What is your plan when China invades Taiwan?

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Reality ... nobody cares about Taiwan, IMHO.

Just like Russia, nothing has happened, a few headliner of rich folks having their toys impounded, and they'll get them back.   EU depends on RU for energy.  Haven't heard any boycotts of that.

The world depends on China's manufacturing, in whole or parts.  The western world would come to a grinding halt in about 2 years if China stopped trading.  Asia, ASEAN & RU alone would keep China going & fed.

Crying about fake inflation now  ....  think how bad it would be if China boycotted you.

I don't disagree.  To be honest, I thought China would have moved on Taiwan already.  There would have to be some consequences.  Just what they would be, and what effect they have, would be interesting. 

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I would organize either a prayer committee, or a voodoo ceremony, with the express intent on inflicting a fatal pox on the house of Xi. Actually, not a bad idea for Putin. 

Im quite sure Usa did have mentalists doing this during the cold war. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The CCP has enough problems as it is with the property sector without sanctions in the mix. Not to mention cities in pandemic lockdown are struggling to get enough meat, rice and fish.

Funny....you have listed the exact reasons why the CCP will move on Taiwan.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, gearbox said:

Lol... don't you find it strange when such "explosive" world changing news is reported only by a couple of Indian newspapers?

Coz India is a close ally of Taiwan

21 hours ago, Leaver said:

Have you considered sanctions being put on China for invading Taiwan? 

I know it seems impossible, because over decades the world has become reliant on China, but there would be some action taken which is bound to effect the world. 

I was not commenting so much on exports from Taiwan, which would also be effected, but mainly actions taken against China by the west, and then China's counter actions. 

What basis would there be for sanctions, it is a domestic dispute not an international "invasion". Ukraine is an internationally recognised sovereign state, Taiwan is not, there is no comparison.

Where were the sanctions when they took over Hong Kong?

In 1965 Rhodesia broke away from the UK and was in limbo, much like Taiwan, for many years. The UK was faced with forcibly taking back control or allowing independence, and chose the latter. China however is more likely to pursue the former.

18 hours ago, Adumbration said:

I find it hilarious that several posters think that there would be no consequences.

And for the many posters who say it will not happen, give me one valid reason why it will not.

There would be a lot of international condemnation but secretly but many in the upper levels of governments would be relieved. Currently very awkward for countries that want to trade with both Taiwan and China.

22 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What basis would there be for sanctions, it is a domestic dispute not an international "invasion". Ukraine is an internationally recognised sovereign state, Taiwan is not, there is no comparison.

In 1965 Rhodesia broke away from the UK and was in limbo, much like Taiwan, for many years. The UK was faced with forcibly taking back control or allowing independence, and chose the latter. China however is more likely to pursue the former.

It comes down to what Usa will do when China invade Thaiwan. The world can not afford to boycott china’s economy. Can we afford to go to war? 

We know their constant promises and warnings given for years now. First they take Taiwan then 

Taipei, Taiwan – US President Joe Biden says he would use force to defend Taiwan if it was attacked by China, appearing to signal a shift away from Washington’s decades-long policy of so-called strategic ambiguity towards the East Asian democracy

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/23/biden-says-us-would-defend-taiwan-if-attacked-by-china

Edited by Hummin

On 6/6/2022 at 6:30 AM, RichardColeman said:

Why worry, it will be the end of the world, Sleepy Dementia Joe already said he would declare war on China basically if they did invade Taiwan. Idiot. Well, the puppet said it before his puppeteers corrected him.

Same old right wing, anti-Biden nonsense I see.

America's relationship with Taiwan was initially a defence pact scoped by the Sino-American Mutual Defense Treaty of 1955. This then developed into the Taiwan Relations Act of 1979. I think even you might agree that these pre-date Biden.

Oh and every US President since Carter (to include Trump who did more to antagonise China over Taiwan than any other US President) has vowed to defend Taiwan.

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 1

China could nuke Taiwan out of existence tomorrow, and the world not only wouldn't, but couldn't do anything about it.

RU wouldn't care, UK military is a joke, and NATO doesn't exist without the USA...

... and the USA ... ????????????????????????

When's the last time they won anything ? 

Yea, I can't think of any time, anywhere either.

USA is the only power, BUT, too busy playing corporate security around the world.  Half their forces spread out, and the other half in mothballs or doesn't work.   

With no 'real' friends in the region, China is a long way from the USA to do anything. 

Just another MSM distractions, while the corporate world steals your money.

War with China ... NO PROFIT

The fake cold war ... hell yea, LOTS OF PROFIT

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

I am fine. 

I feel even finer after having left Betel Nut Island. 

Please don't misunderstand...

Democracy on Formosa is a charade. 

Enjoy your time in the sun under the protective parasol of American military might, while it lasts. 

After that, then Taiwan will surely be strawberry 

Tell us more .. what is the likely outcome on either side in the event of an invasion ? 

