Honda click 160 new model.

14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

We have both an Aerox and a Click 125. (his and hers) When I do ride the Click it always feels a little wobbly at first as I adjust to the different ride characteristics. It seems that I need to steer it more to keep a straight line.

It's probably just 'muscle memory' as I switch over from the more stable Aerox.

Same with me, i have an Aerox and the tgf a Click 150i. The steering on the Click seems over sensitive and i have to keep adjusting it. The new Click looks good, available in many shops now. What puts me off though is the black box section on each side at knee height. Looks OK on the black version but odd with any other colour.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

what about the New PCX160 Endless Sport Edition listed

Where do they pull these names from?   Who the hell  is going to go racing or regularly motocross jump on one of these?

Baloney- there's nothing endless about brake pads, oil, fuel, battery, rubber.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, woodsplinter said:

The frames on the 2 bikes are completely different (One being a step through)  which means the handling characteristics will be different as well.

If you compare the images of the two frames you'll see that they are both basically the classic underbone design. However The Aerox has an additional cross member which runs from above the engine to halfway up the down tube, like a mini crossbar.

It's probably that addition that gives the Aerox that extra stiffness that riders, including me, speak of.image.png.9a6c3d174e0c95d249aba600dc40c45d.png

image.png.e4620cfdfe70a842b54f4ee4518f1ced.png

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My understanding, is both Click 125 and Lead will be available. I like the Lead because it has room for 2 helmets under the seat and the fuel cap is at the front not under the seat, I'm just not sure of speed\acceleration differences

I want a model with the key on/off system, can't deal with Honda key less, many times parking nearby some motorbikes, cars and/or stores my key less does not work, I have to reset everything

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My understanding, is both Click 125 and Lead will be available. I like the Lead because it has room for 2 helmets under the seat and the fuel cap is at the front not under the seat, I'm just not sure of speed\acceleration differences

Currently that's definitely the case. But they might phase out the Click 125 and leave the Lead as its replacement, that's of course just speculation by me.

Its my understanding -There is a new Honda lead 125cc---Yes,

The Honda click was sold in 125cc and 150cc models. Now The new Honda 160cc model is out. Yes- So 3 models now.

The Honda 160 has the new 4 valve engine same as the Yamaha Aerox which has 4 valve as well. Yes

Surely Honda will not be selling  3 models off the  Honda click with the new 125  Lead model out as well. Yes Or NO.

What is getting dropped.

Thanks for the pics off the chassis --i dare say its like the engine brace on a hot car. It will make a difference on the handling.

If i had the choice --i would prefer a key instead of being Keyless.-- I have never seen a new Honda 160 in real life but will do soon.

With theses comments and once seen  in real life i will make my mind up about the purchase.

Sitting  about 80% now as a buyer For the new click as long as the lead in time is less than 3 months.

• Like 1

What are you going to use the bike for, and where do you live! Any dirt road riding? 

If only go local shopping and no touring, I would look for storage room possibilities and a functional top box solution. 

If living country side or go longer touring 50km + Im looking for wheel size and storage possibilities. A bigger gas tank is a + to. 

Abs on small light bikes? Well if you never ride bike on sand, gravel or ice before, I guess that will make you a bit safer. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, woodsplinter said:

Its my understanding -There is a new Honda lead 125cc---Yes,

The Honda click was sold in 125cc and 150cc models. Now The new Honda 160cc model is out. Yes- So 3 models now.

The Honda 160 has the new 4 valve engine same as the Yamaha Aerox which has 4 valve as well. Yes

Surely Honda will not be selling  3 models off the  Honda click with the new 125  Lead model out as well. Yes Or NO.

What is getting dropped.

Thanks for the pics off the chassis --i dare say its like the engine brace on a hot car. It will make a difference on the handling.

If i had the choice --i would prefer a key instead of being Keyless.-- I have never seen a new Honda 160 in real life but will do soon.

With theses comments and once seen  in real life i will make my mind up about the purchase.

Sitting  about 80% now as a buyer For the new click as long as the lead in time is less than 3 months.

