Honda click problem

roger101

I have a 6 year old Click (45,000 k ) no problems up to today. It's jumping all over the road when I go over a bump. I  even  feel the criss cross road markings like a bump. I took it to the motorbike shop on Soi Buakhao and they fixed it. Well they made it better than it was but it's still bad.

Can anyone recommend a motorcycle shop that has the skill to fix it properly.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Roger

Two things from my experience? 

Shocks front and back. Five year from my estimation is about right see if front fork is leaking fluid? 

I once also was bouncing all over the place while working talking a big guy overheard my problem he went to my bike Click pick up the back of bike and dropped it down a bit said too much air in tire.  I had recently replaced Both before letting air out I checked the pressure 60, I dropped it down to 35, and notice a big difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

checked the pressure 60

Geeeeessss...!!!

Had a bloke here who constantly bent the u/c on his ultralight......... he was pumping tyres the same pressure because..."that was the maximum written on the tyre". ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Geeeeessss...!!!

Had a bloke here who constantly bent the u/c on his ultralight......... he was pumping tyres the same pressure because..."that was the maximum written on the tyre". ????????????

Not only in Thailand. I was reading a motoring forum. Someone was asking for the best tyre pressure(s) for his particular vehicle, stating load, type of wheel, terrain, usual number of passengers etc. Some bright spark asked him if he had a literacy problem? All he had to do was read the pressure stated on his sidewalls and inflate to that. Unbelievable!  

I cant remember exactly but the handbook for my Honda PCX  gives Tyre pressures  of 30 plus  PSI + front & rear .. i put the bike in to a local bike repair shop in East Pattaya for an Oil change,  etc..  when i picked up the bike it was how u describe yours, more like riding over a wet uneven Cobblestone road, i checked the tyres, they had put 50+ PSI in front,  and rear .. I .deflated the tyres,  and alls well...Thai style  of pumping tyres up til they  rock hard  without use of  a gauge...

Edited by actonion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Local shops do seem intent on over-pressuring tyres. I once tested after fitting a new tyre and it blew my gauge apart!

That's normal here they account for 5 people on one bike .

• Haha 2

I got fed up a long time ago with over-inflated tyres so I bought an electric air pump and do it myself now. I've found that around 35 psi is ideal for my Click, 40 psi resulted in too rough a ride. If you don't want to buy a pump, just get the tyres over-inflated to 50 psi+ at a bike shop, as usual, and then use a cheap hand pressure gauge to reduce the pressure to around 35 psi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Two things from my experience? 

Shocks front and back. Five year from my estimation is about right see if front fork is leaking fluid? 

I once also was bouncing all over the place while working talking a big guy overheard my problem he went to my bike Click pick up the back of bike and dropped it down a bit said too much air in tire.  I had recently replaced Both before letting air out I checked the pressure 60, I dropped it down to 35, and notice a big difference. 

Yep, same problem a good garage in Pattaya put way too much air in, it was like riding on ice. Makes you doubt their other work if they are so stupid to put 60psi in rather than 35

2 minutes ago, Deli said:

Check 3 things:

Pressure in tires

How old is your fork oil ?

How much worn is your rear shock absorber ?

I have absolutely no idea. All I know is how to ride the bike. Same with cars

8 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I have absolutely no idea. All I know is how to ride the bike. Same with cars

Most likely never changes the fork oil then. Get it done. I change the tear shock absorber to a gas powered from YSS. Was about 4 k but very much worth while. Tire pressure check... well, you will manage. 

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

I got fed up a long time ago with over-inflated tyres so I bought an electric air pump and do it myself now. I've found that around 35 psi is ideal for my Click, 40 psi resulted in too rough a ride. If you don't want to buy a pump, just get the tyres over-inflated to 50 psi+ at a bike shop, as usual, and then use a cheap hand pressure gauge to reduce the pressure to around 35 psi.

Several gas stations around town with air pumps and digital gauge readouts, free to use.

• Like 2

As others have said, it's overinflated tires.  I've had exactly this problem in the past after a local Thai shop worked on my bike.  I found both tires at 50+ and the bike a CRF250L was extremely squirrely to ride.  Reduced tire press to mfg. specs and presto, problem solved.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep, same problem a good garage in Pattaya put way too much air in, it was like riding on ice. Makes you doubt their other work if they are so stupid to put 60psi in rather than 35

I don't think I've ever been in shop flats, new tires, etc actually seen them pull out a guage they just hand feel it.  Hell you can buy one anywhere for less than a 100 baht.  After that the first thing went out and got a guage not one but a half dozen have one in each bike and the cars.

Prior to finding out, I went and got new shock lucky the click only requires one but I paid for a good one had the front struts taken apart and new kit put in although cheap. Took off said to myself still the same hell the shop might have knew but hey he did what I told him.???? 

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I don't think I've ever been in shop flats, new tires, etc actually seen them pull out a guage they just hand feel it.  Hell you can buy one anywhere for less than a 100 baht.  After that the first thing went out and got a guage not one but a half dozen have one in each bike and the cars.

Prior to finding out, I went and got new shock lucky the click only requires one but I paid for a good one had the front struts taken apart and new kit put in although cheap. Took off said to myself still the same hell the shop might have knew but hey he did what I told him.???? 

i went for new tyres so of course they pump them up, at home i use a foot pump with gauge, next time a shop puts air in I'll take it back out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, actonion said:

I cant remember exactly but the handbook for my Honda PCX  gives Tyre pressures  of 30 plus  PSI + front & rear .. i put the bike in to a local bike repair shop in East Pattaya for an Oil change,  etc..  when i picked up the bike it was how u describe yours, more like riding over a wet uneven Cobblestone road, i checked the tyres, they had put 50+ PSI in front,  and rear .. I .deflated the tyres,  and alls well...Thai style  of pumping tyres up til they  rock hard  without use of  a gauge...

30 front, 33 rear...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think my click is meant to be 29 front 35 rear, but i do 35\40 otherwise it's under inflated day 2

Over inflating ruins the ride quality, our newish Yamaha Grand Filano Hybrid has 30F/33R, same as our old PCX, it is a better ride than the PCX too, but, many of the road surfaces where I am are cr_p.....????

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are you sure? Mityon have a bit of a reputation for having inexperienced staff, ok for basic stuff, also they charge more

No, I've heard the opposite. 

I always have my bikes serviced there, air-conditioned waiting room, all original parts, no markups, cheap as chips. 

This is their main Pattaya service centre, not their showroom workshops which I'm sure have a Dodgy mechanics. 

Lots of experience and very quick to fix. 

• Like 1