Indians ranked as number one in terms of arriving Pattaya international tourists, says Chonburi Tourism and Sports Authority

webfact

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Funny how you call me a troll, then set about trolling me.  ???? 

My point is, the was no big bounce back, as many predicted. 

The term "pent up demand" was thrown about a lot, but the demand may not be as great as many had thought.

I agree, but there really is no excuse for their rulings in the past recent months, which has hurt a lot of businesses.

Wrong.  Many did. A lot of renovations took place in readiness. 

Isn't this what TAT was doing, pre covid?  Example:  1 million Chinese fly in next week, how many of them do you see in bars in Central Pattaya?  

Indians are returning, great for the girls on Beach Road, but how many of them do you see in bars in Central Pattaya?  

You can talk up the numbers all you like, but it's the traditional market that keeps many hospitality businesses afloat, and that market has rushed back to Pattaya in big numbers. 

Figures were published. 

Here they are:

"In April, the top five tourists were from India (4,216), the United Kingdom (1,627), Japan (1,007), Korea (946), and Germany (940)."

Not great, are they? 

I have no doubt numbers will rise, heading into high season, but it must be remembered that many tourists also suffered financially because of covid.  It may take a few years to get back to pre covid numbers.

You've obviously never even looked at the apps, and seen all the girls working off them, yet here you are proclaiming it will have absolutely no effect on the bottom line for bars, and totally disregard them as competition to the traditional bar business model.  Now that's hilarious.  ????   

Even if I'm not a fan of your long winded posts, every girl who looks like anything and even the ones who do not, are working from their mobiles and PCs.

One homeless girl actually asked me to help her to put a profile up on ThaiFriendly, just after I gave her money for food. 

How did she even know about it?

I see girls in passing making appointments via mobile. 'Ghosts' on Beach Road suddenly calling a 'win' and making off to see a customer.

Only the most desperate having to succumb to the offers of 400 baht and perhaps even less of the Southern Asia tourists.

17 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The protests can't be far away from starting up again. 

One can only hope. It is about time the people get a chance to express their extreme level of dissatisfaction with the endemic army and official  corruption, the lies, the broken promises, and the failures of the goons. 

Only covid is holding them down at this point. What will the power thirsty oppressors use after this is gone, very soon? 

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Even if I'm not a fan of your long winded posts, every girl who looks like anything and even the ones who do not, are working from their mobiles and PCs.

One homeless girl actually asked me to help her to put a profile up on ThaiFriendly, just after I gave her money for food. 

How did she even know about it?

I see girls in passing making appointments via mobile. 'Ghosts' on Beach Road suddenly calling a 'win' and making off to see a customer.

Only the most desperate having to succumb to the offers of 400 baht and perhaps even less of the Southern Asia tourists.

Yes, there are hundreds of girls working off the apps, and in my opinion, it will only gain in popularity with the girls, as you have posted, and with the tourists. 

I have never suggested the apps will totally dismantle the current lady drink and bar fine business model, but it will certainly effect the bottom line of many establishments. 

The only question is, by how much, and for those with thin margins, of which there are many, without a market correction in rents, they will struggle to survive, particularly as they must raise their drink prices. 

It was happening pre covid, boomed during covid, will continue post covid, and is here to stay. 

Your post alludes to only cheap charlies using the apps.  This is not the case.  They offer convenience for all, without a lot of the bar BS and pricing. 

The lady drink and bar fine business model served many bar owners well over the years, thus, Thai landlords as well, alas, times are changing, as we have seen in other industries. 

56 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, there are hundreds of girls working off the apps, and in my opinion, it will only gain in popularity with the girls, as you have posted, and with the tourists. 

I have never suggested the apps will totally dismantle the current lady drink and bar fine business model, but it will certainly effect the bottom line of many establishments. 

The only question is, by how much, and for those with thin margins, of which there are many, without a market correction in rents, they will struggle to survive, particularly as they must raise their drink prices. 

It was happening pre covid, boomed during covid, will continue post covid, and is here to stay. 

Your post alludes to only cheap charlies using the apps.  This is not the case.  They offer convenience for all, without a lot of the bar BS and pricing. 

The lady drink and bar fine business model served many bar owners well over the years, thus, Thai landlords as well, alas, times are changing, as we have seen in other industries. 

Your post alludes to only cheap charlies using the apps. 

No, that was your interpretation. I was referring to the girls. 

I don't criticise people for how much money they have or choose to spend.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

No, that was your interpretation. I was referring to the girls. 

