Thailand scraps quarantine for air, land arrivals from June 1, ‘Thailand Pass’ only for non-Thais

snoop1130

12 hours ago, starky said:

Absolute madness. Happy to let unvaccinated people enter unfettered but still make people apply for a pointless document. Unbeli3vable Thailand deserves what it gets. 

If you want real tourist arrivals get rid of the Thailand pass!

So so, Rome was not built in 1 day either. The Thai Pass requirement will also be scrapped - sooner or later. It is important to enjoy all developments that go in the right direction even it takes mouse steps ... :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, darrenr said:

As part of the Thailand Pass- can you use your insurance from your own country or does it have to be from a Thai insurer?

and if your insurer says “unlimited medical,expenses including covid” is,accepted in the Thailand Pass application ?

Yes you can, the coverage probably is way better than the Thai insurers. I've entered twice with similar insurance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

I didn't realize that there were airlines that allowed unvaccinated people on planes.

I digress, continue... 

you are right .. the airline alliances have their own policy whatever and regardless of what the Thai government say.. hahahaha.. go fix the airlines if you want tourist .. not the government policies which everyone here is so fixated on..

11 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Long live Thailand.

Thailand is for Thais  Why should they need a ThaiPass when they are citizens?  The uncouth farang should always be required to have ThaiPass as they are a huge liability.

The farang and their fragile ego need to be knocked down.

Or the farang with their 'me me me I won't wear one' attitude are more trouble than they are worth. I am told the Thai Pass is easily and quickly obtained.... submit it and it is received back in a few hours. Not sure why Thailand feels it is still needed, does it confirm you have been vaccinated or something?

11 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Long live Thailand.

Thailand is for Thais  Why should they need a ThaiPass when they are citizens?  The uncouth farang should always be required to have ThaiPass as they are a huge liability.

I get knocked down, but I get back up again.

13 hours ago, starky said:

Absolute madness. Happy to let unvaccinated people enter unfettered but still make people apply for a pointless document. Unbeli3vable Thailand deserves what it gets. 

If you want real tourist arrivals get rid of the Thailand pass!

Stupid is as stupid does!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, garyk said:

Politicians don't run Thailand, brown envelopes do.

Curious about the brown envelopes. Won't white or red or any colour work just as long as they contain bundles of 1k notes? I vividly remember two or so decades ago I was told by one esteemed immigration officer to "put it on the last page of the passport"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Thailand is for Thais 

Actually it is, after all its their country, if you want to live here or visit here you should do so and get on with it, being fully aware of this. Nothing wrong with it, they are proud of it as well, and why not. 

I kind of respect the fact that Thailand isn't a multicultural country, it doesn't provide visa's for permanent residency or citizenship, apart from the limited ones that it does and then you have to meet the criteria, e.g. having paid taxes for x amount of years, speak the lingo etc, I respect that.

Why should they need a ThaiPass when they are citizens? 

Exactly, their hospital systems are for them as they are citizens, i.e. they don't need to be tax payers, just citizens, the same applies in our own countries of birth.

The uncouth farang should always be required to have ThaiPass as they are a huge liability.

Farangs are a liability when it comes to hospitalisations here, do we expect Thailand to pick up the bill, same applies back home, do we expect our own countries to pick up the bill for foreign visitors ? 

I read a few years back that it cost $80,000,000 annually back in Australia in hospital bills for foreigners, should the tax payers be picking up that tab, I don't thinks so, but they do. Insurance should be mandatory, and if those who can't get it, or don't want to get it, they should have enough in the bank to show that they can pay for their own hospital costs in the event of an emergency etc, self included. Naturally a grandfather clause should be put in because this would effect a lot of expats here who live on the pension without sufficient funds to pay for hospitalisations and will slowly in time join the rest move on to wherever we go.

Nothing to do with ego's, no one is knocking the farangs down except themselves, crying over spoilt milk, like I said, it is their country and they don't want farangs to be a burden on their health system, it's for their citizens, rightfully so.

Enough Thai bashing when there is no reason for the bashing, at least from where I am sitting.

Edited by 4MyEgo

58 minutes ago, nexus99 said:

Try to be Thai and get a visa to the USA. Neigh impossible. Nothing new here. The indignation people are displaying is really quite entertaining. "Oh my, I have to get a Thai Pass to visit Thailand... the humanity!!!!". 

Maybe the issue with getting a visa into USA isn't linked to health issues... 

maybe they don't need massage girls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good to see Thailand is joining the list of these other 50 countries is making it easy for everyone to get into the country. ( Note they never changed the URL from the original article when only 14 countries had minimal requirements to enter)

https://www.traveloffpath.com/14-countries-open-for-unvaccinated-travelers/

Here's a few of the countries

Mexico
Norway
United Kingdom
Croatia
U.A.E
Jamaica
Turkey
Egypt
South Africa
Ireland
Portugal
Israel
Iceland
Hungary
Saudi Arabia
Denmark

France

Sweden

Maldives

Argentina

Czech Republic

etc.

That is fine that returning citizens dont need a Thai Pass but if they are serious about restoring the tourism industry they need to make it easier. Maybe they are not really serious and are happy to have many unemployed people and business's going broke, I am sure the rich dont give a dam and the government workers get paid regardless so why bother?? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

.... They are allowed to live legally but under harsh condition like reporting every 90-day. Getting the extension renewed every year. Just like refugees in most countries. 

I'm certainly not a fan of the 90-day reporting, or of yearly visa extensions.  But... having said that... I will give credit where it's due: the 90-day reporting has become extremely simple (5 minutes?) since they put in the latest version of their online application.  Takes me a few minutes, and I get the 90-day report confirmation back by e-mail within 24 hours.  I do have at least one friend who wasn't able to use the application... rejected for unknown reasons, so I guess that it's not for everyone, but presumably many can use it easily like me.  And (OA, in Bangkok) the visa extensions have become a bit easier now that I can at least take an appointment online in advance.  

So sure, I agree that these measures are a pain in the butt, and I seriously question the government's logic and interest of subjecting us to it, but I can't honestly consider this "harsh conditions".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gearbox said:
3 hours ago, darrenr said:

As part of the Thailand Pass- can you use your insurance from your own country or does it have to be from a Thai insurer?

and if your insurer says “unlimited medical,expenses including covid” is,accepted in the Thailand Pass application ?

Yes you can, the coverage probably is way better than the Thai insurers. I've entered twice with similar insurance.

A UK friend is arriving next month having a standard annual travel insurance policy which includes Covid cover . Is there any additional clarification/covering letter  from the insurers needed for the Thai pass stating that or do they accept/need the extract from the document specifying those Covid cover terms. Is there a requirement, for instance to illustrate quarantine cover ?