Business Class Travel to UK

jayboy

2 hours ago, potless said:

amounts of whatever. i stopped using their airlines after reading that a Swiss man got a four year sentence for having three poppy seeds on his clothing from a bread roll that he bought at Heathrow.

That seems to be just a rumour and wasn't actually an event that took place 

1 hour ago, Adelphi said:

The simplest/fastest/most expensive way to get from Heathrow into the "London transport" system is to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington.   Not perfect but in my opinion the best option. £25 standard ticket and £32 first class.  The simplest way to by your ticket IMO is to download the app and buy it before you leave Thailand.  Safe journey.

I found that the cheapest way to get home from Heathrow airport was £ 1.50 for me  and took about an hour

7 minutes ago, potless said:

I read that on the BBC website.

All the media articles quote "Fair trials abroad" who "heard" a Swiss guy got jailed for have four poppy seeds , there's nothing actual factual, like names or places or dates, just something someone supposedly heard 

2 hours ago, JoePai said:
4 hours ago, potless said:

The line hasnt been fully integrated yet. Maybe in the autumn. To travel from west to east, you would have to change at Paddington and Liverpool Street.

Umm ?

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/elizabeth-line-opens-london/

The article I quoted was from Yahoo news and maybe should have said OR instead of and. T.F.L. website says passengers travelling between Shenfield and the central section have to change at Liverpool Street. Passengers travelling between Reading or Heathrow and the central section will need to change at Paddington. 

1 minute ago, LoeiI said:

TBH I would rather crawl through broken glass and Dogsh!t than fly from Heathrow

Heathrow is old and dated , especially noticeable when flying in from new airports around the World , like Swampy and Doha .

Heathrow needs to be knocked down and rebuilt from scratch 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Heathrow is old and dated , especially noticeable when flying in from new airports around the World , like Swampy and Doha .

Heathrow needs to be knocked down and rebuilt from scratch 

Best airport in the world......... Humberside size of a portaloo never a queue 2 in the bar same person checks you in serves you a pint and probably flies the plane sabi sabi

16 hours ago, potless said:
17 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Last time I flew through Doha (Nov last year) I swabbed positive for plastic explosive. That was entertaining (not).

So many people are unaware of the Draconian laws that exist in the middle east. They use highly sensitive equipment that can pick up tiny amounts of whatever.

The ionization / mass spectrometry swab machines are pretty sensitive wherever they are used. But you're right that having a problem in the Middle East is to be avoided. Nothing like being the last person in the departure lounge at 2 am, surrounded by police and other folk, with an airline rep with a walkie-talkie waiting for the order to offload your baggage as it's gone 15 minutes past scheduled departure and you've been held back for 45 minutes already. My shoes and hand carry were swabbed at least 5 times and analyzed on two separate machines ... all coming back positive for RDX. The police then said to do one final swab and we all stared at the machine: "peep" ... "negative" ... "okay, you can go".  Fully expected to be met at LHR and invited to discuss further why I'd pinged for RDX, but nothing. I went back through Doha a few weeks later and didn't get any special attention either. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

The ionization / mass spectrometry swab machines are pretty sensitive wherever they are used. But you're right that having a problem in the Middle East is to be avoided. Nothing like being the last person in the departure lounge at 2 am, surrounded by police and other folk, with an airline rep with a walkie-talkie waiting for the order to offload your baggage as it's gone 15 minutes past scheduled departure and you've been held back for 45 minutes already. My shoes and hand carry were swabbed at least 5 times and analyzed on two separate machines ... all coming back positive for RDX. The police then said to do one final swab and we all stared at the machine: "peep" ... "negative" ... "okay, you can go".  Fully expected to be met at LHR and invited to discuss further why I'd pinged for RDX, but nothing. I went back through Doha a few weeks later and didn't get any special attention either. 

Thanks for taking the time to explain. Looks like a narrow escape. Good luck.