I don't criticise people for how much money they have or choose to spend.

The apps have all sorts of girls. Young, old, attractive and not so, skinny, fat, short, tall etc etc. 

Speaking to the girls I have met from the apps, the apps also have all sorts customers, from many different countries, with different financial capacities. 

Some members seem to think the girls are on the apps only as a side line, but the ones I have been with tell me it's their main job.  What's that tell you about the demand for this method of meting? 

26 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The apps have all sorts of girls. Young, old, attractive and not so, skinny, fat, short, tall etc etc. 

Speaking to the girls I have met from the apps, the apps also have all sorts customers, from many different countries, with different financial capacities. 

Some members seem to think the girls are on the apps only as a side line, but the ones I have been with tell me it's their main job.  What's that tell you about the demand for this method of meting? 

Maybe the girls are using apps more at the moment because the government have strangled the nightlife sector. 

Most blokes I know would rather enjoy a night out visiting bars, and decide on a girl (or not) when it suits them. 

You prefer pre-arranged dates - fair enough. It seems mainly because you were badly burned with lady drinks and bar fines in the past. Again, fair enough. 

But I'd wager that once the stranglehold is removed from the nightlife / entertainment sector there will be plenty enough customers looking for a fun night out to keep the bars in business. 

You can find girls on apps in any country. What makes Thailand special for many male tourists is the bar scene. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Maybe the girls are using apps more at the moment because the government have strangled the nightlife sector. 

Maybe the girls are using the apps because the guys are using the apps.  Have you considered that?

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Most blokes I know would rather enjoy a night out visiting bars, and decide on a girl (or not) when it suits them. 

I must have posted it about a dozen times, you can arrange to meet a girl from an app in a bar.  I always arrange to meet them in a bar.  Sometimes short time has turned into long time and we have gone out dining, drinking, and dancing. 

The bar experience is available online, without the bar BS and pricing.

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You prefer pre-arranged dates - fair enough.

Not really.  On a few occasions I have sat at a bar and looked at an app, saw something I liked, messaged, requested more photos, done a quick video call, and in a matter of minutes she was sitting next to me in the bar.  Is that "pre-arranged?" 

9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

It seems mainly because you were badly burned with lady drinks and bar fines in the past. Again, fair enough. 

Strange comment.  How does one get badly burned on lady drinks and bar fines? 

I always ask the price of a lady drink before I buy it, and with bar fines nearing what the girl wants, I stopped paying them a long time ago.  Does that make me a cheap charlie?  

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But I'd wager that once the stranglehold is removed from the nightlife / entertainment sector there will be plenty enough customers looking for a fun night out to keep the bars in business. 

Sure, I have never suggested the lady drink and bar fine business model would disappear. 

What I have suggested is online will eat into the bottom line of bars, and with their thin margins, many may struggle to survive, particularly without a correction in rents. 

AirBnb and Uber didn't see the end of traditional taxis and hotels.  AirBnb and Uber just ate into their profits, and by a lot. 

For some, possibly many bars, that loss of a percentage of customers that used to buy lady drinks and pay bar fines, just may be enough to send them out of business, unless their Thai landlord shares some of the digital disruption pain. 

21 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You can find girls on apps in any country. What makes Thailand special for many male tourists is the bar scene. 

Once again, the bar experience is available online.  It's not all about a girl coming to your hotel for an hour. 

As I have said, for me, girls on the apps is like online dating, but with a guaranteed outcome.  Is that not the same as meeting a girl in a bar, minus the lady drinks and bar fines? 

About the massages that i see mentioned a few times

I live in the outskirts Pattaya for years with a girl that i met in a regular massage shop ; The usual division of what you pay is 40 to 50% for the girl, the rest for the shop. So not much for a foot massage in soybeancow, but not that bad for a 300 baht oil massage outside of that street.  If you give a tip, they can keep that 100%.

Now... some shops have so many girls that you are lucky when you get 2 to 3 customers per day, minus the expenses for food and drinks from the 17 traveling stalls per hour that stop in front of the shops. If you are attractive you'll get more customers and tips. Some shops before the covid, gave a 200 baht guaranteed pay per day, so even if you didn't get a customer you had 200 baht. They work 6 days per week with about a 12 hour day....

Also super weird : the girls have to pay their own uniform and a 2000/3000 baht deposit that they will get back when they want to quit with notice. If they just stop showing up then you lose the deposit. Thai working conditions are among the worst. 

This is talking about regular massages, extra shops are a whole different game of course. 

Edited by WhatsNext