Burglar Caught In Koh Tao

This year, Koh Tao has had a terrible rash of breakins, at both resorts and private residences. Laptops, mobile phones, cash and passports all targetted.

Luckily a thief was caught yesterday after stealing a laptop, passport and cash from a UK policeman on holiday. The visiting policeman recognised and stopped the thief as he was about to board the afternoon Seatran to Chumpon. Apparantly remembered him as being the person loitering around the bungalow before the breakin. I hear the local police searched the thiefs home and found lots of stolen goods under his bed. Any victims of the latest crime wave could check at the police station if their valuables have been recovered. This should be done quickly as the police will likely sell them!

Interestingly the thief wasn't Thai or Burmese. I believe him to be Italian. He is currently being held at the Koh Tao police station.

This seems to be the same here on Samui,over the last few days i have heard 2 reports of these robberies,the usual targets,laptops,cameras and cash,once again the police dont give a s###.Take care people,keep the house locked if your in or not and dont leave anything of value lying around,they will take a chance and come in and rob you,you might be having an afternoon nap,but the cheeky f#####s will come in regardless and come out with some nonsence if caught.Nothing of real value in my house but would love to catch one of them at it.

I one of the victims of all the recent breakin's on Koh Tao so i nipped down the police station to see this guy who they had caught hoping to maybe recover some of my stolen items, unfortunately for me i dont think this was the guy, as he had only been on Koh Tao for the past 4 days, although he had come here equipped to burgle properties, i.e he had a crow bar etc.

He had come fro Koh Phanngan so i guess he has been doing to same over there, so if anybody has been burgled on Koh Phanngan contact Koh Tao police ans see if they have any items that are perhaps yours.

The police here want 140,000 bht from him for his release, sadly for him he hasn't got a baht to his name so its looking like jail , he pleaded with me for food and water and help, i did feel very sorry for him but to be very honest its his own doing and we really do want guys like him here, i just hope it will be a lesson to any other farangs who think they can visit Koh Tao and burgle residents homes.... but some how i doubt it.

Now i'm more security minded so its not so easy to burgle my home, i urge other residents of Koh Tao to do the same as the residents of Koh Phangngan and Samui.... lets keep these scum bags out.

Italian or not italian, he was caught as thief... and not sorry for your words, Koh Tao Man. The law is law. Everywhere. Which prison you think he will meet ? I know that there is a big differences between Samui and Surat thani i.e....

cheers ,

MK

I one of the victims of all the recent breakin's on Koh Tao so i nipped down the police station to see this guy who they had caught hoping to maybe recover some of my stolen items, unfortunately for me i dont think this was the guy, as he had only been on Koh Tao for the past 4 days, although he had come here equipped to burgle properties, i.e he had a crow bar etc.

He had come fro Koh Phanngan so i guess he has been doing to same over there, so if anybody has been burgled on Koh Phanngan contact Koh Tao police ans see if they have any items that are perhaps yours.

The police here want 140,000 bht from him for his release, sadly for him he hasn't got a baht to his name so its looking like jail , he pleaded with me for food and water and help, i did feel very sorry for him but to be very honest its his own doing and we really do want guys like him here, i just hope it will be a lesson to any other farangs who think they can visit Koh Tao and burgle residents homes.... but some how i doubt it.

Now i'm more security minded so its not so easy to burgle my home, i urge other residents of Koh Tao to do the same as the residents of Koh Phangngan and Samui.... lets keep these scum bags out.

Can you explain your post a bit further. Are you saying that after he pays 140k baht he is released end of story? Doesn't sound like much punishment. I would far rather he serve a lenghty prison term to deter other farangs who think breakins are a good idea.

BTW I also hear he had a collection of stolen womens underwear with the stash!

Can you explain your post a bit further. Are you saying that after he pays 140k baht he is released end of story? Doesn't sound like much punishment. I would far rather he serve a lenghty prison term to deter other farangs who think breakins are a good idea.

BTW I also hear he had a collection of stolen womens underwear with the stash! YOU WISH, DONT YOU :o

Tie him up at the end of the pier with a sign round his neck.....theiving bstd 10bht a slap.

Git was caught red handed...

I hear that he is all upset as he has no money etc and has to go jail. Farking good job im sick of wondering if my house will be the same as i left it.

SOM NOM NA fella

Tie him up at the end of the pier with a sign round his neck.....theiving bstd 10bht a slap.

I hear that he is all upset as he has no money etc and has to go jail. Farking good job im sick of wondering if my house will be the same as i left it.

SOM NOM NA fella

I'll 2nd that, stiggy, and have the money go to the victims!

Had my slap, see advatar-LOL

Edited by SamuiJens

SOM NOM NA fella

I'll 2nd that, stiggy, and have the money go to the victims!

Had my slap, see advatar-LOL

I had my house broken into last year & the <deleted>*kers got everything - I'm still going through he_ll trying to sort this out.

Agreed with the sign around this guys neck saying 10B a slap - I would be there all day with a truck load of 10 Baht coins.

Rid Samui of the scum which as invaded over the place last 3 years.

Do not feel sorry for these Robbers!!

I'm with Stiggy on this, too. We had a thief in Haadrin when I lived there many years ago. They caught him (Thai), shackled him, put a sign I am a Thief around his neck and drove him around the village standing in the back of a truck. Then I think they take scum like this to the police station where they do some work on them before tossing in the back of the truck and dumping at the hospital.

But for sure, if you had something stolen check for it now. Else look in the second-hand shops in Surat.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe a samui website would be good.

when you stuff gets nicked you put the infomation of the stuff up on the website.

then when a thief is uncoverd maybe you can find your stuff.

i had a strang break in to my house about 1 year ago.

they smashed my window and took things like rice cookers and left the mini dvd player all the tellies they took my girl friend's small budda statue and left nearly anything that was valuble.

did leave a mess though. glass everywhere which was nice of them.

things like play station 2 and cemara they left. they took my walky talies but left the chargers. they took a small spy caerma that wasn't connected and left the power lead behinde.

madness

maybe a samui website would be good.

when you stuff gets nicked you put the infomation of the stuff up on the website.

then when a thief is uncoverd maybe you can find your stuff.

i had a strang break in to my house about 1 year ago.

they smashed my window and took things like rice cookers and left the mini dvd player all the tellies they took my girl friend's small budda statue and left nearly anything that was valuble.

did leave a mess though. glass everywhere which was nice of them.

things like play station 2 and cemara they left. they took my walky talies but left the chargers. they took a small spy caerma that wasn't connected and left the power lead behinde.

madness

Easy crime scene. Was most likely done by workers that are working here for peanuts, and you should be happy they didn't take you're valuables, and only you're rice cooker and Buddha statue, which they have more need of than you, I would think. NOT that that makes it OK, but if they took your valueables, you'd be worse of, right? So look on the bright side. You say in another thread that there is no crime wave on Samui and you'd rather live here, well, maybe it was a welcoming hint?