Jump to content

Indians ranked as number one in terms of arriving Pattaya international tourists, says Chonburi Tourism and Sports Authority


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, champers said:

Indian style to Indian visitors.

I think, not many Thais like Indian food. So, the only Westerners they could, possibly, attract are families, or single guys without Thai company. And when I'm without company in Pattaya, I oftentimes rather opt for 'western food', either at a Thai restaurant catering to tourists, or at the usual fast food chains.

 

Indian food is something I'd more likely sample in places like Malaysia, Singapore, or India (if I ever travelled to India).

Edited by StayinThailand2much
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 7:31 AM, hotchilli said:

I'm sure the ladyboys are enjoying the up-turn in revenue, however my sympathy goes out to the girls.

yep 1 girl = 5 indians ...seen of dozens of times 

Poor girls..

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 12:37 PM, jacko45k said:

Didn't see many of them about in the LK Metro area the other night. 

Not sure I see anything positive in this headline, but then I wouldn't.....

They don't hang out at LK Metro They hang  out at lower Pratumnak between  3rd Rd Junction and police box, second Rd and Walking St.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It maybe a coincidence, busloads of mainly young males have been arriving to a hotel beside my condo I am on a high floor and can look down to there swimming pool which is now a dirty shade of green some still swimming in it by contrast the pool in my building is spotless

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, tomyami said:

It maybe a coincidence, busloads of mainly young males have been arriving to a hotel beside my condo I am on a high floor and can look down to there swimming pool which is now a dirty shade of green some still swimming in it by contrast the pool in my building is spotless

Well back home in India a proper toilet would be a novelty in any typical village so I have no doubt they consider swimming pools as an ideal receptacle when they are taken short, plus to them washing in a public place is acceptable so hence I am not surprised at what you say. But don't forget these are quality tourists this government wants.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I think, not many Thais like Indian food. So, the only Westerners they could, possibly, attract are families, or single guys without Thai company. And when I'm without company in Pattaya, I oftentimes rather opt for 'western food', either at a Thai restaurant catering to tourists, or at the usual fast food chains.

 

Indian food is something I'd more likely sample in places like Malaysia, Singapore, or India (if I ever travelled to India).

I have been told that the Indian food in an Indian restaurant is nothing like any food you would actually find in India, it has been invented for the European market. I'm only repeating what I was told, I don't know how much truth, if any, is in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Excel said:

You are correct about what you find in India and apart from a few decent restaurants it is better equated to dysentery on a plate.

We had a really nice Tandoori chicken, with the usual Nan bread & Sag Aloo and 2 portions of Poppadoms in the middle of the week, I usually get a craving for Indian food every 4 to 6 months.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

I usually get a craving for Indian food every 4 to 6 months

Is that because it takes that long to fully recover from the previous Indian meal ? 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 7:31 AM, hotchilli said:

Always has been for me.

If Pattaya is off limits for you why do you seem  so fascinated with it.

I believe  90% of Pattaya  bashers  and critics  don't live here, have never visited here or know the place in any meaningful way.

I suspect the same same about the Thai haters too - never been here or have very limited knowledge of Thailand bit full of opinions...LOL

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I have been told that the Indian food in an Indian restaurant is nothing like any food you would actually find in India, it has been invented for the European market. I'm only repeating what I was told, I don't know how much truth, if any, is in it.

They surely  have a lot of Indian customers!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 5:51 AM, Boomer6969 said:

This place is becoming totally off limit for me.

Because  you are a racist? Because  you think you are superior  to Indians?

I'd prefer to have  a few Indians around here than white supremacists as you appear to be.

How can a forum based in Asia  casually  host racists  and promote their racist views?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

If Pattaya is off limits for you why do you seem  so fascinated with it

I'm not fascinated with it, if truth be told I'm saddened by it.

As I am of Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Patong, Nana, So Cowboy, Ping Pong Alley and all the rest

Whenever it's brought up that I live in Thailand the sniggers, nudge-nudge wink-wink starts up.

Thailand had a golden opportunity over the last 2+ years to remodel, give staff real employment opportunities, but all they did was hang-on for the old life style.

I feel sorry for the thousands of traditional, good natured Thais who have to put up with the "brand label" that the few have given it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at a regular Non-P4P massage place today.  My normal place.

 

My masseuse mentioned yesterday they had a group of 4 men come in and they all had a 2 hour massage (500 baht).  

 

She said no one was tipped.  

