Boris Johnson booed at Queen’s Jubilee as No 10 ‘plots charm offensive to win over MPs’

onthedarkside

15 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

noticed people like Kuensberg and her Johnson love fest.

Kuensberg /Johnson love fest?? You jest. Perhaps you didn't notice her constant anti-Boris anti-Brexit tirades after losing the referendum?

Davie was an internal appointment by the BBC Board not Boris. He was supposed to introduce some balance to the left riddled and biased Beeb. We are still waiting for some of that.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The Tories have a massive majority and many of the new MPs can thank Boris and to some extent Corbyn for that, gaining seats that were traditionally Labour.  It will be interesting to see how many of them will be one term MPs.

All of them probably, if they vote against him in the (possible) vote of confidence.

If the Tories sack Johnson they can say goodbye to those seats.

If he stays they may keep some, many, most?

The Tories would do well to remember Johnson's track record in winning elections, together with the emphatic rejection of the limp wristed stance of his predecessors, Labour and the Liberal Democrats on Brexit. 

If the likes of Tobias Ellwood ( heaven help us!) and Jeremy Hunt make the running after getting rid of Johnson then the Tory Party will be finished for ten years.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

All of them probably, if they vote against him in the (possible) vote of confidence.

If the Tories sack Johnson they can say goodbye to those seats.

If he stays they may keep some, many, most?

The Tories would do well to remember Johnson's track record in winning elections, together with the emphatic rejection of the limp wristed stance of his predecessors, Labour and the Liberal Democrats on Brexit. 

If the likes of Tobias Ellwood ( heaven help us!) and Jeremy Hunt make the running after getting rid of Johnson then the Tory Party will be finished for ten years.

There are two bi-elections coming up that will play a part in the decision the Tories are trying not to make.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are two bi-elections coming up that will play a part in the decision the Tories are trying not to make.

True enough, but I think both of us have been observing UK politics for long enough (albeit from different sides of the fence) to know that by-elections do not a General Election make!

After all both Mrs Thatcher's and Mr Blair's government lost by-elections but secured victory in following General Elections.

Anyway, the one in the West Country will be hailed as the sign of a Lib Dem revival, we haven't had one of those for several years!

On 6/4/2022 at 6:51 AM, RichardColeman said:

I like Boris, least he speaks his mind. Unlike sleepy Joe who speaks whatever comes from somebody else's mind !

Hitler, Mussolini back in the day spoke their minds.

We now have the likes of Bolsonaro, Duteurte and ex president Trump spewing their right wing hatred on every level.

The tub of lard Bunter has been copying their M. O. and up until now has just about got away with it. Now he's been found out and he's toast.

I love watching the tub of lard squirming at PMQs but hope he stays if only for the comedic value.

Face it, that's the only level on which he (Bunter) has delivered.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Kuensberg /Johnson love fest?? You jest. Perhaps you didn't notice her constant anti-Boris anti-Brexit tirades after losing the referendum?

Davie was an internal appointment by the BBC Board not Boris. He was supposed to introduce some balance to the left riddled and biased Beeb. We are still waiting for some of that.

And there you have it. Can’t see the wood for the trees. I’ll give you an example, just yesterday. As Johnson got booed it was reported by the BBC. Later in the day, the exact same footage had a different voice over making no reference whatsoever to the booing. It was louder on his way out too.

As for the Tory boy now in charge of the BBC, just because Johnson’s name isn’t attached to his appointment doesn’t mean he’s not responsible for it. 
And if you don’t see Kuensberg letting Johnson off lightly time after time it’s purely because you don’t want to. “The left riddled BBC” says it all.

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Loiner said:

He's not toast, he's still here.

They've all been unsuccessfully trying to oust Boris since he became PM and particularly since he got us out of the EU. There's just nothing the Boris haters latch on to that is serious enough. The British public don't care about all the media contrived anti-Boris hysteria. The British public don't care about Partygate and are fed up of hearing about it. They have seen through the leftist propaganda.

There are reports that there are around 70 letters gone in. Or is that that just leftie wishful thinking????????. The British public don’t care about partygate? YOU might not, but the British public most definitely do. You may well see things differently sooner than you think. Oh I love a good piece of gammon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whichever party you vote for, you will get the same result.

Parties are an illusion for the plebs, democracy is dead, conveniently

replaced with a ditatorship of lies and deception.

Have you noticed that every time you vote things get worse?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Whichever party you vote for, you will get the same result.

Parties are an illusion for the plebs, democracy is dead, conveniently

replaced with a ditatorship of lies and deception.

