Anti-Monkeypox measures introduced at Thai airports

webfact

15 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

The only true way to screen is:  A full body strip search.  A body scanner cannot detect blisters covered by clothing.  

Lucky timing, the nightlife is just about open legally.

Now only need to officially enlist the freelancers to perform searches too along the strips.

10 hours ago, tingtong said:

Lucky timing, the nightlife is just about open legally.

Now only need to officially enlist the freelancers to perform searches too along the strips.

I would not have a problem if a BKK Freelancer had to check me for symptoms of Monkey Pox. 

On 5/25/2022 at 6:06 PM, Senior Player said:

Can I stop you right there? The WHO have a vested interest in keeping the general populace in a constant state of alarm due to them wanting every country in the world to sign-up to their Global Pandemic Treaty... And don't let the WaPo or any other mealy mouthed publication tell you otherwise.

And don't you let any mealy-mouthed right wing conspiracy theorist tell you that anything you are saying there is the true state of affairs.

Here's what the independent fact-checking website factcheck.org says about this claim.

The World Health Organization can make recommendations after the declaration of a global emergency, but it has no control over any nation’s decisions. Yet conservatives in the U.S. falsely claim that amendments proposed by the Biden administration to existing global health regulations, and a new WHO pandemic treaty, will threaten U.S. sovereignty.

As usual, one of the right-wing pundits most vociferously promoting this conspiracy theory is Tucker Carlson.

The following article on Yahoo! Finance explains:

Why Tucker Carlson is wrong about the World Health Organization and its pandemic treaty

As it points out:

According to Wenham, Carlson has probably confused the pandemic treaty process with changes that are being made to the International Health Regulations (IHR), a legally binding global agreement that has been around since 1969 and been repeatedly revised, mostly recently in 2005.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2022 at 9:53 AM, hotchilli said:

Drop your pants and bend over please.

The doctor said exactly that,     drop  your pants,       i said where shall i put them,    he said,   next to mine lol

• Haha 1