Thailand continues action against pirated brand name goods - 10M worth found in NE

webfact

How do they make the estimation?

Is it the cost if the items were genuine or the actual cost that they estimate that they would be sold for?

Either way, 10 million baht is very low, they should look harder.

Most shopping malls in Thailand would bring much better results.

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

Either way, 10 million baht is very low, they should look harder.

Most shopping malls in Thailand would bring much better results.

Thailand and the Thai Police are not interested in these issues....   

The only time the Thai Police get involved is when they are ‘encouraged’ by someone higher up after a large brand name has carried out their own investigation and hands ’something on a plate’ to the RTP along with evidence from IP lawyers.... 

... A factory / warehouse / shop here or there will be raided... goods will be destroyed. The factory / warehouse / shop will be back in business within a week or two and the process has to start again.

For IP lawyers and big brand names its like banging their head against a brick wall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Very limited show action, every market in the country is flooded with fake goods

China will go broke if this happens? Right now almost everything I buy is Fake. Nice hat's in the picture I wonder how much for one?

Edited by vandeventer

2 hours ago, proton said:

Very limited show action, every market in the country is flooded with fake goods

Not up here in Issan . Not so long ago fake goods were available in abundance  but the RTP had a big clamp down and I have not seen any fakes for a couple of years .

10 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

China will go broke if this happens? Right now almost everything I buy is Fake. Nice hat's in the picture I wonder how much for one?

One ?

3 for the price of two... bargain.

1 hour ago, superal said:

Not up here in Issan . Not so long ago fake goods were available in abundance  but the RTP had a big clamp down and I have not seen any fakes for a couple of years .

There is always lazada!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

Simply because all the fakes up here are siting in mine and my wife's wardrobe ????. By the way they forgot about the Rolex fakes which are in short supply at the local markets these days as they are nearly all now for sale on Lazada ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, loong said:

Those hats in the photo are really ugly.
I can't believe that anyone would buy such cr*p just because it has a designer name!

Perhaps the same people that buy those also buy a one million baht plus car with "Hello Kitty" around the number plates and gaudy fake chrome stuck around the lights and door handles. 

Anyone who is worried about rich people carrying a fake Gucci bag or sunglasses in Europe or the Americas, should book an appointment with a psychiatrist. 

This is a law that Thai police, and police everywhere actually, should just go passive/aggressive and refuse to enforce.  I´d much rather see someone in Thailand being able to put food on the table, than some gringo being offended because someone else is walking around with a fake Gucci. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Dolmance said:

I´d much rather see someone in Thailand being able to put food on the table, than some gringo being offended because someone else is walking around with a fake Gucci. 

I agree with you 100%

• Like 1