Have you noticed that every time you vote things get worse?

We still have a democracy in the U.K , its just that some people who have dropped out of society make claims that its all lies and deception and not worth bothering with 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

We still have a democracy in the U.K , its just that some people who have dropped out of society make claims that its all lies and deception and not worth bothering with 

It’s also a result of the ‘Democracy is dead/all Politicians are liars/all Politicians are in it for themselves’ narrative.

It’s a narrative that discourages participation and voting.

Politicians, Politics and indeed democracy has its faults but it’s the only way ordinary people have any chance of getting any form of representation.

Participation and voting are the means to be heard, hence the efforts to discourage participation and voting.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Hitler, Mussolini back in the day spoke their minds.

We now have the likes of Bolsonaro, Duteurte and ex president Trump spewing their right wing hatred on every level.

The tub of lard Bunter has been copying their M. O. and up until now has just about got away with it. Now he's been found out and he's toast.

I love watching the tub of lard squirming at PMQs but hope he stays if only for the comedic value.

Face it, that's the only level on which he (Bunter) has delivered.

Don’t you love the way every question Starmer asks, Johnson has the same answer, and it bears no relevance whatsoever to the actual question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

i llke boris as he has big balls to get jobs done ,brexit .covid and ukr so what he had a few bevvies under duress ,he rolls on

captain hindsite can claim nothing achieved the usual clown from labour

remainers will always be heckling till hell freezes over

Brexit done????? Do you mean getting NI and Scotland out of the UK Covid done? 200k dead people's families might not agree with you. ukr? Can’t comment on something that doesn’t seem to mean anything. Hindsite? Is that like a websight?

Gammon for lunch anyone?

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Oh dear another one, thought the facts had sunk in but clearly like Boris you deny the facts.

Oh dear, another one who confuses his own opinions with facts. 

Johnson has received a fixed penalty notice, issued because, in the opinion of a police officer, he has broken the law. The evidence which led the police to issue the penalty has not been made public; nor has the evidence, or any defence , been put before a court, neither a magistrate nor a judge sitting with a jury. It is not a criminal conviction. The fine stipulated in the FPN has been paid, the matter is, legally, closed. No conviction, no criminal record.

Those are the facts of the case.

Now you may think that he should be thrown out of office, perhaps fined into financial ruin, even imprisoned. You may consider him a criminal, a charletan, a serial lier and an utter rogue. You are of course fully entitled to your opinion, but they are opinions not facts.

I think that the issue of this FPN, says more about the politicisation of the police forces in this country ( particularly as the Leader of the Opposition has not been issued with a notice for essentially similar behaviour) than it does about any criminality. These are not facts, they are my opinions.

I think that, as he and the party he leads were put into office by the electorate in a General Election, then he and his party should be removed in the same way, not by a number of Tory MPs scheming, not by the campaigns of the broadcast and print media, and not by an opposition playing "truth or dare" over allegations. But again, these are not facts, these are my opinions.

If the opposition, who l presume you support, wish to force a General Election, then they can of course raise a motion of no confidence in the government and invite Johnson's Tory opposers to vote with them, to bring down the government.

The facts, whether they have sunk in or are bobbing on the surface, are that Johnson has not received a criminal conviction. He is not a criminal.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Brexit done????? Do you mean getting NI and Scotland out of the UK Covid done? 200k dead people's families might not agree with you. ukr? Can’t comment on something that doesn’t seem to mean anything. Hindsite? Is that like a websight?

Gammon for lunch anyone?

There’s not many having gammon for lunch these days, most can’t afford it.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Disenfranchising the poor and marginalized has become a matter of mirth, what a spiteful and bitter place the rightwing had become.

The Far Right Neo-Nazi Facist war monger pathologically lying  Conservative party takes quite decent care of the poorer members of UK society . 

Minimal if any taxes they need to pay and they get rather generous benefits and free education  and free health care and often subsidized housing 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sorry, but it is not ‘an opinion’ that Johnson is a ‘serial liar’, it’s a matter of public record he is.

Not this again , you seem to call people liars and the whole discussion changes as to whether a person a liar or not .

I refuse to get into yet another discussion with you about whether a persons a liar or not 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Oh dear, another one who confuses his own opinions with facts. 

Johnson has received a fixed penalty notice, issued because, in the opinion of a police officer, he has broken the law. The evidence which led the police to issue the penalty has not been made public; nor has the evidence, or any defence , been put before a court, neither a magistrate nor a judge sitting with a jury. It is not a criminal conviction. The fine stipulated in the FPN has been paid, the matter is, legally, closed. No conviction, no criminal record.

