TOT andf 3BB speedtest

userabcd

Sometimes do a speedtest with nperf and ookla, there were no problems, the speed available and the speed on the diagram was smooth for upload and download.

Today when started my pc the internet seems a bit sluggish so tried a speed test nperf and ookla websites that the internet speed is available but the diagram shows downloading the packages intermittently in 0.5 to 1 sec blocks both for upload and download.

Anybody else having a similar situation on TOT or 3BB?

21 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Did you try resetting your router?

Maybe try a different target location for the test.

Thanks, Yes done all that, it is the same.

For some reason my androidTV device upload and download speeds are very low and streams are buffering a lot Upload and download speed is 17Mbps DL and 5Mbps UL on a 600/600 connection on the 5Ghz.

The speed test on a pc with lan and wifi is normal but the browsing feels sluggish an the speedtests are showing this intermittent upload and download in 0.5 to 1 sec blocks.

Strange on my android phone it is all normal.

Think I will call TOT and let them investigate.

Edited by userabcd

Downloading "...intermittently...."?

Whats are your speed results from Ookla?

What is your router and did u connect to 5 GHz, ethernet?

I have ToT and just tested to all corners of the globe using ookla on 5GHz wifi, macOS, both latency and speeds are all very good: nothing less than 700Mbps from Thailand to servers located on US west coast (SEA), east coast, Canada, EU (Germany) Ukraine (Kyiv). AU; Perth, Darwin, etc.

I find ToT is reliable and provides consistent high speed connections overseas to USA and the other way to the European servers. Maybe u have a bottlekneck in your current network system including your computer, router, settings. All need to be tweeked for max performance. I seldom have a slow connection from Thailand to local servers and international connections, always have great speeds.

I am not an IT expert by any means but take network advise from wherever I can get it as needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, userabcd said:

Thanks, Yes done all that, it is the same.

For some reason my androidTV device upload and download speeds are very low and streams are buffering a lot Upload and download speed is 17Mbps DL and 5Mbps UL on a 600/600 connection on the 5Ghz.

The speed test on a pc with lan and wifi is normal but the browsing feels sluggish an the speedtests are showing this intermittent upload and download in 0.5 to 1 sec blocks.

Strange on my android phone it is all normal.

Think I will call TOT and let them investigate.

I think the hardware and software  in modern phones is more powerful and efficient than TVs and laptops. I can't  really  use my smart  TV for downloading or streaming but everything  go into my Samsung s10 then cast to my TV. Recently  Zooming between  UK and here we all get better  results when using the mobile- better than the laptops

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zackz said:

Downloading "...intermittently...."?

Whats are your speed results from Ookla?

What is your router and did u connect to 5 GHz, ethernet?

I have ToT and just tested to all corners of the globe using ookla on 5GHz wifi, macOS, both latency and speeds are all very good: nothing less than 700Mbps from Thailand to servers located on US west coast (SEA), east coast, Canada, EU (Germany) Ukraine (Kyiv). AU; Perth, Darwin, etc.

I find ToT is reliable and provides consistent high speed connections overseas to USA and the other way to the European servers. Maybe u have a bottlekneck in your current network system including your computer, router, settings. All need to be tweeked for max performance. I seldom have a slow connection from Thailand to local servers and international connections, always have great speeds.

I am not an IT expert by any means but take network advise from wherever I can get it as needed.

Thanks for confirming, TOT has always been reliable for me about 3 years now no problems.

The router TOT installed is their Huawei Gigabit GPON Terminal. which works on Gigabit Lan, wifi 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, I always connect either on Gbit lan or on the 5Ghz.

Contacted TOT and they are going to send a tech on Monday to have a look.

Edited by userabcd