Thailand scraps quarantine for air, land arrivals from June 1, ‘Thailand Pass’ only for non-Thais

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

GF? Money friend...She can not wait for you to be gone.

It is in her interest for me to live as long as possible, thanks for stopping by.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It is in her interest for me to live as long as possible, thanks for stopping by.

Agreed. My wife of 10 years hasn't quite gathered that.

Money is today in Thailand, not tomorrow.

Cheers

11 hours ago, sandyf said:

But quite prepared to rant, your words.

"Absolute madness. Happy to let unvaccinated people enter unfettered but still make people apply for a pointless document. Unbeli3vable Thailand deserves what it gets. 

If you want real tourist arrivals get rid of the Thailand pass!"

How is that a rant? Yes the collective you. As in if Thailand wants real tourist arrivals they should consider dropping the Thailand pass. 

I've come in and out every month since the the TP was introduced. I would have done far more asq and TP than most. Im not a tourist . I'm coming regardless. No rant necessary.  Lol.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, Lacessit said:

I am quite happy here, I live as I want to. I'd have to be a multi-millionaire in Australia to have a GF 23 years younger than me, as I do here.

You keep banging on about anger and frustration of farangs living here. I'd suggest you are cherry-picking the posters who suit your confirmation bias.

As for the Thailand Pass, obviously the elite could not care less about the unemployment in the tourist industry, arising from their decision to keep life difficult for the average tourist.

Agreed, for us with the wife/GF 23 years younger its very easy to relieve that frustration and anger......bring it on I say!!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, Harveyboy said:

all countries will take care of their own except outsiders you say 

i suggest you go look at the UK where its totally the opposite Where immigrants get everything and the people from that country get sweet sod all....

They are even getting free holidays in Rwanda, whether they want them or not...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RandiRona said:

I think it's in your selfish interest you want to keep them out so that you can get stuff for cheap...low self esteem I say?? 

You are free to think what you like.

I accept that I am not as improtant to Thailand as you want to think you are.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You are free to think what you like.

I accept that I am not as improtant to Thailand as you want to think you are.

It doesnt seem that way where you ignored all the facts provided by others regarding how international tourism is important for Thailand and how it's not falang but Thais who are asking their own government to abolish Thaipass.

I just provided you those facts and has nothing to do with what I regard as my worth to Thailand or the world.

• Thanks 2

On 5/21/2022 at 10:52 AM, KhunLA said:

Ex-pats using non Imm. 0 visas (marriage/retirement) don't need.  If uising 0-A visa, that may be a different story.

Many expats don't have 800k in the bank, or insurance, or an oops fund. 

Can't fix stupid ... IMHO

I've been on a retirement visa for years with 800k in the bank.  I don't need to worry about Covid insurance when returning to Thailand?

6 hours ago, starky said:

How is that a rant? Yes the collective you. As in if Thailand wants real tourist arrivals they should consider dropping the Thailand pass. 

I've come in and out every month since the the TP was introduced. I would have done far more asq and TP than most. Im not a tourist . I'm coming regardless. No rant necessary.  Lol.

I am not a tourist, lived here since 2008. Last year I went back to UK in Aug and cmae back in Oct. I had to do 4 PCR test, Passenger Locator Form and 6 days quarantine to get into the UK, it was easier to return to Thailand.

Each country has the right to deal with things as they see fit, without interferance.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, I have asked this question to several posters who shout "insurance scam" yet not one has replied. Not a single one.   Maybe you can be the first?

Explain the scam.  That is all I ask.  You can use any insurance company you like - Thai or foreign.  The requirement ($10k cover) is super minimal and has been continually reduced (form $100k to $50k to $20k to $10k).  You are NOT mandated to use a Thai company and I would suggest most foreign tourists buy travel insurance in their own country., so the majority of policies will be provided by foreign companies.   If you are employed in Thailand (as a foreigner) you are covered by social security and don't need further insurance at all.

None of that exactly says scam does it?  A scam would usually have a single beneficiary, no?

So come on, you can be the first.  I know you have collected all your "likes" already for shouting scam so it is job done for you, but it is really boring and I just want one single scam shouter to reply and explain it.  

My Thai policy is 5m baht but a 165k deductible.  Wonder if they would accept this?  Maybe they just look at the total insurance policy and not the deductible.

11 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I've been on a retirement visa for years with 800k in the bank.  I don't need to worry about Covid insurance when returning to Thailand?

still needed, no policy no Thailand pass

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandiRona said:

It doesnt seem that way where you ignored all the facts provided by others regarding how international tourism is important for Thailand and how it's not falang but Thais who are asking their own government to abolish Thaipass.

I just provided you those facts and has nothing to do with what I regard as my worth to Thailand or the world.

