Business Class Travel to UK

jayboy

10 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

I exclusively fly business class for long haul flights. My preference is Qatar's QSuites. Currently they have a flexible change policy that allows for changes or a full refund at no cost - so that's an added benefit. 

But it's not direct? I am looking for  direct flights only

I flew return to LHR in business with Singapore Airlines for 68K  last December and they weren't as good as the good ol days. I was a PPS member in the past but wouldn't preferentially use them anymore. Seats are  good on the flight but food and wine choices were limited,  lounge access in Singapore was still off limits and the lounge in LHR is a busy little code share lounge.

Emirates is good if you are on a newish plane with the latest seating type. I have flown them many times in Business and first. I flew with them a lot into Africa and they are great for honouring and giving upgrades. I like their catering and wine selections.

Etihad I have had mixed luck but found that the flights into Bangkok were often older planes with tired and flogged out seating, including in business. Though I did get upgraded to first class from the mid east to Australia twice on Etihad which was a treat.

Qatar are always a treat and I like their lounge in Heathrow, not a big lounge but sophisticated I thought. A pricey product but in my opinion they are one of the best airlines for Business class.

I flew business class on Oman Air's new A350 a couple of years ago from BKK to LHR and their seating in business was superb as long as you get a window seat. Their shared lounge in LHR was lousy though. First and only time I have flown this great airline. I did promise myself to use them again if the price was right.

I last flew Thai business in late 2020 from LHR to BKK and their business class product is very poor. I used to be a gold card member and stoped flying with them because the product wasn't worth the price. I use them as a desperate direct flight choice only these days.

Usually fly return with Etihad BC (always found it pretty good I tried BA once it was <deleted>) but only need a one way back to Thailand this time and it was costing more than the return so I'm trying Thai air Man - Stockholm - BKK has anybody tried it ??

Qatar Airways business class Q-Suites are great.........sit down close the sliding door, gives you a better sense of 'covid free' surroundings and probably does help for that matter........

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

Qatar Airways business class Q-Suites are great.........sit down close the sliding door, gives you a better sense of 'covid free' surroundings and probably does help for that matter........

But the food is terrible!

On 5/24/2022 at 6:02 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Great thread let's keep  this going. I'm looking for direct  flight..any comfy class ..I expect to pay more...but currently  got no good input..

EVA if you go to London.

Singapore Airlines. Singapore is an easy transit.

Thai Airways. Would be careful as they still owe refunds.

6 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Support this. However, QR often changes hardware last min. & Suites is cancelled.

8 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I flew return to LHR in business with Singapore Airlines for 68K  last December and they weren't as good as the good ol days. I was a PPS member in the past but wouldn't preferentially use them anymore. Seats are  good on the flight but food and wine choices were limited,  lounge access in Singapore was still off limits and the lounge in LHR is a busy little code share lounge.

Emirates is good if you are on a newish plane with the latest seating type. I have flown them many times in Business and first. I flew with them a lot into Africa and they are great for honouring and giving upgrades. I like their catering and wine selections.

Etihad I have had mixed luck but found that the flights into Bangkok were often older planes with tired and flogged out seating, including in business. Though I did get upgraded to first class from the mid east to Australia twice on Etihad which was a treat.

Qatar are always a treat and I like their lounge in Heathrow, not a big lounge but sophisticated I thought. A pricey product but in my opinion they are one of the best airlines for Business class.

I flew business class on Oman Air's new A350 a couple of years ago from BKK to LHR and their seating in business was superb as long as you get a window seat. Their shared lounge in LHR was lousy though. First and only time I have flown this great airline. I did promise myself to use them again if the price was right.

I last flew Thai business in late 2020 from LHR to BKK and their business class product is very poor. I used to be a gold card member and stoped flying with them because the product wasn't worth the price. I use them as a desperate direct flight choice only these days.

Recently found Doha to be a hellhole to transit. Long ways, crowds without masks running in every direction. Flown with them many times, like Suites when available. Will try Omanair again.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 11:27 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Mid July but I'm not tied

Eva showing flights starting in July ranging from 14,830-22,000 baht in economy and in excess of 80,000 baht for business class ONE way. Personally, I would want to be sure that these flights will actually take off. Last year they were showing flights available and then cancelling them all. I return to The U.K. in July with Thai Airways and what I like about that flight is the 00.55 take off, landing at 07.15 thus allowing some sleep.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, buick said:

i'd go for EVA, good business class product, nonstop flight bkk-lhr, and good dep/arr times on both legs of the journey.  i've done their bkk-ams route a few times in business.  it was good.

I don't think they are flying BKK to LHR at the moment, but things might change by October when OP wants to go. Direct flights. I always used them prior to Covid.

Also worth noting that EVA does do Premier Deluxe. Similar to Premium Economy which OP normally uses on BA.

