Where to dispose of old washing machine

Whale

I have been leaving old appliance out by the garbage cans on the street, by the time I make it back to my front door they are gone. I did take one to the local recycling yard, where they buy scrap metal, plastic & bottles, I got 20 baht.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, warrima said:

Dont know about your Condo but at ours we just leave these type of items out by the bins and the foreign workers snatch them up in minutes. 

Yes thats how to do it , we left old washing machine and tv outside our gate in  a moo baan in Bangkok  within 30 minutes 3 mooban workers were around it, and soon a pickup arrived took everything away. even some loose wiring

• Like 1

Not sure in Bangkok but there are these pickup trucks they drive through the neighborhood with a loud speaker basically for large items in Thailand " old " for a old Frigerator you could get easily 500 baht from them. 

I too leave stuff at the garbage bin gone in minutes but big stuff you can get good baht my last haul pickup 2000 baht.

Go to a repair shop and ask them to take it in to their workshop. Ours will come out and pick it up. When they tell you it will cost way more than you paid for the new one to fix it, just leave it there. They will dispose of it after a while, and strangely they don't get angry.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

There used to be a temple in BKK where they were teaching youngsters to repair appliances. I called them when had things like that and they'd come and take it. I'll try to look for the name and contact number.

That's the place:

https://thailandtourismdirectory.go.th/en/attraction/23310

Wat Suan Kaew

That's excellent!

If you have a truck, Thai recycling depot will buy it off you based on its weight.

If you don't have a truck, keep an eye out for people going around on sidecar collecting bottles plastic and the like (they on sell to the above mention recycling depots). You can sell, or give it to them.

Were in Grunthep are you located?

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

They're fast! 

I left an old microwave out last weekend. When i returned to the room i noticed the glass plate that rotates on the table (mrs had taken it out). Thought to myself i'll bring that down just in case someone wants to take and use the microwave. It was gone.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, thailand49 said:

Not sure in Bangkok but there are these pickup trucks they drive through the neighborhood with a loud speaker basically for large items in Thailand " old " for a old Frigerator you could get easily 500 baht from them. 

In Bangkok,  too.

• Like 1