Updated Thailand Entry Measures Starting Next Month

webfact

21 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Open up fully get rid of a thia pass If thia nationals don’t need a tie pass then foreigners do not need a thia pass the virus does not discriminate. TIT

After all we are both human, how can you have the TP for some and not for others?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

From what I see, the airlines are acting as a deterrent with higher prices. 

As with anything, you have to get in early, suffice to say I got a great deal for an overseas trip come October, and with Thai Airlines believe it or not which was cheaper than the budget airline I usually travel with.

Fuel prices go up, air travel goes up, it's all about timing and how far in advance your prepared to book.

• Like 1

Thailand pass was easy to do, but there were delays and uncertainty in issuing them.

Now it would be instant and can be done just before departure. 

Down from an original $100k to $10k and now from 650b/month or from 4200b per year, it's not a financial issue at all.

Thai citizens never had obligation to get insurance, as they have free medical. Still they need to show vax certificate or do test on the border.

Those conditions are already since 1st May, now thailand pass will be shorter and instant

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwest10 said:

How about those who have been resident and go on holiday does the insurance apply to them and probably a silly question but we get penalised as against our Thai families!!!

I recently did just that, and the TP wouldn't go to the next page until I provided insurance, so I just bought the cheapest one and entered the policy number and a screenshot. I never did get the email promised to me by the insurance company. It was the 650B policy on the TP page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

For someone who hasn't bought travel insurance for some time, approximately  how much would a $10k (covid) policy for a months stay cost?

Thanks for any replies.

From what i am told from the brokers about 3000 thb but have no idea if  it relates to age 

3 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Still confused if you are on a 1 year valid   re entry retirement visa and you come back into the kingdom with after a short visit to your old country are you classed as visitor if you live here?. You are over 75 and cannot get the insurance . or you have business and travel back and forth do you still need a Thailand pass with all the relevant conditions?  Surely the Thailand pass applies to tourist (visitors) or anyone who arrives ?

covid only insurance are for up to 99 years. Single entry insurance from 650b, or from 4200b yearly multiple entry.

Every foreigner has to get thailand pass, no matter of visa status

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Thailand need to stop considering itself like some Willy wonka  resort that you need a golden ticket to gain entry to.. Stop it with this pass and insurance nonsense. Nobody seeing it  come, these fools have lost tourism for this year, its far too late now to rescue 2022. Drop it all you may get 4 million up, leave it in place, lucky to get 2.5-3 million. Complete idiots

And it's always the other guys who are the idiots and fools...

Let me guess, you don't believe Covid is real, it was a conspiracy, and was faked, right? All the people who died of it, well that was just nonsense, right? It was a golden ticket Willy Wonka hoax.

So last question, why are you even here? So that you can whine and complain about it while reaping all the advantages it gives you? 

• Confused 12
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, internationalism said:

Thailand pass was easy to do, but there were delays and uncertainty in issuing them.

Now it would be instant and can be done just before departure. 

Down from an original $100k to $10k and now from 650b/month or from 4200b per year, it's not a financial issue at all.

Thai citizens never had obligation to get insurance, as they have free medical. Still they need to show vax certificate or do test on the border.

Those conditions are already since 1st May, now thailand pass will be shorter and instant

Ok that's great I am over 80 and can easily get a years insurance for 4200 b a year thanks can you give me company so I can get it 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Exactly. A forever Racist country - at least the government is doing its best to continue to segregate Thais and foreigners into different Covid buckets. And extort insurance cover.

A democratic country shouldn't discriminate. So why are Thailand discriminating? Answer above.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1