Honda click 160 new model.

Don't count too much on ABS saving you on corners, on corner with sand I was going slowly but pulled the front brake a bit harder than I should and the front wheel started to slip sideways, I let go quickly and survived, ABS didn't help much there...

That's on a Forza with two cylinders front brake caliper (actually has 3, but one is for combi-brake using left brake leaver)..., and ABS on this thing Is top-notch...

ABS however, will save your axx for sure on a straight line, I tested it many times and it won't lock or slip at all if the wheel is straight, come rain or sand....!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, woodsplinter said:

Yes --There will be nothing in the performance Between the 150 and 160 Honda Clicks performance wise .

Maybe a small improvement in Torque and fuel economy.

What attracts me is the step through and the ABS and LED lights.

I live on the Dark side and drive around the back roads mainly.

After the rains there is a lot of sand washed across the roads on bends ete.

It scares the <deleted> out of me if i have to hit the brakes for some reason on a gravely surface and the front wheel locks.

Down you go.

If that is true that ABS is fitted in India on all bikes-- It is for a reason. A good reason.

I will follow suit.

If i can get hold off one -the next bike for me will be the New Honda Click 160 With ABS>

The price is right for me .I like the PCX 160 but an extra 30,000 Baht. Mmmmmm.!!!

The Click 160 suits all my Requirements for a back yard roundabout.

I will put a top box on it and use in  daylight hours only.

Thanks Moonlover for that info re--ABS >>

am with you on that PCX extra not worth it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Agusts said:

Don't count too much on ABS saving you on corners, on corner with sand I was going slowly but pulled the front brake a bit harder than I should and the front wheel started to slip sideways, I let go quickly and survived, ABS didn't help much there...

That's on a Forza with two cylinders front brake caliper (actually has 3, but one is for combi-brake using left brake leaver)..., and ABS on this thing Is top-notch...

ABS however, will save your axx for sure on a straight line, I tested it many times and it won't lock or slip at all if the wheel is straight, come rain or sand....!

I will agree with you on that one.

When i am driving along on the bike and i see the sand washed across the roads in the backwaters off Pattaya 

i am extra cautious and slow right down especially on the bends.

Does not matter what tyres you have on-- sand acts like ice on Thai roads.

If the road is busy with traffic the surface seems to clean itself with the backwash from the traffic and the sand blows away making it a bit safer. 

On Quiet roads-- no--Dodgy.

On the subject off ABS ---cars have had them for years-- now its the motorbikes that seems to be a must have. 

You never Know when ABS can save you especially on a wet and greasy road and some thing pulls out in front off you.

If you are not trained in how to use your brakes on a motorbike--your automatic reaction is to jam on the brakes in panic and that's a recipe for disaster.

The front goes -Thats it.

You only have 2 wheels not 4.

If the front wheel  goes from under you - you are off and you are going to face paint the road.

I have seen many a bargirl with scars on their legs and arms and no skin.. Ha Ha .

Painful lesson if you survived!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

The ABS mechanism always works, it stops your wheel from blocking completely. The problem with a corner is, that if you brake too strong (even without the wheel blocking), you will go down.

Just try pressing the front brake slightly in a corner, you feel that the bike wants to go down, you can of course just lean in the other direction and it's no problem, but if you press the brake too strong you would go down, and this can happen easily in a shock moment.

There is special cornering ABS though, but that's of course not found on small bikes yet.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Was thinking of changing my, now rarely used, 7 year old Honda Click for a Yamaha Grand Filano.  Quite like the style of them (not that keen on the colours though - orange and beige currently, beige!!) with the large under seat storage and the back rest / rack.  I've always had an aversion to small wheel diameters though.  The new 160 might be another option.  Definitely needs to be a step-through though, the few time I do use it it's mainly as a shopping trolley.

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

@SooKee why change if rarely used, just maintain what you have, 7 years is not so old for a Click... - bikes you mentioned are not going to be a huge step up ..., well, maybe just the ABS ...

Yeah , largely my thinking.  I'd be changing it for the sake of it really, not because I need to.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 4:51 PM, Agusts said:

ABS is a driver/rider aid. It is not a substitute for stupidity.????

• Like 2

I have used a 160 abs click now for 4000 kilometers and I can say the bike is very quick of the lights and has good brakes . I am not happy to take the bike over 75 kmph as rapid braking seems to make the handling difficult .

Storage under the seat is limited and there is no kickstart which is a minus when it is very easy to leave the ignition on . 

Very pleased with the purchase all the same .

Honda is recommending a oil change on the first 1000 km and every 5000 km after .

What do you motorcycle owners think of this recommendation?

Edited by itsari

2 hours ago, itsari said:

I have used a 160 abs click now for 4000 kilometers and I can say the bike is very quick of the lights and has good brakes . I am not happy to take the bike over 75 kmph as rapid braking seems to make the handling difficult .

Storage under the seat is limited and there is no kickstart which is a minus when it is very easy to leave the ignition on . 

Honda is recommending a oil change on the first 1000 km and every 5000 km after .