1 hour ago, potless said:

Eva showing flights starting in July ranging from 14,830-22,000 baht in economy and in excess of 80,000 baht for business class ONE way. Personally, I would want to be sure that these flights will actually take off. Last year they were showing flights available and then cancelling them all. I return to The U.K. in July with Thai Airways and what I like about that flight is the 00.55 take off, landing at 07.15 thus allowing some sleep.

Some people love night flights some people abhor them. Landing in London rush hour is not to everyone's  taste. Does the new Elizabeth  line reach Heathrow  yet?

That will make a difference

On 5/24/2022 at 9:14 PM, habuspasha said:

It's a welcome alternative to a very long walk followerd by a very long line at immigration/transfer.

The only potential lines at Doha when transferring are at the security checkpoint. However, when flying business class and moving through the priority queue, there's never a line. Last time, flying from Bangkok to Amsterdam, we did not have to pass through security at all. Zero waiting, straight into the lounge for a shower and breakfast.

Either Qatar or Eva (if they're flying again, which I don't think they are yet?). Second choice would be Emirates, but make damn sure you're not buying their <deleted>ty 2-2-2 business class config. 

European carries are garbage compared to their Asian and ME counterparts. 

If flying Qatar, try and get a QSuite config, or their newer 1-2-1 config. Transit in Doha is fantastic; no waiting/lines and some of the best lounges available.

Direct BKK-UK is currently limited to TG. I'm going end June. Wanted to fly EVA but no flights showing. Flying economy and it's still costing 50K+. Tried to get a miles upgrade but that's still as difficult with TG as it ever was.

Qatar business is very good. I think food is good too (for an airline). I just came back from London TG business and the food going out/coming back was simply dire. No menus handed out. Basically just asked by stewardess 'beef or chicken', no seafood or veg option (for the missus). Wine is still okay though.

Last year Qatar had some great business deals: less than 100K round trip. Now it's back to 130-150K depending on flights etc. I agree with posters who say breaking a journey after 6 hours means you don't get a decent lie down etc. Last time I flew through Doha (Nov last year) I swabbed positive for plastic explosive. That was entertaining (not).

Lufthansa / Austrian / Swiss etc are all up around 150K for business. AND some connecting flights from Europe to London don't have business. Luthansa Premium Eco for end June/mid July BKK-LHR-BKK was 105K THB!!

Finnair I've done in the past and was underwhelmed on the biz side. Plus Helsinki-London is a near 3-hour flight (and again only Eco when I did it). Same with Turkish: Istanbul-London used to be a long flight on a small plane.

Singapore biz used to be good. Routing out is okay because it's night flight from Singapore. Coming back you of course are flying past Bangkok and then having to fly back. Seems a waste of time, especially when you just want to get back home.

I usually fly Star Alliance hence the focus here on Star Alliance partners.

EVA for BKK-UK is definitely the best in my view: great business class, premium eco pretty good, direct flights, and evening UK departure.

At least TG is back to two flights a day from LHR. I hate the lunchtime departure getting to BKK at 0600. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, jayboy said:

Any recommendations? My provisional list in order of precedence -

Qatar

Eva Air

Emirates

Lufthansa

KLM/AF

Thai

If you enjoy good food you should add Austrian to your list.

Chef on board and the best food (and coffee) in the sky.

50 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Some people love night flights some people abhor them. Landing in London rush hour is not to everyone's  taste. Does the new Elizabeth  line reach Heathrow  yet?

That will make a difference

The line hasnt been fully integrated yet. Maybe in the autumn. To travel from west to east, you would have to change at Paddington and Liverpool Street.

25 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Last time I flew through Doha (Nov last year) I swabbed positive for plastic explosive. That was entertaining (not).

So many people are unaware of the Draconian laws that exist in the middle east. They use highly sensitive equipment that can pick up tiny amounts of whatever. i stopped using their airlines after reading that a Swiss man got a four year sentence for having three poppy seeds on his clothing from a bread roll that he bought at Heathrow. Anyone carrying prescription drugs or pretty much any chemical without a doctors letter can be in big trouble. Many years back, an organisation called Fair Trials International stated  "What many travellers may not realise is that they can be deemed to be in possession of such banned substances if they can be detected in their urine or bloodstream, or even in tiny trace amounts on their person."

The simplest/fastest/most expensive way to get from Heathrow into the "London transport" system is to take the Heathrow Express to Paddington.   Not perfect but in my opinion the best option. £25 standard ticket and £32 first class.  The simplest way to by your ticket IMO is to download the app and buy it before you leave Thailand.  Safe journey.

Edited by Adelphi

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I don't think they are flying BKK to LHR at the moment, but things might change by October when OP wants to go. Direct flights. I always used them prior to Covid.

Also worth noting that EVA does do Premier Deluxe. Similar to Premium Economy which OP normally uses on BA.

Thanks