Those are the facts of the case.

Now you may think that he should be thrown out of office, perhaps fined into financial ruin, even imprisoned. You may consider him a criminal, a charletan, a serial lier and an utter rogue. You are of course fully entitled to your opinion, but they are opinions not facts.

I think that the issue of this FPN, says more about the politicisation of the police forces in this country ( particularly as the Leader of the Opposition has not been issued with a notice for essentially similar behaviour) than it does about any criminality. These are not facts, they are my opinions.

I think that, as he and the party he leads were put into office by the electorate in a General Election, then he and his party should be removed in the same way, not by a number of Tory MPs scheming, not by the campaigns of the broadcast and print media, and not by an opposition playing "truth or dare" over allegations. But again, these are not facts, these are my opinions.

If the opposition, who l presume you support, wish to force a General Election, then they can of course raise a motion of no confidence in the government and invite Johnson's Tory opposers to vote with them, to bring down the government.

The facts, whether they have sunk in or are bobbing on the surface, are that Johnson has not received a criminal conviction. He is not a criminal.

Oh dear some who really is like Boris and has either got a poor grasp of the meanings in the English vocabulary, else is simply trolling by posting incorrect statements or else is delusional. 

A fine is a criminal offence and a criminal is one who has committed such offence. So yes Boris is a criminal whether you wish to pretend otherwise, 

So for your education please understand the following;

"What type of punishment is a fine?

A fine  is a penalty of money that a court of law or other authority decides has to be paid as punishment for a crime"

crime

/krʌɪm/

noun

an action or omission which constitutes an offence and is punishable by law

criminal
/ˈkrɪmɪn(ə)l/

noun

1. a person who has committed a crime.
Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Excel said:

Oh dear some who really is like Boris and is either got a poor grasp of the meanings in the English vocabulary, else is simply trolling by posting incorrect statements or else is delusional. 

A fine is a criminal offence and a criminal is one who has committed such offence. So yes Boris is a criminal whether you wish to pretend otherwise, 

So for your education please understand the following;

"What type of punishment is a fine?

A fine  is a penalty of money that a court of law or other authority decides has to be paid as punishment for a crime"

crime

/krʌɪm/

noun

an action or omission which constitutes an offence and is punishable by law

criminal
/ˈkrɪmɪn(ə)l/

noun

1. a person who has committed a crime.

A quote from the Noble Solicitors website:

"DO FIXED PENALTY NOTICES GO ON RECORD?

It is not a criminal conviction, yet it can be recorded on the Police National Computer (PCN). An FPN must be declared until it is settled, as a criminal conviction."

Johnson's fixed penalty notice has been paid, so settled. It is not a criminal conviction.

By the way, I consider myself to have a reasonable education, again a reasonable vocabulary, and I don't think I am delusional.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

A quote from the Noble Solicitors website:

"DO FIXED PENALTY NOTICES GO ON RECORD?

It is not a criminal conviction, yet it can be recorded on the Police National Computer (PCN). An FPN must be declared until it is settled, as a criminal conviction."

Johnson's fixed penalty notice has been paid, so settled. It is not a criminal conviction.

By the way, I consider myself to have a reasonable education, again a reasonable vocabulary, and I don't think I am delusional.

OK just to make you feel better, it’s the FPN that makes him a criminal, it’s 1,000 other things. You won’t have to deny reality much longer. A goner he is. Personally I don’t really want him to go, the longer he’s around the more his Party tear themselves apart, unfortunately not in the literal sense.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

The Far Right Neo-Nazi Facist war monger pathologically lying  Conservative party takes quite decent care of the poorer members of UK society . 

Minimal if any taxes they need to pay and they get rather generous benefits and free education  and free health care and often subsidized housing 

The poor pay higher taxes wrt income than any group in society.

Welfare benefits brought into being by Labour and Liberal Governments.

NHS brought into being by a Labour Government.

Public Housing (Addison Act) by a Liberal Government.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The poor pay higher taxes wrt income than any group in society.

Welfare benefits brought into being by Labour and Liberal Governments.

NHS brought into being by a Labour Government.

Public Housing (Addison Act) by a Liberal Government.

The lowest earners pay no tax , those who earn a bit more pay 12 % tax and anyone who earns the average salary pays 40 % tax

The NHS and public housing were bought about 100 years ago and we are talking about the situation today in 2022 , rather then in 1922

• Like 2