agencies for work permit

1 hour ago, Lolothai said:

It's a small company and the owner asked me to handle it. Any reputable agencies?

I would double check the company. It is quite possible they dont have the qualifications to support a work permit. Plus I have not heard of the angle you are being told to pursue.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lolothai said:

I have a job offer, company is waiting me. I will get my visa on 22 June, Non O visa.

So the company should assist  you in the work permit application. As others have said, be very wary if not

Edited by Excel

2 hours ago, Lolothai said:

It's a small company and the owner asked me to handle it. Any reputable agencies?

To get a work permit you have to submit the WP application form plus a contract of employment with a fully registered Thai company. 

Is it a fully registered Thai company?

Also there's a formula of a certain number of Thai employees before the company can employ a foreigner. The number of Thai employees seems to be a bit different per industry.

And there's a list of occupations which can only be performed by Thai citizens. WP is not available for foreigners for these occupations.

It's possible to submit the application yourself (the form is available in English online) however the company must provide a couple of official Thai documents (e.g. company registration etc. - as mentioned by Ubonjoe), and the company must also provide the contract of employment. The contract must also state the title of the job and a brief description of the purpose/work to be performed. A copy of your passport must be lodged with the WP application.

The application and attachments can be lodged at the Labour Minitry office in a number of locations. For Bangkok it's the Labour Ministry head office at Din Daeng. Normally processed within a few days or even the next day. If lodged personally the total fees are around 1,500Baht or similar. 

If you do use an agent or a lawyer don't believe them if they say:

- The WP application must be lodged by a Thai lawyer - not true.

- A lawyer must be involved because there's a negotiation involved which can only be done by a Thai lawyer. Not true - there is no negotiation involved at all.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard

6 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

If they want you bad enough they should be handling all of your paperwork and absorbing the costs as well

Point taken but maybe this is a new situation for the 'company' and they have no clue how to handle it, so they ask the employee to do it. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

OP … I didn’t think you can work with Non-O?

He married to a Thai. He can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He married to a Thai. He can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage.

For my/others interest.

Is there any benefit to being to married to a Thai re work permits ?

I've had them doing consultancy work, even though at the start I wasn't married to a Thai at the end I was - company used same process.

TIA. 

Edited by Pmbkk

12 minutes ago, Pmbkk said:

Is there any benefit to being to married to a Thai re work permits ?

For one thing if married to a Thai and do your extensions based upon marriage your extension is not tied you your job like it would be if the extension was based upon working.

Also if married to a Thai the registered capital only needs to be 1 million baht and at some work permit office only 2 Thai are required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My visa is non O as a father of a thai, I'm married as well.

The company has around 30 or 50 labors and no Farangs. I will ask for the 1 million bahts capital. They never provide work permit before. They will pay me around 70 000 with some benefits and they would prefer me to take care of the work permit process. I have no clue of the process and want to be sure that nothing is forgotten and want to be relieved of the stress.

I suppose that the agency is also passing some money under the table which would help the process.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For one thing if married to a Thai and do your extensions based upon marriage your extension is not tied you your job like it would be if the extension was based upon working.

Also if married to a Thai the registered capital only needs to be 1 million baht and at some work permit office only 2 Thai are required.

Ubon joe, and as a father of a Thai is it also only 1 million? I'm speaking to one agency but they insist that's 2 million capital

13 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

Ubon joe, and as a father of a Thai is it also only 1 million? I'm speaking to one agency but they insist that's 2 million capital

When applying for the work permit you will need submit your marriage certificate or your child birth certificate to get the lower requirements.

Ask the company what their registered capital is since it may be well more that i or 2 million baht.They will have to provide that documentation not you.

It might be helpful. A poster on this forum said an acceptable job for a foreigner is foreign language advertising and social media worker, if you do not have extensive experience in the field you will be working in.  I think you need to have a role which can not be carried out by a Thai. Please post after you have applied because nany are interested in work permits

On 6/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, scorecard said:

Point taken but maybe this is a new situation for the 'company' and they have no clue how to handle it, so they ask the employee to do it. 

Why 'confused', seems to me the comment I posted is clear and relevant.

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:54 PM, Lolothai said:

My visa is non O as a father of a thai, I'm married as well.

The company has around 30 or 50 labors and no Farangs. I will ask for the 1 million bahts capital. They never provide work permit before. They will pay me around 70 000 with some benefits and they would prefer me to take care of the work permit process. I have no clue of the process and want to be sure that nothing is forgotten and want to be relieved of the stress.

I suppose that the agency is also passing some money under the table which would help the process.

"Passing some money under the table..."

If you're meaning money under the table to the Labour Ministry, Work Permits officers, I held Thai work permits for well over 30 years. During all that time I had fairly close contact with: company staff and lawyers who did all the work to gain/renew my WPs, and for the last approx. 5 years I did it myself (with the employer supplying various documents).

Never once was there a request by ministry officials that I am aware of for tea money and none was ever offered.

But could it happen? An open question of course, perhaps depending on which WP office (there are many across all of Thailand) might be involved. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1