EV Bikes to Feature at Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2022

webfact

image.jpeg

by Na-ark Rojanasuvan

BANGKOK (NNT) - AJ Advance Technology Pcl (AJA) showcased e-bikes at the recently-concluded Bangkok Motorbike Festival 2022 over the weekend, amid growing demand for electric vehicles (EVs) in Thailand.

AJA CEO Pichai Panjasanka also promoted the company’s latest model, the “T9” e-bike, which is powered by a 3,000-watt motor, has a top speed of 106 kilometers per hour, and carries a swappable lithium battery.

Pichai noted that AJA brought several EVs to the kingdom over the past three years, including electric bikes, motor bikes and tricycles.

During the event, held from May 27-29, AJA also showcased the “AJ ENERGY Swap Station” that offers an alternative battery recharging solution on the road.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The company is planning to begin establishing swap stations in Bangkok before expanding coverage to remote provinces. AJA aims to sell at least 60,000 EVs annually and gain at least 15% of the local market share

According to Pichai, the company’s core target audience consists of regular motorists, delivery riders and motorcycle taxi drivers.

The majority of the company’s EVs are Chinese imports with key features, including quick charging, high-capacity batteries, distinct designs and eco-friendliness.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-05-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better showing for E-scooter, than the prior weeks 'bike show'

I did pop into AJ's showroom (Nakhon Pathom (?), and TBO, wasn't that impressed.  Also visited DECO showroom in same area, when window shopping, and went with their scooter.  Nice to see a 3000w motored scooter has a removable battery, as most don't.   DECO only providing in their 1000w motor scooters.

Mine (3000w) doesn't, and wish it did, though really don't need the extra range.  Others may want, especially condo / apartment living.  Can't seem to find a price for the mentioned 'T9', and AJ doesn't maintain their websites very well, IMHO.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BumGun said:

Does Gogoro plan on coming to Thailand ?

Doubtful, unfortunately.  Heavy import tax combined with ignorance & skepticism, is keeping EV market from advancing much.

Thailand has their own version, pilot program, which will probably fail miserably, as the price of the scooter, if having to be purchased are ridiculous.

• Haha 2

EGAT's pricing:

"Egat has spent 21 million baht on rolling out the electric motorcycle project. Each motorcycle costs 84,000 baht, with a battery worth 40,000 baht." 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2238751/electric-motorcycle-trial-gets-underway

https://www.egat.co.th/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=666:electric-motorbike-taxi-service-opens-in-bang-kruai-to-promote-green-public-transportation&catid=11

I will wait a few more months (hopefully not years) until the big motorcycle companies have e-scooters und e-motorcycles on the market. Those who are available at the moment still not quality enough, mostly rubbish in my opionion with a few exceptions such as NIU or Swag. But they come with a heavy price tag.

Also if you take your bike somewhere (for a tour or moving permanently), where are the dealers outside of Bangkok or big cities? 

Honda or Yamaha dealer is available in almost every city...

30 minutes ago, Jaybott said:

Here's a link to a new concept of EV Bikes.  The hub less rear wheel is quite a concept.  I doubt we'll see it in Thailand any time soon.

And only ฿3,673,207 before any import taxes ... ????

https://shop.vergemotorcycles.com/products/verge-ts-motorcycle

https://www.vergemotorcycles.com/

Also a little skeptical about the range claim, though do state, 'depending on riding style'... sweet looking ride though:

"Our 20.2 kWh battery pack is made in-house and offers 300 km of carefree riding, depending on riding style."

My 50 kWh battery e-motorcycle (DECO SUSU) rated for 140-150 kms, and I'd be really lucky to get 100 kms out of it, at the recommended 35 kph to achieve that range.

Edited by KhunLA

22 hours ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

another enjoyment for the sheeple who have been told that from now on they must buy everything electric ! hahahahahaha

I've always wondered if those outstandingly witty experts of portmanteau who use words like ‘sheeple’ consider themselves more intelligent than those to whom they refer...... After all it takes true genius to combine the words sheep and people when passing judgement without presenting intelligent opinion.... :whistling: :passifier:

23 hours ago, ThaiSanookGuy said:

another enjoyment for the sheeple who have been told that from now on they must buy everything electric ! hahahahahaha

Only if you have a place to plug it in ... ????

DSC09646a.jpg

Edited by KhunLA