Female Russian tourist brutally assaulted while jogging at Mabprachan reservoir

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Unbelievable Thai bashing suggesting that its the fault of local authorities. 

No it's the fault of local male lowlifes. The stray dogs are the fault of local authorities. But I don't know what's worse around here lowlife local males or stray dogs

Whilst any attack upon alone Female is a wicked and cowardly act, I cannot help but feel this Lady should have been more " Savvy " than o Jog alone after Dark in a remote area

I hope she makes a full recovery from this ordeal, and has learned a lesson.

She is a very lucky Woman, as this kind of attack could have ended with much worse consequences. 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep you'd have a good idea, does a Thai man suddenly not look Thai when jogging? Maybe an African American somehow looks different when jogging? etc

That might apply to ethnicity but not to nationality. A Russian women jogging would be indistinguishable from most other European nationalities (especially Eastern European nationalities).

Just as a Thai man, when jogging, would look pretty much indistinguishable from say, a Lao, a Cambodian or a man from any other number of Asian nationalities.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I very seriously doubt this was war related but there is something about her not knowing what happened that possibly doesn't pass the smell test. A good investigation would at the very least consider if there might be another reason that she may have been targeted. Say no more, use your imagination.

She suffered a head injury, which going by the photos of her in hospital that have been published, looks like it could have been quite severe. She may well have sustained a concussion.

Concussions very frequently cause memory loss. I have suffered two in my life and to this day I can't remember anything that happened in the ten minutes or so before each of them occurred.

In fact, in the immediate aftermath of both, and for a day or so afterwards, I had a memory hole covering around about 12 hours. I eventually recovered my memory of everything up to that last ten to fifteen minutes. But those portions of my recollection have never returned.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I hope she has a speedy recovery.  No one deserves to be attacked like this.  I hope that the police can find the person who attacked her.

You need to check out the other thread on this. They already arrested the guy driving the pickup shown in the video earlier in this thread and he confessed to attacking not only her but also multiple other people, "to relieve stress."

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

No it's the fault of local male lowlifes. The stray dogs are the fault of local authorities. But I don't know what's worse around here lowlife local males or stray dogs

Never had a problem with lowlife males, but I have to carry an extendable baton for the dogs.

21 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You need to check out the other thread on this. They already arrested the guy driving the pickup shown in the video earlier in this thread and he confessed to attacking not only her but also multiple other people, "to relieve stress."

Perhaps others will find ways to relieve their stress on him once he is convicted.

I am not in favour of violence, however as repeat offender perhaps he needs some attitude adjustment towards society

23 minutes ago, newnative said:

I don't know why--especially at night--she picked this off the main path section to jog in in when the main jogging path is better lit and has more people on it.  

Allow me to assist you with your thinking....

The cycling/running track covers around 10 km. So likely she started much earlier, from the opposite entrance. Not wanting to jog 10 kms back, likely she cut through the park to get back to where she started. 

As I suspected, this took place inside the gated area. I don't even do that at night, as it is unlit in many places and my bicycle has no lights attached.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

She suffered a head injury, which going by the photos of her in hospital that have been published, looks like it could have been quite severe. She may well have sustained a concussion.

Concussions very frequently cause memory loss. I have suffered two in my life and to this day I can't remember anything that happened in the ten minutes or so before each of them occurred.

In fact, in the immediate aftermath of both, and for a day or so afterwards, I had a memory hole covering around about 12 hours. I eventually recovered my memory of everything up to that last ten to fifteen minutes. But those portions of my recollection have never returned.

Points taken but IF the motivation.wasn't robbery or sexual assault then it's fair and relevant to an investigation to wonder why. Its my impression that random violent attacks by Thais motivated just by racism against f-rangs aren't common here. This isn't the US after all.

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yep you'd have a good idea, does a Thai man suddenly not look Thai when jogging? Maybe an African American somehow looks different when jogging? etc

Oh right. Next time I spot an old fat farang walking down the street, I'll think British. It's so obvious!

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

This isn't the US after all.

I wish it was more actually lol. Speak Thai!! Why you no speak Thai.. Go back to where you come from.

Edited by bkk75
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bkk75 said:

Speak Thai!! Why you no speak Thai.. Go back to where you come from.

I have never  heard that or any other discrimination personally.

I have it in English speaking countries far too often though, towards Asians, Afro-Americans, European and African refugees. Never in Thailand or anywhere else in Asia

Edited by RJRS1301

Seems to be a lot of people blaming the authorities. She was not on the running track. She was cutting through the water authority land, across the top of the dam, which can connect both ends of the public running track.

Maybe the water authority should keep the gates locked at night, or stop people trespassing altogether.

13 hours ago, Hummin said:

It can be Russians because she is publicly against the war? Or sexual violence, or just driven down by a car, motorbike or a attempt of robbery?

Aliens?

Frankly, I am not able to tell the difference between a Russian and a Ukranian if I do not already know them.

19 hours ago, Slip said:

So you don't aspire to a world where such a female should be able to do so without being attacked?

love to think a world like that existed.. it doesn't mate and certainly not in Pattaya to many scum out there..hope the lady makes a full recovery

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Points taken but IF the motivation.wasn't robbery or sexual assault then it's fair and relevant to an investigation to wonder why. Its my impression that random violent attacks by Thais motivated just by racism against f-rangs aren't common here. This isn't the US after all.

The 35 year-old Thai who has confessed to this attack and several other violent attacks has said the motive for carrying them out was to "relieve stress."

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, bbko said:

Why any female wants to jog alone in a remote dimly lit area at 9:30 at night is beyond me.

The article is unclear, just that the passerby found her at 9:30 PM.

She may have been jogging during daylight hours, assaulted then, and only recovered enough to be found hours later.

But feel free to blame the victim, that ALWAYS works. ????

• Haha 1