2 minutes ago, Sqoop said:

Tell us more .. what is the likely outcome on either side in the event of an invasion ? 

Cina roll over Thaiwan, and then take over? 

Then what? What can Usa do? What can Nato do? Thats the question. 

On 6/5/2022 at 11:11 PM, dj230 said:

How was Thailand affected by Ukraine invading Russia? 

Food and fuel prices, inflation, weaker Baht, high world-wide commodity prices. No Russian tourists, no Russian flight income. Do you need more? 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Fair question. 

No, I am not Mainland Chinese, Waishengren, nor am I Bendiren. 

Neither am I Hakka. 

Neither am I a Taiwan aboriginal person. 

Nor am I a descendant of the Dutch who briefly visited Taiwan, for that matter. 

Still, I was there about the time Jiang Jingguo took over from his corrupt father. 

Poor old Jiang Jingguo... He died a very difficult death, hounded by the press, to his final moments. 

I have always felt sympathy for him, having seen him in his final days. 

Formosan? Halfu?

Didn't mention the rather lengthy Japanese period...

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

China could nuke Taiwan out of existence tomorrow, and the world not only wouldn't, but couldn't do anything about it.

With no 'real' friends in the region, China is a long way from the USA to do anything. 

As has been noted many, many times Biden (like most of his predecessors) has already pledged to defend Taiwan in the face of Chinese aggression. 

Secondly, mainland US is only 14 hours away from China (what with the world being a globe and all that), Hawaii is only 10 hours and Guam is a mere 6 hours. You do also realise that the US has plenty of 'friends' in the area to include Japan and S. Korea where it actually has air bases? 

They might be reluctant to get involved in a Taiwan V China spat but it's not for any of the reasons you have mentioned.

25 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

As has been noted many, many times Biden (like most of his predecessors) has already pledged to defend Taiwan in the face of Chinese aggression. 

Secondly, mainland US is only 14 hours away from China (what with the world being a globe and all that), Hawaii is only 10 hours and Guam is a mere 6 hours. You do also realise that the US has plenty of 'friends' in the area to include Japan and S. Korea where it actually has air bases? 

They might be reluctant to get involved in a Taiwan V China spat but it's not for any of the reasons you have mentioned.

Usa and If Nato get involved, we would need more mainland bases than just South Korea, and Japan. Do not forget North Korea as Chinas allied. 

Pillippines, Thailand, Vietnam would need to support bases, while Laos and Combodia is in Chineese pockets, it could be interesting to see who actually would allow bases and continue being willing to support bases on their mainland. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

RU wouldn't care, UK military is a joke, and NATO doesn't exist without the USA...

... and the USA ... ????????????????????????

When's the last time they won anything ? 

Yea, I can't think of any time, anywhere either.

USA is the only power, BUT, too busy playing corporate security around the world.  Half their forces spread out, and the other half in mothballs or doesn't work.   

I would dear to say, Usa have no future without Nato! 

On 6/5/2022 at 9:53 PM, Denim said:

China wont invade Taiwan. Too much to lose not much to gain. Plus that bit of water between the two countries is a more formidable barrier than a barbed wire fence.

Taiwan is Xi Ji Ping's  he and his gang of cronies obsession, before him Deng XiaoPing, Jiang Zemin and/or HuJintao none were worried much about Taiwan

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You mean NATO has no future without USA.

Ai, please, my father is stronger than yours? 

We are not only talking about nukes here, and as we look back on the constant reminders of decades of military operation failures, it is not always about how many bullets or granades either. It is about strategic solid bases and supply lines, motivation, and also economic. 

We need Usa, Usa need Nato, simple as that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Perhaps it could be turned into whatever the west would want it to be.  Eg.  they are still looking for Saddam's weapons of mass destruction. 

Sure, but times have changed, and due to covid, the west grew weaker, while China grew stronger.

Is the UK communists, with over a billion people, and a global super power?  Your comparison is not relevant. 

There would be a lot of international condemnation but secretly but many in the upper levels of governments would be relieved. Currently very awkward for countries that want to trade with both Taiwan and China.

Are you suggesting the west would do absolutely nothing, other than to "condemn" China's actions in the media? 

19 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Ai, please, my father is stronger than yours? 

We are not only talking about nukes here, and as we look back on the constant reminders of decades of military operation failures, it is not always about how many bullets or granades either. It is about strategic solid bases and supply lines, motivation, and also economic. 

We need Usa, Usa need Nato, simple as that. 

NATO is useless in S China Sea.  OZ is there, that's about it.  You think anyone else in the region wants to pis China off.   I doubt if even Thailand would assist, let USA use airbases.  Not that they would need to, having 4 CSGs in the area.

On 6/5/2022 at 10:47 PM, Leaver said:

Russia invading Ukraine effected the world, and that includes Thailand.

You think China invading Taiwan will not effect the world, also?  

Yes. When CCP Invasion Forces Obliterated in hours, I will hope to have a Ringside TV Seat ????????

• Confused 1