Female Russian tourist brutally assaulted while jogging at Mabprachan reservoir

snoop1130

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

still no mention if it's a foreigner or Thai or possible motive life robbery or Ukraine

Why not just jog around the township, or go to a gym...a bit risky in the present climate for the following reasons:-  her race, colour, gender, age, political tensions, locale etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uncommonomo said:

Why any female is not able jog alone in 2022 without the threat of being attacked is beyond me.

Why people are so quick to victim blame is beyond me; done without clear thought or intellect.

...because 'bbko' is just stating the obvious..not too difficult!

Edited by tandor
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

what's your bright idea? come on think a bit

Who would know she is Russian ? That means it is an acquaintance of some sort. Just as likely it is a drug deal gone bad.

Edited by IAMHERE
spelling
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Italians really need to be bought to justice for killing Jesus .

All Italians should be charged with murder and potentially face the death sentence 

I'd expect God can take care of the matter all by him/her/it self.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds like there is a stretch of unlit pathway too... not sure how much moonlight there was at that time. Taking a jog at nighttime is a surprising action for a young woman... and this attack also surprises me as it is in an area one thought away from the bad parts of town.

There is a sick individual out there that I hope they catch soon.... 

Is 38 young?

12 hours ago, bbko said:

Why any female wants to jog alone in a remote dimly lit area at 9:30 at night is beyond me.

Yes very sad it comes to this but it's just asking for trouble. There are loads of gyms around Pattaya.

This happened May 18 Wednesday night. So there was all day yesterday to just get a basic description of the attacker. If there is no follow up report today *??. Is this just going to fade away ? * Ok @snoop1130 - thats you

Edited by morrobay

1 minute ago, Henryford said:

Yes very sad it comes to this but it's just asking for trouble. There are loads of gyms around Pattaya.

Where one can get smashed in the face with a dumbell, by a dumb-bell. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, bbko said:

Why any female wants to jog alone in a remote dimly lit area at 9:30 at night is beyond me.

While I don't condone the attack, it's best not to advertise yourself as a possible victim.

It's not a safe world and common sense should prevail.

If it's a must to go jogging out at night take a friend.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you are aware that Russia has invaded Ukraine and soldiers have been raping Ukrainian women? so there is a possible motive, maybe a small chance and I didn't suggest a Ukrainian. What's your idea sherlock?

He's just talking with Watson and all will be revealed. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

I doubt every Russian likes or supports what their government does.

37 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Exercise.

43 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

exactly........not the brightest thing to do.

stick to the treadmill

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Fabulous 103, along with Bangkok media, were allowed to film the site and surroundings alongside Pattaya’s Maprachan lake, it became quickly obvious that, despite huge spending on decorative lighting for main roads adjacent to the track, and most of the exercise track used by runners and cyclists having perfectly adequate lighting, a section of some 2KM which runs through dense forest has no lighting of any kind, and the track itself appears to be devoid of any CCTV cameras.

Unbelievable Thai bashing suggesting that its the fault of local authorities. 

No sane person runs in a remote area at 9.30 in any country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

The tragedy is that a person irrespective of gender should be able to jog safely anywhere without fear of attack 

the world has always been a dangerous place and always will be. it's wishful thinking to expect that you can go anywhere you want without fear of being taken by a wild beast, whether that be human or animal.