Wine kits?

I want to make some wine as the prices for even a <deleted>ty bottle are prohibitive, causing me to drink Chang. Is there anywhere in Bangkok that I can go to buy a wine kit, or wine making supplies? No, I don't want to order something from abroad, in case customs has a problem with it.

19 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

You might try WAS Homebrew Shop on Lazada - Link.

Thanks for the link. Looking at them now. Their stuff looks good, namely the hard materials, but as for grape juice, it seems they only sell it in all inclusive kits (about 4k to make 4 litres). Of course, 1k a litre isn't exactly what I'm looking to accomplish here. Any source for cheaper grape juice of a decent quality that's sold alone. I want to make about 20 litres of wine.

14 minutes ago, misterworldwide said:

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.h0WA1

I'm seeing this concentrate on Lazada. How many litres of concentrate would I need to make 20 litres of wine? Sorry if I sound like a n00b, my last time making wine was in 2008, so I don't remember much about the process.

I used to make a lot of wine back in the day in UK but I never used grapes!

There was always plenty of "fruit" on the hedgrows and in peoples gardens.

Gooseberries, elderberries, blackberries etc. etc.

I've thought about making some since I've been out here but too lazy to do it!

My initial thought was to use pineapples, oranges or mangos for white wine.

These shouldn't be too expensive for quantities!

It's worth a try!

4 hours ago, misterworldwide said:

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.h0WA1

I'm seeing this concentrate on Lazada. How many litres of concentrate would I need to make 20 litres of wine? Sorry if I sound like a n00b, my last time making wine was in 2008, so I don't remember much about the process.

Translation from the website:

For ready -to -drink grape juice The ratio of 1:20 (concentrated Jamago grape juice and clean water, boiled or water)
 For soda mixed drinks The ratio of 1:25 (concentrated Jamago grape juice and cooked clean water Or water)
 In mixing various beverages You can adjust the ratio as you are satisfied. Concentrated grape juice. Jamago fun every mix. Mellow in every menu

So, it looks like the 1.4 litre of concentrate will easily make 20 litres of wine (including losses during the racking/bottling) provided that the website is accurate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misterworldwide said:

Thanks for the link. Looking at them now. Their stuff looks good, namely the hard materials, but as for grape juice, it seems they only sell it in all inclusive kits (about 4k to make 4 litres). Of course, 1k a litre isn't exactly what I'm looking to accomplish here. Any source for cheaper grape juice of a decent quality that's sold alone. I want to make about 20 litres of wine.

Just buy organic  grape juice..must be organic

You can make wine from  anything. The first I made when I was 13 was from potatoes - in Saudi - Kuwait- Libya I made thousands of litres over the years never used a kit BUT you can get special yeast wine types.

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Just buy organic  grape juice..must be organic

You can make wine from  anything. The first I made when I was 13 was from potatoes - in Saudi - Kuwait- Libya I made thousands of litres over the years never used a kit BUT you can get special yeast wine types.

why must be organic, and how would you know it really is?

5 minutes ago, proton said:

why must be organic, and how would you know it really is?

I'm always amused by terms such as organic grape juice, disappointed I have yet to see inorganic grape juice.

Call the stuff pesticide - free instead of torturing the English language.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm always amused by terms such as organic grape juice, disappointed I have yet to see inorganic grape juice.

Call the stuff pesticide - free instead of torturing the English language.

There is many different types of mango, that can be excellent wine, and have been thinking of making a proper set up and try different types and maybe mix with lime.