Currently (2.5 years) I have a 150 Click and not happy with it, I am looking forward seeing the 160 Click with 4 valves to see the difference, even thought about the NEW 150 PCX Sport,  but pricey.  Was thinking about the Aerox but they don't buy back my click, Honda does, if decided on the Aerox would have to sell my Click by myself and not looking for the hassle, as you, Honda bothers me with they keyless system would prefer the old Click with the key and a re start pedal as well, got stuck in the middle of nowhere because forgot to turn off the bike, battery dead couldn't do anything besides walking 3 kms looking for a bike shop to replace the battery, when that happen with my 125 Click I just used the pedal to re start got on my way  and no need to worry about the battery

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree about the 125 click, manual key is preferred, plus kick start saves you. I had zero warning my battery was about to go flat until it died one day, kick start worked first time. I guess the way around that is to replace the battery early, I'm reluctant to switch to Lead 125 for Click 160 in case I don't like them as much

I saw the Lead in beige color, it does look nice but keyless made me make a U Turn and visited  Yamaha Aerox, they are expecting the new 160 Click, will wait

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I agree about the 125 click, manual key is preferred, plus kick start saves you. I had zero warning my battery was about to go flat until it died one day, kick start worked first time. I guess the way around that is to replace the battery early, I'm reluctant to switch to Lead 125 for Click 160 in case I don't like them as much

Battery life 2.5 - 5 years normally, and all depending on the kind of driving you do and type of battery. Sometimes hard to know when its time is up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Battery life 2.5 - 5 years normally, and all depending on the kind of driving you do and type of battery. Sometimes hard to know when its time is up. 

Maybe there's a battery charge display on these new models, I friend bought a 125 Yamaha recently and it had one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, papa al said:

Pay attention:

On an underbone,

the engine is under the bone/ main frame tube.

On auto scooters, the engine is on the swing arm.

Thanks for the lesson. ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woodsplinter said:

So -76,500 Baht Is this the price for What??

I thought the price for the Honda click was in the 63k to the 70k range.

That's what they told me. Maybe that is the farang price? It's been known to happen. Or it is 70K on credit but 76,5K for cash (farang)

Or there is a delivery charge for the far north? But yes media has said 69,900 for ABS. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Pay attention:

On an underbone,

the engine is under the bone/ main frame tube.

On auto scooters, the engine is on the swing arm.

Ok, so I've just read this website and I get what you mean now. Cheers.

https://dualwheeljourney.com/mechanics/chassis-frame-and-bodywork/underbone-vs-backbone-motorcycles-whats-the-difference/

• Like 1

If the new Honda Click 160 with ABS is 69.000 Baht on the road .

That is acceptable to me.

Good question 

Has this model got a kick start fitted or is it battery start only.

I did not know that as my older Yamaha has both.

And now we should all know what an underbone  main frame tube is and the engine is fitted to that.

Knowledge is everything and i am enlightened now..

Ask the question -Find out -Someone-  if they are good enough to reply - will know.

Thks.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Currently (2.5 years) I have a 150 Click and not happy with it, I am looking forward seeing the 160 Click with 4 valves to see the difference, even thought about the NEW 150 PCX Sport,  but pricey.  Was thinking about the Aerox but they don't buy back my click, Honda does, if decided on the Aerox would have to sell my Click by myself and not looking for the hassle, as you, Honda bothers me with they keyless system would prefer the old Click with the key and a re start pedal as well, got stuck in the middle of nowhere because forgot to turn off the bike, battery dead couldn't do anything besides walking 3 kms looking for a bike shop to replace the battery, when that happen with my 125 Click I just used the pedal to re start got on my way  and no need to worry about the battery

I have both the Click and the Aerox and i would say the Aerox is much better.  Do Honda do trade ins? for a decent price? You should be able to sell your Click easily privately. I doubt though the performance of a 157cc Click 160 would be much better than a 150cc Click 150i (6kg heavier).

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only reason Honda has a 160 is to outgun the Aerox 155, some people will buy it because it's a higher cc.  I'm 50\50 whether it's worth getting ABS, I've trained myself to not grab the front brake, left combi brake first followed by right front brake. If in doubt don't grab the brake, I reckon loads of accidents are caused by locking the front and the bike going down

• Like 1