I do oil change every 3K and agree with you on the 75Kmph braking slightly slippery....storage??? had to change helmet size to be able to fit one inside but these are small throw back, very please with mine

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I do oil change every 3K and agree with you on the 75Kmph braking slightly slippery....storage??? had to change helmet size to be able to fit one inside but these are small throw back, very please with mine

Ok, thank you for your opinion 

3 hours ago, itsari said:

Just earlier i was doing 80-100kph in the wind and no problem with handling. I agree with you on underseat storage, my open face now gets scratched as i wedge it in. Keyless Ignition is so simple not sure how you leave it on? my key never leaves my man bag pocket.

As for oil change, yes do it at 1k, 6k then every 6k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just earlier i was doing 80-100kph in the wind and no problem with handling. I agree with you on underseat storage, my open face now gets scratched as i wedge it in. Keyless Ignition is so simple not sure how you leave it on? my key never leaves my man bag pocket.

As for oil change, yes do it at 1k, 6k then every 6k

I have left the ignition on twice . Both occasions at home so no drama . Now I check that the lock is on before leaving the bike 

I hit the brakes one time at speed and never liked the reaction. Great city bike for sure .

I recently bought a adv 160 abs brakes and that bike is far better at speed and the breaks are better too . But the cost is 30000 baht more but I think we'll worth it . A bit cumbersome in the city compared to the click

9 minutes ago, itsari said:

I have left the ignition on twice . Both occasions at home so no drama . Now I check that the lock is on before leaving the bike 

When you are out of range it will just switch off handlebar locked or not. Do you still press the key?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

When you are out of range it will just switch off handlebar locked or not. Do you still press the key?

Not sure how the buttons work to be honest. 

I see the button closest to the keyring has a green and red light when you press it 

39 minutes ago, itsari said:

Not sure how the buttons work to be honest. 

I see the button closest to the keyring has a green and red light when you press it 

That's your problem, once it's set up no need to press any button ever. It's in the instructions, have a look

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

That's your problem, once it's set up no need to press any button ever. It's in the instructions, have a look

I went to the shop where it was bought and that never helped much. I will try again with the manual 

Thank you

Just curious if anybody had any problem dealing with a plastic gear going bad after about 2kms in the oil pump  I came across this Thai YT motorbike shop video attached below. Go to the 2:20 mark and he starts in on this issue. Its best to mute the sound and read the subtitles as it's in Thai and to avoid hearing the cartoon sound side effects. 

Edited by jwdub12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jwdub12 said:

Just curious if anybody had any problem dealing with a plastic gear going bad after about 2kms in the oil pump  I came across this Thai YT motorbike shop video attached below. Go to the 2:20 mark and he starts in on this issue. Its best to mute the sound and read the subtitles as it's in Thai and to avoid hearing the cartoon sound side effects. 

Not aware of the issue until now. He recommends taking the bike to Honda now to get replaced under warranty. Have you gone?

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not aware of the issue until now. He recommends taking the bike to Honda now to get replaced under warranty. Have you gone?

No, I'm still doing my due diligence on purchasing a Click 160, when I saw this on YouTube and I was curious as to anyone having any feedback on any of this.

He also has a another video that goes through a list of other smaller issues with the bike (11 minute mark) along with discussing the issue of having the battery located in the floorboard (21 minute mark).

15 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

No, I'm still doing my due diligence on purchasing a Click 160, when I saw this on YouTube and I was curious as to anyone having any feedback on any of this.

He also has a another video that goes through a list of other smaller issues with the bike (11 minute mark) along with discussing the issue of having the battery located in the floorboard (21 minute mark).

I guess they may come to nothing, my 125i Click was flawless for 5 years when i sold it, I'll be surprised if 160 is any different but we'll see

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

sorry to disagree but it will not switch off.... 2 days ago keys fell of my pocket, drove for about 1 km when I saw the key yellow light blinking, touched my pocket and realized the key not with me, drove the same way back and luckily found the key at the exit of my parking but the bike kept going, thus all and all around 2 km and didn't switch off

47 minutes ago, jwdub12 said:

riding for 6K already and nothing to complain

54 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

sorry to disagree but it will not switch off.... 2 days ago keys fell of my pocket, drove for about 1 km when I saw the key yellow light blinking, touched my pocket and realized the key not with me, drove the same way back and luckily found the key at the exit of my parking but the bike kept going, thus all and all around 2 km and didn't switch off

Yes the manual says it will keep going once started, that's different to walking away and being out of range, are you another one not using it properly and pressing the button each time?

10 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

ABS is a driver/rider aid. It is not a substitute for stupidity.????

Now this a stupid comment about my useful comment...., from 8 months ago ...!

What I said from personal experience will hopefully help someone on the road after reading it, what does your stupid comment do ...!!?!? I guess you're so full of it you have to make these useless comments about other people posts on forums ...! ????

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My 160 is getting 45kmpl (actual), my 125 did about 60kmph (guestimate)

That's great...Honda agent in Chiang Mai (Sahaphanich, MaeRim) showed me the technical data on both..best take it up with them.

Edited by tandor

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes the manual says it will keep going once started, that's different to walking away and being out of range, are you another one not using it properly and pressing the button each time?

did u confused me with somebody else  555