Gov hospital BILL question

MJCM

18 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Interesting thread thanks. Did you get the answer to above?

Not yet, I am also surprised and I have sent them a Reminder yesterday!. It's not urgent for me anymore, but I will follow up with them and will report back!

• Like 1

I take 2.5mg (1/2 pill) nebilet and takes my average home reading down to about 100/67 (which I can live with but does rule out sudden rush to door).  With no meds home would still be below 120/80.  But at hospital it normally is at least 150/90 and if more anxious can be higher (even taking the nebilet).  Not fun as anxiety can cause more anxiety as nurse panics and doctors say they can not treat you if you have high blood pressure (which of course only serves to increase the anxiety).  First covid shot was a nightmare but doctor did try to calm and next two they did not check BP.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2022 at 4:08 PM, MJCM said:

Thx it is a local hospital, quite a big place but most of the major cases (operations etc etc ) get sent to the Main Hospital.

And I already asked at the Main Hospital today if I can go there, but they said "Only after a referral by the local Hospital"

Ask whether it's possible for the bill to be in English when you register on that day. In the past 10 years or so the facilities/processes in many gov't hospitals have had many upgrades. 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:39 AM, lopburi3 said:

Yes but suspect he can order the tests and review with you - easier than trying to do directly with hospital and that way he can maintain your records for long term care.

Explain to the doctor that you need the bill etc., in English and why. Perhaps even suggest that you will pay a small addition charge for alll docs etc., in English. Perhaps worth setting up something like this for the future if possible.

20 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I take 2.5mg (1/2 pill) nebilet and takes my average home reading down to about 100/67 (which I can live with but does rule out sudden rush to door).  With no meds home would still be below 120/80.  But at hospital it normally is at least 150/90 and if more anxious can be higher (even taking the nebilet).  Not fun as anxiety can cause more anxiety as nurse panics and doctors say they can not treat you if you have high blood pressure (which of course only serves to increase the anxiety).  First covid shot was a nightmare but doctor did try to calm and next two they did not check BP.

I have the same as you as, and I was totally surprised that when the Cardiologist at the Private Hospital didn't blink an eye when he saw the readings from the Hospitals and the Village Hospitals. I thought he would say "Emergency Room Immediately" ????

When coming back home from the visit to the Hospital and I did my first BP measurement, I though that machine was faulty but measuring 4-5 times with 2 different machines and also adjusting the cuffs a couple of times just in cause and the measurements were only slight different (5 points maybe)

Edited by MJCM

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Ask whether it's possible for the bill to be in English when you register on that day. In the past 10 years or so the facilities/processes in many gov't hospitals have had many upgrades. 

Thx, but that station has passed, I went to a Private (Bangkok Hospital Chain) hospital last Monday and I am very happy I went!!

Edit: Please do read this post about what went on at that Local Hospital when I visited

Edited by MJCM

On 5/31/2022 at 8:26 AM, MJCM said:

I sent an email to my insurer, with 2 questions

1- Can I submit a Bill from the Local Hospital that is only in Thai

2- If not, what do I have to do to be able to submit it

Will report back when they reply (usually around 1-2 days)

Ps: I had a talk with my wife about going to the Main Hospital or going to the local Hospital (for the Check-up) and she said, better at the local hospital, easier to get to (as only a couple of km's from our home) and not so many people there.

Finally an email from the insurance with lots of excuses that it took so long.

No problem sending a bill in Thai to them.

• Thanks 2

I am at the hospital for the follow up and as expected no medicine for BP for me. NEXT follow up appointment (mainly for Cholesterol) in 10 weeks

Edited by MJCM
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:26 PM, Sheryl said:

I have yet to see a government hospital where bills and medical reports were in English.

At Nauresan University Government Hospital in Phitsanulok, ALL reports & bills are given to me in English.