Five year old girl savaged by stray dog: "Dogs are protected" says local official

webfact

So soi dogs are protected. Incredible. Anyway, if one of the filthy stinking sly vermin ever bite me or one of my loved ones then a few days later I'd fix it a special tasty meal. No point telling cops or complaining to owners. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You certainly don't live up to your username. I would do the same, even though I'm a dog lover. A dog that attacks a child, or an adult, needs to be euthanized, period. Idiots are those that teach animals to fight. Of course money is made, so that won't stop anytime soon. A dog that attacks my child, is a dog that doesn't do it again. I've been bitten by a dog here, that was owned. It's lucky I didn't respond with deadly force. Dogs are animals, people come first. A lesson needs to be learned.

well said mate i agree 100%

I am an animal lover. I have been lucky to have worked on a dairy farm and horse track in south Florida, in my youth. I have owned dogs and cats my entire life. It is the owners of the animals responsibility to take care of them. There were local statutes for owning any domestics animal, like spay and neuter them. I am appalled seeing dogs running lose covered in mange, starving to the point of licking the road surface and sidewalks just to taste what food may have been there. My Thai family has two dogs Feno the male is neutered and Gallet is female, she is an English Bull Dog and she is for breeding. Thai animal control, if that's what you want to call them, needs to be funded and local statutes implemented requiring owners take responsibility and have their pets neutered or spayed. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kenneth White said:

Thai animal control, if that's what you want to call them, needs to be funded and local statutes implemented requiring owners take responsibility and have their pets neutered or spayed. 

No Chance, in a million years.

Thais don't even take care of there children, just look at the parents on the motor bikes, with there children.

unbelievable selfish people.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 2:52 PM, lahgon29 said:

The cats around me I consider vermin if in my yard. Some of them tend to disappear now and then.

They shoot them in Oz, feral ones I mean. They carry rabies, as well as dogs.. Just act differently when infected. 

That is probably because you need to understand the important function they provide. Open your mind and read a little more, you could find it interesting

9 hours ago, Iwik Detsiwt said:

If "dogs" are protected by law as stated in this article. Then surely the law is responsible for them? Which in turn may mean the local authority are liable? 

Somebody has already posted that if the dog is dangerous and a stray it is indeed the local authority's resposiblility. The official in  question doesn't know his job.

9 hours ago, Orinoco said:

No Chance, in a million years.

Thais don't even take care of there children, just look at the parents on the motor bikes, with there children.

unbelievable selfish people.

Is there a law forbidding parents to have children on their motor bikes with them? Just askin'!

36 minutes ago, sambum said:

Is there a law forbidding parents to have children on their motor bikes with them? Just askin'!

no idea.

But you should not need a law to know what's right and wrong in this situation.

Edited by Orinoco

On 5/19/2022 at 2:24 PM, Archie Baker said:

Your mad. Cats dig up gardens and <deleted> in your flower beds and kill your plants.  Male cats spray their urine everywhere and kill my plants.  All I can say is slingshot

Plants?

A little girl was savaged and you're prattling on about plants?

SMH!

On 5/21/2022 at 11:09 AM, Photoguy21 said:

That is probably because you need to understand the important function they provide. Open your mind and read a little more, you could find it interesting

Feral cats in Oz provide no good function. They are an introduced animal. They're responsible for most deaths of native, endangered animals there. If they are wiped out in an enclosed area, native species thrive. The govt pays bounties for feral cat skins, for God's sake.

Open your mind and read a little more. Read grown up stuff as well. 

On 5/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, lahgon29 said:

Feral cats in Oz provide no good function. They are an introduced animal. They're responsible for most deaths of native, endangered animals there. If they are wiped out in an enclosed area, native species thrive. The govt pays bounties for feral cat skins, for God's sake.

No offence but your government is not something to look up to is it?

On 5/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, lahgon29 said:

Granted, cats do kill a lot of birds and other animals everywhere, feral or not, and they need to be controlled, but offering a bounty will bring about an endless cycle that will never go away. Also, these same cats keep the rat and mouse population down also. Again, sterilization is the only way to control the population explosion of pets, and this again, is the responsibility of the government. Any animal population which goes beyond the carrying capacity of the land they live in needs to be controlled, as hunters do where deer are concerned, but killing cats in that manner isn't right.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 5/21/2022 at 5:07 PM, sambum said:

not as far as i know but a new law has been passed this one cracked me up 

Child seats compulsory kids under 6...

This os going to cause child casualties ..1 people will take more kids on their bikes..if thats even possible ..more accidents more injuries 

Now how can this law work lots of families 3/4 kids under 6 one is cant afford the seats also where the hell can they put them  .      What about the when the whole family on the back of the pick up no seat belts ..how about the baht busses that do the school run no seat belts ..will the masses rebel ?

On 5/25/2022 at 3:44 PM, Harveyboy said:

not as far as i know but a new law has been passed this one cracked me up 

Child seats compulsory kids under 6...

This os going to cause child casualties ..1 people will take more kids on their bikes..if thats even possible ..more accidents more injuries 

Now how can this law work lots of families 3/4 kids under 6 one is cant afford the seats also where the hell can they put them  .      What about the when the whole family on the back of the pick up no seat belts ..how about the baht busses that do the school run no seat belts ..will the masses rebel ?

If you afford to properly raise and take care of the child, you can afford a car seat, which is mandatory in the US. There are children driving scooters here at age 8. The law states you have to have a license to drive a scooter, starting at 15,kids under 2 can't be on scooters, and those over 2 have to wear helmets. Buses don't require seat belts for children. Enforce the laws, and thousands will live, period. I see daily, the rider wearing a helmet, so they won't get a ticket, and as many as 4 passengers, including at times infants, not wearing one, and some have kids standing on the seat. One hit from a car and the whole family can die, and I'm sure it's happened before.