Thai Health Ministry may propose lowering COVID Alert from Level 3 to 2

snoop1130

2 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Since Prayut is in States, he should able to see the real world from his own eyes and without mask.

Not so sure if the United States are such a good model. The number of their cases is quite high (according to John Hopkins University and WHO) 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, wombat said:

The eyes have it.

Good comment. I definitely see a smile in their eyes.  When Thais, or anyone, are giving you a real smile or a real laugh.  A true smile is always revealed by the eyes and surrounding muscles even if you can see their face smiling.  Or even a real thumbs up.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry of Public Health anticipates that COVID-19 infections in Thailand will be on a decline by the end of this month or in early June, which will enable it to propose further easing of restrictions, including the downgrading of the COVID Alert to Level 2, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Easy does it, we don't want to rush things.....

unless it's got something to do with Marijuana and needs to be pushed through?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, wombat said:
13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Life won't be normal until I can, once more see a pretty woman smile. Thailand IS the Land of Smiles. Get the masks off now.

The eyes have it.

Perhaps it is just me.  I can not tell if a woman is cute or not with a mask on.   

1 hour ago, wombat said:
13 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Life won't be normal until I can, once more see a pretty woman smile. Thailand IS the Land of Smiles. Get the masks off now.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

The eyes have it.

Oh for sure. I got used to that during my many years in the middle east. But it's not quite the same as a full on smile is it.

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

For sure! This whole charade has stifled Thais and made them more controlled and miserable. The smile is very important here; there are many of them. The eyes aren’t enough for quickly ascertaining intention.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:
17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

For sure! This whole charade has stifled Thais and made them more controlled and miserable. The smile is very important here; there are many of them. The eyes aren’t enough for quickly ascertaining intention.

13 different smiles according to Tom Touhy in his book, 'Watching the Thais' and they're used constantly in their communications with one another. Well, used to be! It's all very sad.

Thank goodness we live in a small village where we don't take mask wearing so seriously. Even the Phu Yai Ban doesn't bother and he just happens to be my wife's nephew. ????

Back in my home country for 2 weeks now, after 5 years absence. No one is talking about Covid here anymore, all restrictions have been lifted. In July we're going back to Thailand. I hope by then the Thais will have understood that Covid is over. I'm afraid it will take a little longer though ????

• Like 2