Thailand can get by without tourists, they have done it in the past and can do it again. International tourism is icing on the cake. How many tourists do you think came to Thailand in the wake of the tsunami?  

Where I live has developed substantially, about 3 times the size it was pre pandemic. Areas that cater for foreigners need to readjust their way of life, as in the past it will be a slow recovery.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/20/2022 at 5:10 PM, starky said:

Absolute madness. Happy to let unvaccinated people enter unfettered but still make people apply for a pointless document. Unbeli3vable Thailand deserves what it gets. 

If you want real tourist arrivals get rid of the Thailand pass!

Why should unvaccinated people be discriminated against?

The Thailand pass is not hard to get. In saying that, I'm happy I don't need to get one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I am not a tourist, lived here since 2008. Last year I went back to UK in Aug and cmae back in Oct. I had to do 4 PCR test, Passenger Locator Form and 6 days quarantine to get into the UK, it was easier to return to Thailand.

Point is: if you came to the UK now, you wouldn't have to do any of those things, unlike Thailand today. All those restrictions you cited were dropped in March. Last August was a very different world to present day Earth, so what the UK was doing back in the summer of 2021 has no relevance today.

Each country has the right to deal with things as they see fit, without interferance.

Not if Thailand signs up to the WHO's Pandemic Treaty, which will handover all its pandemic sovereignty to them in the near future. Then they will no longer have the right to deal with things as they see fit.

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Senior Player said:

Not if Thailand signs up to the WHO's Pandemic Treaty, which will handover all its pandemic sovereignty to them in the near future. Then they will no longer have the right to deal with things as they see fit.

I never said Thailand has the right to deal with anything.

24 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly, too many entitled Colonialists here. 

Personally, I love the cheap hotels, deserted beaches, quite golf courses with no foreigners coming. Also, the price of land and houses has come down, and I'm buying. We really can do without the beer Chang vest sexpats.

Waiting for the day when the good-minded authorities close entry corridors/avenues. 

Then pursue deporting [and ridding of] selected foreign undesirable residents. 

Return to paradise. ????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why should unvaccinated people be discriminated against?

I agree. Why should the so-called unvaccinated be discriminated against? It's Covid Puritanism in my book.

And, what exactly constitutes the unvaccinated? Having had your 2 main Covid shots but not your cyclical boosters that wane in just a few weeks or months (depending on which study you've read)?

It's interesting to note that Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has agreed to launch an investigation to find out why so many people have died from Covid-19 despite having had three vaccination shots. So clearly these three shots haven't worked for everybody. Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Waiting for the day when the good-minded authorities close entry corridors/avenues. 

Then pursue deporting [and ridding of] selected foreign undesirable residents. 

Return to paradise. ????

Hopefully, they'll put a stop to all the illegal ones that use agents to secure visas when they can't show enough money to satisfy immigration requirements. it's dreadful the number that break the law this way. Got to go after the agents and bent officers first, which is no easy task. 

On 5/20/2022 at 7:14 PM, TooMuchTime said:

Long live Thailand.

Thailand is for Thais  Why should they need a ThaiPass when they are citizens?  The uncouth farang should always be required to have ThaiPass as they are a huge liability.

The farang and their fragile ego need to be knocked down.

The “farang menace” will finally succumb to the mighty will of the glorious Thai people. These evil creatures are planning to SPEND MONEY HERE!!!!! 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Hopefully, they'll put a stop to all the illegal ones that use agents to secure visas when they can't show enough money to satisfy immigration requirements. it's dreadful the number that break the law this way. Got to go after the agents and bent officers first, which is no easy task. 

It was beneficial for me to pay 14 000 Baht to get a long term visa with no questions asked  , had I put 800 000 Baht into a Thai bank account , I would have lost 160 000 Baht in two years due to currency fluctuations  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, atpeace said:

I have enough money but do feel for those that don't.  Some are wonderful people but for a number of reasons don't have savings.  They love living here and don't cause problems ( I am aware that many do ).  The nicest man I have met in Thailand uses these visa services because he can't meet the financial requirements.  Not sure what the answer is but throwing them out like trash seems harsh.

I know nice guys too that use these services. I'm sure many of the illegal Mexicans in the US are nice people, or the illegal boat people from Somalia in the UK are nice people too. 

I know more guys that absolutely hate immigration with a vengeance as they are given a hard time due to the illegals. 

I feel it is because they would rather not keep the money in the bank, not they can't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was beneficial for me to pay 14 000 Baht to get a long term visa with no questions asked  , had I put 800 000 Baht into a Thai bank account , I would have lost 160 000 Baht in two years due to currency fluctuations  

You have just proved my point -  see above. 

If I want to retire in the US, as a Thai, I need to invest 16 million baht. Do you think it's OK if I pay an agent to pay an immigration officer 280,000 baht to bypass this?