Indians ranked as number one in terms of arriving Pattaya international tourists, says Chonburi Tourism and Sports Authority

webfact

And they are also bringing in the most insurance scams of all tourists.  Just sitting outside a 7-11 store sharing a beer between 4 or 5 people coming up with genius plans. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Indians have replaced the Chinese in terms of the number one arriving Pattaya international tourists, says the Chonburi Tourism and Sports Authority.

I'm sure the ladyboys are enjoying the up-turn in revenue, however my sympathy goes out to the girls.

The Katoey's nicking the imaginary gold chains is just the beginning. 

I'm waiting for the first report of an Asian sub-continent gentleman getting his wallet nicked by the Ladyboy hiding under the bed while he's enjoying a massage from her accomplice.

And I miss the days sitting at a Beer Bar in WS watching five similar gentlemen negotiating with a Freelancer for a bulk-buy deal. That "W-T-F" look on the Freelancers' face is indubitably priceless.

Halcyon times indeed.  :coffee1:

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Didn't see many of them about in the LK Metro area the other night. 

Not sure I see anything positive in this headline, but then I wouldn't.....

They wouldn't lower themselves to go to the soi Buaokaew area. They tend to frequent the up market Walking street area.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

n April, the top five tourists were from India (4,216), the United Kingdom (1,627), Japan (1,007), Korea (946), and Germany (940). 

Some members would say these statistics equate with Pattaya being "rammed."  ????

1 minute ago, Joe Farang said:

They wouldn't lower themselves to go to the soi Buaokaew area. They tend to frequent the up market Walking street area.

They most certainly frequent soi 6 but you are right. Indian tourists are more complex. As one Indian explained to me there are upper class IT workers and traders coming to Pattaya. Apart from the obvious permanent fixtures I see around soi moo cow, Indians seem to be the most prominent tourists.

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Didn't see many of them about in the LK Metro area the other night. 

Not sure I see anything positive in this headline, but then I wouldn't.....

They make the place look busy.  That's about all. 

Same a pre covid, tourist numbers up, money down. 

It's all about the demographic of the tourists that Thailand / Pattaya is attracting. 

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

Quite a few businesses opening to attract their custom. Example: 2 Indian restaurants on Beach Rd between Sois 4 and 5 either side of a 7/11. One is already open, one being readied for a re-opening.

Western style businesses cater to Western visitors, Indian style to Indian visitors. Those businrsses that can cater to many demographics are likely to flourish more.

• Like 2

I was quite surprised - I rented out a couple of apartments - one to a Korean guy running a business and another working in the German Embassy. Both long term tenants.

They've both moved out post covid - I was asked If I'd accept an Indian client. I was gobsmacked. These apts are central relatively expensive CBD apts. It was said as if I'd say no.

Well I know they are back because had swerve around a few idiots walking in the road by the roadworks on 2nd Rd (near Sun City). 

On the plus side my wife and I always enjoyed strolling along Beach Rd and spotting a bunch of these guys surround a girl and try to negotiate a group discount........Watching the girls' faces was very entertaining LOL!

9 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

I don't expect that is the reason. They were about there in the afternoon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

I am willing to bet that the 940 Germans spent more than the numerically superior numbers of indians.

But of course in Thailand it's all about the numbers.

One tourist only occupies one room just for a start. Then there are taxis, food and lots of other things which depend on numbers, not how rich they are. The poor don't benefit as much from high end spending.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Now if you thought the Chinese were ‘thrifty’ …. I lived in India for two years and there are many wonderful things about the country but Indians are the very soul of ‘kee neeow’.  

No way! I knew Chinese, who as a family, spent every Sunday, all day, at a Central mall in Bangkok, but always brought their own food in tupperware containers from home, cause, you know, the food at Central's food court is kinda pricey... ????

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1