Is it worth getting a second COVID-19 booster?

webfact

2 minutes ago, StealthComms said:

In ur imaginary world.

Data says opposite

show me the data that says opposite. Oh wait, I see in a later post that you are referring to data which is unacceptable outside of pseudo science sites.

3 minutes ago, StealthComms said:

DYOR about Pfizer data dump.

I can't post links here other then MSM

Why would I do that?

I pulled you up on your claim from your first link, its wrong in the reply you were posting to, you hastily edited and added another link after I had already replied which has zero to do with it. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Get as many jabs as you like as I'm sure your research, if any has convinced you to keep taking them, so why even bother posting ?

Proton's question is reasonable, social media is rife with charlatans making various claims. You or I could spout any BS we fancy, all that is needed is a desk, a shelf of books behind us , a teleprompter,and a sincere expression.

One of the funniest I saw was some pseudo-doctor who attempted to illustrate masks did not work. He was out by a factor of 10 on the diameter of coronavirus, and did not know water vapor is a gas, not a liquid.

24 minutes ago, StealthComms said:

That's what I quoted 12% for the first week then 1% sir.

Here's Yahoo on it tho it says kids

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-12-154550168.html

Pfizer documents

https://www.icandecide.org/pfizer-documents/

As for severe disease, modeling by Imperial College London found that the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine with a booster was around 85.9 percent effective against Omicron, compared with about 97 percent against Delta.Jan 20, 2565 BE

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/by-the-numbers-covid-19-vaccines-and-omicron#Pfizer-booster-vs.-Omicron

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't understand your question. Covid is a very serious illness but 3 or 4 shots of vaccines will usually prevent it from being a serious illness.

But the vaccine wanes after six months and you are no longer vaccinated after that time, meaning you will need another booster to remain vaccinated 

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

But the vaccine wanes after six months and you are no longer vaccinated after that time, meaning you will need another booster to remain vaccinated 

It mostly wanes against infections. Protection against serious illness remains largely intact and each shot provides more protection against serious illness than each previous shot. It is important to distinguish between infections and serious illness. You still seem to be conflicted on that issue despite the many posts on this forum explaining the difference.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Proton's question is reasonable, social media is rife with charlatans making various claims. You or I could spout any BS we fancy, all that is needed is a desk, a shelf of books behind us , a teleprompter,and a sincere expression.

One of the funniest I saw was some pseudo-doctor who attempted to illustrate masks did not work. He was out by a factor of 10 on the diameter of coronavirus, and did not know water vapor is a gas, not a liquid.

This is one to start with.

All you need to do is Google his credentials Dr Paul Offit, he is also on the board of the FDA committee, listen to this video of him being interviewed, you only need to listen to him for the first 20-30 minutes then it goes to two other doctors for their input.

FYI @proton

Only if travel dictates...

My next door neighbour, fit 55 year old died of it. Saw him get into an ambulance one day - dead of Covid the next ( London )

Edited by Pmbkk

9 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Perhaps they noticed the 1.4 million dead people in Asia alone. A 1% probability of death among the total population is not insignificant and we're far from done yet.

oh jesus! a member of the covid cult.  "we're far from done yet"....  then all the bed wetting wussies shouldnt be coming out from behind the sofa yet then.      course were not done its here to stay, so we gotta get on with our lives.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

This is one to start with.

All you need to do is Google his credentials Dr Paul Offit, he is also on the board of the FDA committee, listen to this video of him being interviewed, you only need to listen to him for the first 20-30 minutes then it goes to two other doctors for their input.

FYI @proton

At 3;55 he says the "goal of the vaccine is to protect against serious illness because that is the only reasonable goal". That's all that needs to be understood about the vaccines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Only if travel dictates...

My next door neighbour, fit 55 year old died of it. Saw him get into an ambulance one day - dead of Covid the next ( London )

Some people are still dying from covid infections despite vaccination but fortunately the vaccines have reduced the incidence of serious illness and death to much lower levels than experienced early in the pandemic. The vaccines protected very well against the earlier varieties of the virus and that saved potentially millions of deaths.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, paulikens said:

oh jesus! a member of the covid cult.  "we're far from done yet"....  then all the bed wetting wussies shouldnt be coming out from behind the sofa yet then.      course were not done its here to stay, so we gotta get on with our lives.  

That's patently false as the latest stats show.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=covid+stats+thailand

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/thailand/

How do people get from a declining graph to "covid is here to stay"? It now appears that with vaccines we are finally winning the war against against covid. It is always possible that we could see another, more infectious version but we are now better positioned to fight against it.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It mostly wanes against infections. Protection against serious illness remains largely intact and each shot provides more protection against serious illness than each previous shot. It is important to distinguish between infections and serious illness. You still seem to be conflicted on that issue despite the many posts on this forum explaining the difference.

