Business Class Travel to UK

jayboy

Like many here who have remained in Thailand for 2 years or more,  my thoughts have turned to home trip for 10 days or so to the UK, probably in October.

I thought I might treat myself to a business class ticket since my usual BA Premium Economy isn't available.Any recommendations? My provisional list in order of precedence -

Qatar

Eva Air

Emirates

Lufthansa

KLM/AF

Thai

Budget not more than Bt 130,000.Don't mind breaking journey.

Flight offers come and go.  Best to check on one of the cheap flight web-sites.  I used Expedia, but others exist.  some days are cheaper than others.

I have travelled j class to UK regularly for some years.

Some airlines do not allow seat selection, or charge for this (BA).  Other have perks. like free taxi service at each end (Emirates?)

use SeatGuru to see what seat you will get and which are best to pre-book.  flat-bed are always better IMO

Some transit airports are o large you can walk miles on transit, particularly ME airports.  

Direct flights are limited, so check before booking

My experience has been that QR are the best, but Doha is not transit friendly, and that BA have the most cramped and uncomfortable seating, and charge £50 to select your seat.

Otherwise "you pays your money and takes your choice."

I have noticed that prices have gone up and choice more limited in recent weeks, as I am looking at flights for next month

• Like 1

i'd go for EVA, good business class product, nonstop flight bkk-lhr, and good dep/arr times on both legs of the journey.  i've done their bkk-ams route a few times in business.  it was good.

40 minutes ago, buick said:

i'd go for EVA, good business class product, nonstop flight bkk-lhr, and good dep/arr times on both legs of the journey.  i've done their bkk-ams route a few times in business.  it was good.

I thought Eva was no longer doing the BKK-LHR route?

BA also stopped ....  but no loss as their business class layout was horrible.  Eva much better.

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just what you need after spending six hour sitting down , sitting down for a bit longer on a bus  

It's a welcome alternative to a very long walk followerd by a very long line at immigration/transfer.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, habuspasha said:

It's a welcome alternative to a very long walk followerd by a very long line at immigration/transfer.

I quite enjoyed the walk, looking at all the shops and then looking at the information board and then walking to the next departure gate .

I quite like looking around airports , so much so that I stayed for an extra three hours in Doha

17 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I quite enjoyed the walk, looking at all the shops and then looking at the information board and then walking to the next departure gate .

I quite like looking around airports , so much so that I stayed for an extra three hours in Doha

Did you miss the flight?

• Haha 1

I exclusively fly business class for long haul flights. My preference is Qatar's QSuites. Currently they have a flexible change policy that allows for changes or a full refund at no cost - so that's an added benefit. 

• Like 2

Going business class with Emirates on Monday ..back to LGW 

Not sure what prices are right now as the return ticket is from June 2020. 

Will check when returning in late July.

Tried business class with BA ..dire !!!

Flew business class with Ukrainian airline ..for the price very good !!!

I would choose 

Qatar

Etihad

then Emirates

this is based on quality NOT cost or destination or schedule.

I have never flown Finn Air but several friend rave about the service so maybe worth a look 

• Like 1

I really like the Qatar Q suites but you have to check flights carefully as it tends to come and go on some of the Bangkok legs.

(as an aside just flew in from London on the new Thai (well newly leased old plane) 777 that now has first class. There are two rows of business just behind first that makes that bit of business a bit more secluded. I thought I may treat myself to an updgrade to first on the way back. The web single fare in first is about Bht117,000. To upgrade from my business class ticket they quoted me Bht133,000!!!. This is obviously quite bizarre. Sent emails about this to three different Thai email addresses  - waiting to see if they will respond).

5 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Have flown Eva many times and always liked the fact it was direct, good departure/arrival times and their business class is very good. Also one of the cheaper ones (though not sure about prices now).

Eva as above - direct, cheaper and far superior to Thai. A quick search shows Thai attempting to extort 40% more for a business class return in July vs Eva. ????

Etihad would be an option if you don't mind the 1 stop, as they're cheaper than Emirates or Eva.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, habuspasha said:

I like QR a lot.  Doha terminal is huge, bur Business Class usually offers bus ride from plane to arrival area.

Doha is weird, no security going when transferring to UK but coming back they have, also once in the departure lounge no toilets and going out and in again is not straightforward. Week ago all stuck on the boarding ramp at Doha for over 30 mins, expect waiting for plane to be cleaned. Food in biz class worse than economy. Then they cancelled my paid for seat reservations with no refund, Eva for me next time.

Try checking out the less known Arabic airlines.

I just flew Gulf air to Frankfurt last month and paid about 70k for 2 one way tickets Bkk-Fra.

Was one of the best Biz class experiences i had. Gulf air and Oman air both have the same seats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Try checking out the less known Arabic airlines.

I just flew Gulf air to Frankfurt last month and paid about 70k for 2 one way tickets Bkk-Fra.

Was one of the best Biz class experiences i had. Gulf air and Oman air both have the same seats.

Do Gulf go to UK though?

I don't know.  Just saying try to check those. Saudia, gulf, oman.  I saw some very affordable business class tickets when i was looking for it last month. I am sure some do fly to the UK.

EDIT: quick google check. seems they all fly to the UK

Edited by Jackie66

For me pick a flight which is non stop or has a stop over in Europe, I had an Business Class Emirates flight and you don’t really get the benefits of Business Class if you have to change flights halfway through the journey. Try and get a late night flight and you can get the benefit of a bed, no point having a lie down bed on a daytime flight.

12 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You would have enjoyed the bus terminal transfers at Doha Airport over the years. 

It took ages to get around.