Italian man, reportedly a popular local chef, dies after motorbike crash in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – A 40-year-old Italian driver has been pronounced dead after a motorbike crash in the Pattaya area after midnight May 11th.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident at 0:30 A.M. on Jomtien Second Road in Nongprue, Banglamung. Police, emergency responders and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene shortly after.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The body of the 40-year-old male Italian motorbike rider (The Pattaya News is withholding his name pending embassy and family notification) was found face down near a damaged power pole, bleeding heavily.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/11/italian-man-reportedly-a-popular-local-chef-dies-after-motorbike-crash-in-pattaya/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-12

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

I won't post it but the identity of this accident victim has already been been released on a popular FB page. Yes he was a chef and yes I've tasted his food. Condolences to his coworkers, friends, and family. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's not the roads that are dangerous for bikers, it's the incompetent users. 

Why blame the roads, the roads have no voice to object to your rediculous comments. 

Riding in an unsafe manner is to blame. 

Some road users riding intoxicated, drugs and alcohol, poor skills, defective bikes etc are to blame. 

Having traveled to 40 countries I find the roads in Thailand suitable for safe journeys. 

I suggest you travel abroad to see other countries and the conditions of their roads. 

"rediculous". LOL ????????????

58 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It's not the roads that are dangerous for bikers, it's the incompetent users. 

Why blame the roads, the roads have no voice to object to your rediculous comments. 

Riding in an unsafe manner is to blame. 

Some road users riding intoxicated, drugs and alcohol, poor skills, defective bikes etc are to blame. 

Having traveled to 40 countries I find the roads in Thailand suitable for safe journeys. 

I suggest you travel abroad to see other countries and the conditions of their roads. 

The roads never really bother me in the 20 years of riding big bikers here. My biggest problem would be the amount of dogs and chickens on the roads I have come very close on hitting a dog and had one hit my rear tire but I didn't lose control, also have hit a few chickens, why they are in the streets your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Don't be discouraged riding in Thailand as it is pure pleasure riding, no matter what country you are in. Just remember to always be a defensive rider, two extra eyes in the back of your head would help a lot.  

As would a good amulet or two.

When i ride my bike around Bkk my head and my eyes are like on a swivel, looking and noticing everything around me especially what's happening behind me, this is the LEAST i can do to ride safely in this country...

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Jomtien 2nd Road, well know for speedsters at night. RIP

Yep, probably the fastest road in the area and lots of opportunity go wide open throttle here. 

Once saw a guy doing a wheelie while standing on his seat. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

But Thailand's roads are among the most dangerous in the world for bikers.

More like,  many bikers make Thailands roads   the most dangerous, with their low standard of driving

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

The roads never really bother me in the 20 years of riding big bikers here. My biggest problem would be the amount of dogs and chickens on the roads I have come very close on hitting a dog and had one hit my rear tire but I didn't lose control, also have hit a few chickens, why they are in the streets your guess is as good as mine.

Soi dogs sleep in the middle of the roads it is home to them. Chickens cross the road, ergo "Why did the Chicken cross the road"

12 minutes ago, ezzra said:

When i ride my bike around Bkk my head and my eyes are like on a swivel, looking and noticing everything around me especially what's happening behind me, this is the LEAST i can do to ride safely in this country...

Correct!!

The only accident i was involved in was when i was sitting stationary at the Traffic lights,at the Threppasit/ Thrappaya Rd junction when 2 young Thai guys (Idiots) racing each other along Threppasit Rd,one of them ran into the back of me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AsiaCheese said:

RIP - but this accident apparently didn't have anything to do with "Thailand dangerous for motorbikes". Plus he didn't wear a helmet. There are ways of provoking death...

And preventing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onerak said:

So sad. Reading this type stories discourage me to ride my motorcycle in Thailand.

"Witnesses told The Pattaya News the victim was driving at extremely high speed before losing control and crashing into a power pole."

would you be able to refrain from driving at extremely high speed ?