THA chief admits that 2023 will be "tourism recovery year" - but more Indians expected in 2022

webfact

"If we can get 400,000 a month during the low season months that will indicate we can get a million a month for the next high season from October," she said."

Most certainly it doesn't work like that... first of all the high season does not begin in October...????????..... May be for her!..... Raining season is on the way in a couple of months....the only way forward and I write this part is because I worked many years in Tourism industry is to drop the rates by say 40-50%(One cannot make a loss out of a vacant room!!!) just to fill the occupancies...We did this in Greece when we were in recession, literally reduced the rates by up to 50% Mon-Thurs... weekends saw a few increases....and we had 6 months season... here we have year-round season in partial fulfillment of beds..Why they have offered incentives to Digital Nomads I will never understand??.... Spanish Islands like Lanzarote,Las Palmas

Tenerife have extremely high apartment, hotel beds occupancy,the recreational facilities are unparalleled ... conferences, meetings, gyms etc... seminars,all funded by corporate employers.......I enjoyed writing this... hope it is interesting for readers here!????????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Especially as Chinese tourists - the previous bedrock of Thai tourism - are still not coming at all. 

my advise???  shouldn't count them nor the Indians on your 2023 expectations/wishes

The FTI expects a brighter economic outlook in the second half of this year, depending on how many foreign tourists come to the country following the easing of mandatory entry rules.

Well, temper your expectations, Thailand. Until you learn to live with Covid and bin all your Covid red-tape, the majority of the travellers will be staying away in their droves.

• Like 2

The Saudis are coming! That is the big tourist news. After a 30 year ban over the blue  diamond affair Saudis  are now allowed to visit Thailand.

Indian wedding parties are mega business.  Massive entourages of Indians come over for weddings with a hundred  guests block  booking villas and partying for days. As well as the economy travellers Indians also have incredibly wealthy  people, educated, cultured and rich.  Despite what the cargo pants and singha vest brigade  on this forum think Indians are  popular  here. They are more fun  and polite than many tourists and their Bangra music including the EDM re- mixes are famous and played at many non Indian clubs.

As for the Saudis- watch out !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The Saudis are coming! That is the big tourist news. After a 30 year ban over the blue  diamond affair Saudis  are now allowed to visit Thailand.

Indian wedding parties are mega business.  Massive entourages of Indians come over for weddings with a hundred  guests block  booking villas and partying for days. As well as the economy travellers Indians also have incredibly wealthy  people, educated, cultured and rich.  Despite what the cargo pants and singha vest brigade  on this forum think Indians are  popular  here. They are more fun  and polite than many tourists and their Bangra music including the EDM re- mixes are famous and played at many non Indian clubs.

As for the Saudis- watch out !

Cargo Pants are not appropriate in your view? Really?  You better do some research as they are back in style

https://wear-next.com/trends/are-cargo-pants-in-style-in-2021/

Cargo pants have evolved from being traditionally masculine, with their history rooted in the British military, to becoming a fashion piece you just get to have fun with. 

Your dad’s favorite type of trousers was also spotted at Copenhagen and Paris Fashion Week. This utilitarian piece has been elevated into a new style staple, thanks to new ways of styling. Show goers paired the piece with more streamlined items like tweed jackets.

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 hours ago, geisha said:

Saw one of our former cleaning ladies near centre Jomtien ( 3 years ago) who told me she was working at a hotel now, and that they had to re decorate the  hotel rooms as they’d had a Chinese contract . I stayed in a 5 star hotel center Penang around that time, and the management moved me to a private members room for breakfast as the Chinese group were behaving so disgustingly !! Think I prefer Indians, at least they are polite.,

I will not take sides. There are good and bad people, nationality doesn't  matter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cargo Pants are not appropriate in your view? Really?  You better do some research as they are back in style

https://wear-next.com/trends/are-cargo-pants-in-style-in-2021/

Cargo pants have evolved from being traditionally masculine, with their history rooted in the British military, to becoming a fashion piece you just get to have fun with. 

Your dad’s favorite type of trousers was also spotted at Copenhagen and Paris Fashion Week. This utilitarian piece has been elevated into a new style staple, thanks to new ways of styling. Show goers paired the piece with more streamlined items like tweed jackets.

It's 2022 and  I was referring  to shorts as worn in Pattaya and no they are not paired with tweed jackets  here usually stained Singha vests - but the issue is less the fashion  sense of the  anti indians but their lack of experience of wealthy Indian tourists

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I winder why wedding are popular in Thailand? Is it because only the rich members of

a family show up to attend?  I do hope that the High tourist season in October or later this year

is a big improvement to last high season. Maybe the Thailand pass will be gone by then, but if it is a money maker,

well i guess it will be something else that I will have to fill out for my next trip.

I would not mind helping the year of recover, and hope that 2024 is not the next time I will be in Thailand.