Female Russian tourist brutally assaulted while jogging at Mabprachan reservoir

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

How on earth would a Thai guy know she was Russian? Did she sing the Russian national anthem weil jogging?

Like I said, maybe it was a hate crime, but not because she was Russian, and because of the war in Ukraine. 

Maybe this Thai guy just hates farang.  Just something to consider. 

It depends what his actions were, and his words, during the assault. 

We may never know the truth, because it would tarnish Thailand's good image.  ???? 

19 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Most Thai mommy boys wold not even know where Russia or the Ukraine is, just a farang hater, Thais could not tell the different between Russians or any other farangs it got nothing to do with the Ukraine at all,just you Sherlocks on TVF started that nonsens give it a rest.

Once again, you missed my point, or have mixed up my post with another post.  

Perhaps read my post again. 

8 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That is a drunken argument in a pub when people were drunk , nothing to do with where people came from , these drunken fights happen the World over .

The story you provided isn't a case of Thais attacking felangs because they done like felangs , its a case of drunk people fighting and arguing with each other . 

BTW, in the story you highlighted , didnt the Felangs attack the Thais first ?(I seem to recall) 

Ahhh, so it's their fault for being knocked out by Thai's more than half their age because they had consumed some alcohol.  Such a predictable comment.

I suppose the Thai guys we just defending themselves against a 65 year old lady. 

Like I said, that assault was all about hate, and not about professionalism and / or self defense.  If you can't see that, then I don't know what it would take to constitute a hate crime in your books. 

Those guys ended up getting gaol time, which is surprising, given the Brit's had been drinking.  ????

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If people attack bouncers , there's usually some repercussions .

Same thing would have happened had the foreigners being Thai .

The violence was a result of drunken Westerners attacking Thais and the Westerners thought that they would get a free pass to commit violence , because they were Western Old and Female .

They dont get a free pass in Thailand 

Pitiful....

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Like I said, maybe it was a hate crime, but not because she was Russian, and because of the war in Ukraine. 

It depends what his actions were, and his words, during the assault. 

We may never know the truth, because it would tarnish Thailand's good image.  ???? 

Once again, you missed my point, or have mixed up my post with another post.  

Perhaps read my post again. 

I refered to many posts stating hate crimes because of Russian invasian of the Ukraine not pointing out your post

4 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I refered to many posts stating hate crimes because of Russian invasian of the Ukraine not pointing out your post

The attacker stated that he was stressed out and just liked to attack people to relieve the stress .

Although I suggest that the real reason was either a robbery or a sex assault (gone right/wrong) and he's trying to get a more lenient jail sentence by saying it wasnt an attempted  robbery or sex assault 

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If people attack bouncers , there's usually some repercussions .

Same thing would have happened had the foreigners being Thai .

The violence was a result of drunken Westerners attacking Thais and the Westerners thought that they would get a free pass to commit violence , because they were Western Old and Female .

They dont get a free pass in Thailand 

Are you are condoning their beating? 

If you can't see excessive force, due to hate, what do you see????  It sure isn't self defense.  It sure isn't an arrest using reasonable force.  What do you see in this case?  What do you think the world saw? 

Free passes, no free passes, Thailand passes, whatever.  This is a beating, motivated by hate, simple as that. 

50 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yes, and I put forward the possibility that it was a Thai hate farang crime.  Not a Thai hate Russian crime because of the war.  That said, a hate crime is still a hate crime. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The attacker stated that he was stressed out and just liked to attack people to relieve the stress .

Although I suggest that the real reason was either a robbery or a sex assault (gone right/wrong) and he's trying to get a more lenient jail sentence by saying it wasnt an attempted  robbery or sex assault 

It would be intersting to know if this guy has a history of assault and robbery against Thai women, and / or sexual assault against Thai women. 

Also, if there have been similar attacks in the past, in the same area, with the same MO as this guy. I doubt this is his first offense.  

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

She may have been jogging during daylight hours, assaulted then, and only recovered enough to be found hours later.

Then you should watch the recordings of her being tracked by the guy in his vehicle to dispel that false maybe. 

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

Care to make a comment about the thread, or just comment on members who post? 

