Savannakhet Visa based on marriage

On 5/12/2022 at 1:57 PM, Kenneth White said:

I have heard rumblings that the Savannakhet border was open. I used that port of entry before COVID, then changed my status to retired when it became difficult and costly to do the boarder run. I used an agency to navigate immigrations, they also funded my bank account with the required funds needed. I don't know how they got around the days required the deposit be in my account before and after, and I did not ask. I also know that the 800K is not require if you can show bank deposits of 64,000 baht a month for the past year, which would not require a boarder run. Good luck with your renewal.

The retirement visa really is the way to go. 

Before the pandemic I did enjoy the Laos trips for a break.  It was a little adventure.  It was pretty slow before the pandemic, I wonder how its faring now? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Just “bumping” this thread to see if anyone has any more recent info as I’m planning to apply for multi-O (marriage) in Savannakhet next month. 

I'll be making the run early October. 

Looks like not much has changed from previous years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Just “bumping” this thread to see if anyone has any more recent info as I’m planning to apply for multi-O (marriage) in Savannakhet next month. 

There is a newer topic here. With recent posts.

• Like 1