Thai driver license

On 6/3/2022 at 4:44 AM, foreverlomsak said:

I presented the Yellow House Book as proof of address, accepted without problem, they insisted that they had to use my passport number, not my Thai ID card (same number as the yellow book), on the DL

The Chonburi DLT refused to accept my yellow book last Aug, although they had for previous licences. Said the rules had changed and had to be residence certificate.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:55 AM, oldestswinger said:

I said that I have never seen anything about such a regulation and asked them to show me written evidence of it. They ummed and aahed and gave me a certificate.

We laugh at this kind of thing, but it's really a serious problem, with people who simply believe what officials say facing some major hurdles in getting anything done.

I just renewed my drivers license two weeks ago.  1. you need a residence certificate from immigration (takes about 2 hours to get). Also two of them if you need a car & motorcycle license. 2. A medical certificate from any clinic (2 copies for motorbike & car). 3. The next day I went to motor vehicle license at 8:30 A.M. in the morning. They check your papers and tell you what you need and make a appointment the next day. They give you a web site to watch a 1 hour video at home.  Copy the completed video certificate you watched (2 copies). My appointment was at 9:30 A.M. checked in and directed to go to the 2nd floor at the license building in Chonburi. Did a vision check & reflex test. Paid my money and sent down stairs to get my photo. 15 minutes I got the renewed drivers license for bike & car. Good for 5 years.

27 minutes ago, Larryst said:

I just renewed my drivers license two weeks ago.

Your account is pretty much the same as mine at Bangkok except that the residence certificate takes between one and two weeks to arrive and cost 200baht.

I only obtained one RC and photocopy was accepted for the bike. Ditto medical certificate.

Note for anyone obtaining RC from CW you must have done a 90 report.