Ok..  How's this.

As usual we can see a significant number of purely speculative posts by members who were neither at the scene nor are they in possession of facts relevant to the crime committed.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, drgoon said:

Ok..  How's this.

As usual we can see a significant number of purely speculative posts by members who were neither at the scene nor are they in possession of facts relevant to the crime committed.

There were only two people in the World who where there at the scene and one of those is in hospital and the other ones in jail 

• Like 2

To be blaming the woman for being out there at 21:30hr is absurd .. one should be safe anywhere at anytime... was she jogging with a sign ''I am russian''...probably not...

Simply an attack by a criminal .... and a reoccurring offender.

Catch him and throw away the key for next 10yrs,,,     

2 hours ago, drgoon said:

Ok..  How's this.

Great, but isn't that what an internet forum is about, discussion, opinion, conversation, debate, agreement, disagreement, humor etc.

I wasn't there at the time the crime was committed, nor am I the investigating Thai Police Officer.  

If you narrowed down the members that can post to only these, there would be no forum.  

My point being, throw your 2 baht worth in, rather than attack people who do, because at least they threw their's in.   

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Great, but isn't that what an internet forum is about, discussion, opinion, conversation, debate, agreement, disagreement, humor etc.

I wasn't there at the time the crime was committed, nor am I the investigating Thai Police Officer.  

If you narrowed down the members that can post to only these, there would be no forum.  

My point being, throw your 2 baht worth in, rather than attack people who do, because at least they threw their's in.   

You mean like the poster who suggested that it might have been a Ukrainian, very early in the thread?

50 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You mean like the poster who suggested that it might have been a Ukrainian, very early in the thread?

Was that not possible, before more information came to light? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Was that not possible, before more information came to light? 

It is equally possible that you or I could have done it.

In my case I have an alibi. 

I live far away from where it happened and I would have had to drive there at exactly the right time, do the dirty deed and return home before anybody noticed. Perhaps an 800 to a 1,000km trip.

I also am more than twice her age and have difficulty in walking let alone jogging.

When I see a post like the OP I will read it and pass on, and let other people make up their own scenario.

24 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It is equally possible that you or I could have done it.

In my case I have an alibi. 

I live far away from where it happened and I would have had to drive there at exactly the right time, do the dirty deed and return home before anybody noticed. Perhaps an 800 to a 1,000km trip.

I also am more than twice her age and have difficulty in walking let alone jogging.

When I see a post like the OP I will read it and pass on, and let other people make up their own scenario.

The question was, could a Ukrainian have committed the crime, because the victim was Russian.   It was not about whether you, or I, committed the crime, and who had an alibi. 

The member was criticized for suggesting the offender may have been Ukrainian, and it may have been a hate crime, due to the war.  This was before the media reported the offender was Thai.

In my opinion, the member's comment was worth considering, and entirely possibly. 

To be honest, I initially considered domestic violence, and her partner committed the crime.  Should I have been criticized as well, had I put this forward?  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

Its a possibility , there are some Ukrainians in Thailand that think ALL Russians should be held accountable and punished for Russia's actions in Ukraine 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I really think that the pointless direction of this thread means it should be closed, jeez, stupid or what.

You could always put yourself on "Ignore."  ???? 

On 5/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, bkk6060 said:

Sounds like some sort of meet up for some reason possibly gone bad?

Also, oddly never seen any Russians out that way.

Anyway, hope she is OK.

Are you incapable reading the alleged perpetrator was arrested fairly quickly?

No meet up for any reason except by an assailant and predator 

On 5/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, Leaver said:

A more likely reason, is the only way a Thai man could get a farang lady "for a date" is by force.

On 5/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Unlikely to have been a robbery as her phone wasn't taken and the reports say there was no evidence of a sexual assault.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bbko said:

A more likely reason, is the only way a Thai man could get a farang lady "for a date" is by force.

Not sure about that... if the Thai males had more generous attributes, they might compete for the rich old ones going to Africa and the Caribbean.

2 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

He's already admitted to multiple previous similar attacks.

I think that information was forthcoming after I posted.

His MO suggests predatory behavior.  I am not surprised he is a serial offender.