37-year-old suspect who allegedly assaulted Russian tourist in Pattaya released by police due to lack of victim’s testimony

webfact

37 minutes ago, Excel said:

But the victim was a foreigner and the accused a Thai. Nuf said

The victim never accused anyone as she has a loss of memory from the attack. The police tracked and identified him and then he admitted it, along with multiple other attacks in the past.  Something else is going on in the background it appears.  It wouldn't be surprising if he knows someone

,  is related to someone or there's some connection somehow 

• Like 2

CCTV and the police did their job finding the guy. He openly admitted the crime, it was just to release his stress, he said..

Now he is released. Must be an upstanding Thai citizen.

Just another day in Thailand.

Nothing to see here. Next.

• Like 2

In another thread I pointed out how corruption was our greatest problem here and when it us us against a Thai we always lose and we can be victimized any day by anyone without reprecussion The bar stool warriors said I was crazy.  Didn't take long to prove my point.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I read that the area of the assault was dark, no lighting. 

How is she able to provide positive testimony. 

I'd be searching the attackers house, go through his laundry looking for blood samples. 

Bloody lazy cops. 

HE already admitted it.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't get it. I thought he freely admitted it ? Justice my bottom, what about the next female he wants to vent his frustrations out on ? 

She'll either be dead or be too traumatized.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

You honor, I rest my case. The Thai judicial system, and the RTP are completely and irrevocably broken. It is a system which simply does not work. He should be held in custody until she can and will testify. It does not matter how long, as he already admitted to being a pathological maniac and a hazard to society. You keep him locked up! Where is the justice for the victim? 

As sad as the whole thing is, it is a testament to the Thai people, what there is not more crime here, considering how poor the policing is.

can't fix stupid eh 

Welcome to Thailand especially Pattaya a world class Family resort 

Some Tourists must be wondering what's going on 

What about the Scottish guy getting battered usuing a dumbell in a gym by a other Brit who is also walking free after admitting the offence 

Clearly sent out the wrong message for Tourists 

4 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

can't fix stupid eh 

It can be fixed, but there has to be motivation for change and reform. And if it were only stupid, it would not be so bad. But, it is the daily malfeasance, corruption, dishonesty, lack of truth, transparency, improvement, progress, forward movement, and quality policing that is the real issue here. To call the RTP Mickey Mouse, would be a huge insult to everything Disney. 

When my wife and I got attacked at night riding home on a M/C on a quiet country road, no way we would have recognized the attackers 5+, we managed to escape injury by gunning the bike, it was known where they lived the cops took in 7 from that place, a cop turned up at my house, "would you recognise them again" ''no'' he showed me two photos '' Now do you recognize them ?'' ''Yes'' i replied. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

As someone said elsewhere, do they release murder suspects based on the fact the victim cannot supply testimony? This is Keystone Cops behaviour.....

Your insulting the Keystone Cops!

• Haha 2

attacker have used his work car (not private one), as he is working at the government office.

So he well might have protection from his boss or institution.

As I understand the victim is still hospitalised. Possible suffered concussion from blow to her head with a wooden button - that might be permanent or temporary.

When discharged from hospital and remembering events, she can still testify.

She was attacked from the back and in complete darkness - I have seen on thai tv reconstruction of crime, probably based on reenactment.

Police should not close this case, but pursue the other mentioned attacks, search their records for closed cases.

Also interview females in his workplace, neighbourhood and appeal for public to come forward with other leads.

Police believed, that it was sexually motivated attack. 

This guy is sexual deviant and will hurt, possible rape and kill, his future victims.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure a previous report said he worked in a government office or had some kind of government job. Can't find it now, but if so I suspect he has some kind of connection that allowed him to buy his way out of this.

Pretty sickening either way, given that he confessed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Police traced him using CCRV and finding his Mazda pick-up.

After questioning he admitted the assault and others?

So they let him go...

Amazing work by the BiB, look-out next victim !!!!

No one can like this situation, obviously, but if the police have no actual evidence against him for the attack and the victim cannot testify against him in court, how far do you think a case could go if he pleads not guilty?   It wouldn't even get past the prosecutor's office.

• Like 2

I hereby retract my original comment and praise of the RTP when they originally apprehended the suspect. Was it not reported here that he said he attacked her because he was frustrated??? The victim obviously cannot remember after being bashed unconscious! This story has so many holes it could be Swiss cheese!

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

No one can like this situation, obviously, but if the police have no actual evidence against him for the attack and the victim cannot testify against him in court, how far do you think a case could go if he pleads not guilty?   It wouldn't even get past the prosecutor's office.

I disagree. He told police he did it. Any judge with their salt would not accept a not guilty plea with that evidence from the police themselves. Had he protested his innocence from the very beginning I would have agreed with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Who can really know what has gone on in the background but I will say this, the reason given for releasing him is not credible.

It's to do with evidence and the chances of getting a conviction if he pleaded not guilty. With apparently no evidence against him for the attack and no testimony from the woman, no prosecutor would indict him.

• Like 1

You'd think when the guy confessed the cops would keep questioning him and try to extract exact details about this case and the others he mentioned. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bbko said:

You'd think when the guy confessed the cops would keep questioning him and try to extract exact details about this case and the others he mentioned. 

yes, if he claims psychological problems, that includes self-harm (he claimed he slashed his arms), he should be kept locked in hospital for up to 2 weeks observation.

That would allow police to conduct investigation into other cases.

Now he is able to destroy any evidence at his home and at his workplace (buy off any females who he possibly offended there).

police knows, he is a sexual predator, but don't want to pursue 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The RTP must have run out of plastic bags to go over the suspects head in order to obtain a confession

there are financial gratifications coming only, if he is alive. They can blackmail him every few months.

If he is dead, he is useless for them.

He confessed without any duress. He came to police station after arrest warrant was issued.

I think there was reenactment with him, that's why on tv there was animated simulation of attack

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1