I haven't paid much attention to it  all really .

I haven't been vaccinated at all and I wont be getting vaccinated in the future 

So, I don't take much interest in the subject

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Then what motivates you to opine in this thread? It would be reasonable to assume that if you don't take much interest then you aren't very well informed on the topic.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Have you had or considered the shingles vaccine.....?

Sorry. I got it wrong.  I had shingles vaccine 1x in January 2021.  1x every 5 years.  

I had pneumonia vaccine 2020 and booster for that 2021.  

both researched with clinical studies.  Don’t know exact for pneumonia 

Too many vaccines in too little time ????????????????

1 minute ago, StealthComms said:

Did u see dead ppl from vaccine, amputated legs, blood cloths, heart strokes, dead kids, permanently injured? Guess that's no matter to u at all.

numbers compared to the virus itself? did I say that vaccines are 100% safe? I remember he horrific scenes and the desperation in hospitals in 2020, especially in Italy and Spain. Do you?

There is a high likelihood that the only party a 2nd booster benefits is Big Pharma. It is a wet dream for them. If one booster is not enough, why would two be required? 

Got a Moderna booster back in the US, as it was easy and free. Don't need another. Covid is nearly gone, anyway. No more Zombie Apocalypse. How nice is that? 

• Like 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

There is a high likelihood that the only party a 2nd booster benefits is Big Pharma. It is a wet dream for them. If one booster is not enough, why would two be required? 

Got a Moderna booster back in the US, as it was easy and free. Don't need another. Covid is nearly gone, anyway. No more Zombie Apocalypse. How nice is that? 

One is not enough and that's why we need two according to the data. I got my 4th on the first day that I was eligible to receive it. I am sure that my age and state of health meant that I was at risk of dying from covid and believed that I probably would have but for the vaccines. I'm totally convinced that vaccines have saved my life from covid infection. So much so that I no longer fear covid and will travel back to Pattaya very soon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do fail to understand why people who have presumably been vaccinated against polio, typhoid, tetanus and hepatitis suddenly think COVID vaccines are a malign conspiracy of some kind.

The data is in, a small chance of dying, depending on age group, and a much bigger chance ( 10-20% in Australia ) of developing "long COVID", meaning months of recovery and remediation therapy. Why gamble, when the after-effects of infection are so easily avoidable?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

One is not enough and that's why we need two according to the data. I got my 4th on the first day that I was eligible to receive it. I am sure that my age and state of health meant that I was at risk of dying from covid and believed that I probably would have but for the vaccines. I'm totally convinced that vaccines have saved my life from covid infection. So much so that I no longer fear covid and will travel back to Pattaya very soon.

I never feared covid, even before I got vaccinated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StealthComms said:

There was recent Pfizer data dump of 80 000+ pages that they wanted to seal for 75 years and court overturned it.

You won't hear about it in MSM ofcourse.

There's many shocking and terrible things in it like vaccine is effective 12% for the first 7 days then goes down to 1% for Omicron.

They never tested it on pregnant woman but on rats then told pregnant it's safe.

There's lots more there 

No one talks about it too.

Search Twitter for #pfizerdocuments #pfizer

Or just Google it. 

there is no way the vaxxers want to spend time reading the many hard to find sources that do not agree with the mainstreet media narrative that they blindly follow.    

"safe and effective"  is all they want to repeat.    Even Pfizers papers show the real truth 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I do fail to understand why people who have presumably been vaccinated against polio, typhoid, tetanus and hepatitis suddenly think COVID vaccines are a malign conspiracy of some kind.

The data is in, a small chance of dying, depending on age group, and a much bigger chance ( 10-20% in Australia ) of developing "long COVID", meaning months of recovery and remediation therapy. Why gamble, when the after-effects of infection are so easily avoidable?

there is a lot of "data"  and opinions from very respected Drs that you and others have not accessed. In other words you are hearing only one side of the story.     I will not debate anyone, as it is useless.

But as i know you,  i will send you sources to read if you desire

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

y are also failing to advise us of the downside of getting too many doses, i.e. that it can do to our immune system as many top Dr's in their fields of immunology and virology have said.

Why don’t you tell us then? Or give us the link to the YouTube doctors.

1 minute ago, StealthComms said:

Ever heard about natural immunity? As well variants differ 0.2% between most distant and if u infected with 1 ur immune sys will recognize next one, u might get common cold and that's how always been. We don't need mRNA gene therapies really

what about all the dead people? did they not need vaccines?

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That's not what vaccinated means. It simply means that you have been injected with a vaccine.

Once you have been injected with it, you are vaccinated and will remain so forever. You can't go back to a status where you haven't been vaccinated (i.e. haven't had the vaccine injected into you).

The level of immunity may wane, but that doesn't change the fact that you have been vaccinated.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1