 

This is beyond me. These girls don't make much money as they rely on tips to make it work.

 

She further stated when they asked for the masseuse names for a repeat visit they all lied about their names.  555

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Minimum wage is 300bht ........

500bht for 2 hrs seems like a good wage to me.

I wouldn't tip either, unless for optional extras.

That is for the shop. Not for them?  What makes you think they get 100% of the shops fee?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A good rub down for 1 hour warrants a 100b tip imo pattaya is an expensive place to live for the girls.

There are wealthy indians in pattaya that own some prime real estate but the one's i am seeing in the tour groups are low end spenders and all thats willing to come here, its TAT numbers game maintaining policies and broken infrastructure that makes pattaya a sex tourist attraction more than ever and if you dont like <deleted> off

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tomyami said:

A good rub down for 1 hour warrants a 100b tip imo pattaya is an expensive place to live for the girls.

There are wealthy indians in pattaya that own some prime real estate but the one's i am seeing in the tour groups are low end spenders and all thats willing to come here, its TAT numbers game maintaining policies and broken infrastructure that makes pattaya a sex tourist attraction more than ever and if you dont like <deleted> off

Calm yourself. It's just your opinion. Millions of others won't agree with you. People tip what they think they should tip or perhaps not at all. Their money, not yours.

Rub down? From which century are you? What is a rub down? Massage is usually towards the heart, so would that not be a 'rub up'?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I was at a regular Non-P4P massage place today.  My normal place.

 

My masseuse mentioned yesterday they had a group of 4 men come in and they all had a 2 hour massage (500 baht).  

 

She said no one was tipped.  

 

This is beyond me. These girls don't make much money as they rely on tips to make it work.

 

She further stated when they asked for the masseuse names for a repeat visit they all lied about their names.  555

Did they say how much they get from the 500 baht or is that info not so good for your story?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Did they say how much they get from the 500 baht or is that info not so good for your story?

I did not ask.  But it is not 500 baht.  

 

Why are being such a "nice" person.?

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not a basher, just what I saw a few years ago...

I was in a fairly decent hotel in Beach Rd Soi 8 I think, anyway, it was popular with the Subcontinent demographic, and the amazing thing was every night there was a "lobby party" with drinks bought from the Sewen opposite, and between 4-6 blokes and one rentgirl yukkin it up in the foyer!

To each their own, but how are the Thais going to make money out of groups like that? 😂🍻🥳

Edited by chalawaan
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Calm yourself. It's just your opinion. Millions of others won't agree with you. People tip what they think they should tip or perhaps not at all. Their money, not yours.

Rub down? From which century are you? What is a rub down? Massage is usually towards the heart, so would that not be a 'rub up'?

 

 

Most massage I've enjoyed pay little attention to my pectorals and focus on my pecker.

But it does make my heart race! 

Even more back in the 20th Century, when I was a testimonial to testosterone overload.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I did not ask.  But it is not 500 baht.  

 

Why are being such a "nice" person.?

 

I don't understand what you are trying to write. Should they be paid 250 baht per hour in your eyes?

Nice person? I also tip 100 baht; but I do not presume to tell anyone else how much they should tip nor do I denigrate anyone for not tipping at all. 

Most people, including yourself, have no idea as to how much the masseuse gets from the fee, so tipping would not be on their mind. It's just a USA 'begging' thing that has spread. Insidious.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Because  you are a racist? Because  you think you are superior  to Indians?

I'd prefer to have  a few Indians around here than white supremacists as you appear to be.

How can a forum based in Asia  casually  host racists  and promote their racist views?

So, because I don't want to share a breakfast buffet with a crowd of entitled Indian tourist, many of whom being openly judgmental about me, my Thai wife and our two young daughters, I become a white supremacist?

 

And these crowds of Indians are only insult to injury, there are other good reasons that fuel my dislike of Pattaya.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

So, because I don't want to share a breakfast buffet with a crowd of entitled Indian tourist, many of whom being openly judgmental about me, my Thai wife and our two young daughters, I become a white supremacist?

 

And these crowds of Indians are only insult to injury, there are other good reasons that fuel my dislike of Pattaya.

I didn't mention white supremacy- you did. I did suggest that your  comments  make you  sound racist. You do know what racism is right? LOL.

 

It's using a negative experience  you had on your family holiday in Pattaya to justify generalised negative feeling about all Indians.

LOL

No it doesn't  make you  a white supremacist but it does make you sound a bit er er er , what's the  word?...Oh yeah - racist.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...