Hotel with western Breakfast

mrmicbkktxl

9 hours ago, blackshadow said:

areca lodge central pattaya great buffet brekkie......less than 2k per night has 2 big swimming pools too

I stayed there 20 years ago or may be 15. Forgot what kind of breakfast they had. 

12 hours ago, blackshadow said:

areca lodge central pattaya great buffet brekkie......less than 2k per night has 2 big swimming pools too

No it isn't, mediocre breakfast at best. The pools are nice, but rooms in the old building are tired, poor TV and AC hard to control. Nothing in mini-bars but water and they want 500 deposit for that. Beware of the electric kettles!

Suitable policies for the services the area provides. 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No it isn't, mediocre breakfast at best. The pools are nice, but rooms in the old building are tired, poor TV and AC hard to control. Nothing in mini-bars but water and they want 500 deposit for that. Beware of the electric kettles!

Suitable policies for the services the area provides. 

some people are easily satisfied. to them rubbery eggs and a hot dog is a gourmet delight. 

Sorry to burst the bubble and squeak but a "western" breakfast is not necessarily an "English" breakfast.  From his description sounds like he is seeking a traditional western style which does not include beans, British sausage or black pudding, deep fried toast or a tomato.

I would stay or eat at the Holiday Inn their buffet breakfast is probably what you are seeking.

I'm a fan of Sportsman Soi 13. imho their English breakfast is quite nice although the last time I was there the pork sausage was average. I'll be back in Patts next week, if they have found a new sausage guy then I might have to downgrade them. 

20220203_092755.jpg

3 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Sorry to burst the bubble and squeak but a "western" breakfast is not necessarily an "English" breakfast.  From his description sounds like he is seeking a traditional western style which does not include beans, British sausage or black pudding, deep fried toast or a tomato.

I would stay or eat at the Holiday Inn their buffet breakfast is probably what you are seeking.

I stayed at the Holiday Inn back in December. I wouldn't feed their breakfast to my worst enemy!

On 6/7/2022 at 11:50 AM, KhunBENQ said:

As I suggested. And as the topic starter might come from Germany, Casa Pascal is first choice out of the hotel.

challenge accepted. next time I'm in Pattaya I promise to try this place. been hearing about it for years but tbh I'm not a fan of buffet breakfasts because I tend to overeat hence I've avoided Casa Pascal.

it had better be as good as they say! ????

11 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

challenge accepted. next time I'm in Pattaya I promise to try this place. been hearing about it for years but tbh I'm not a fan of buffet breakfasts because I tend to overeat hence I've avoided Casa Pascal.

it had better be as good as they say! ????

Agree it was good in the past, but actually it has lost its lustre these days. IMHO

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I have been staying at Areca Lodge, Holiday Inn and Avani while in Pattaya (although some years ago). These 3 have a different level and I would personally prefer Avani IMHO. I have as well eaten at Casa Pascal several times, although only at dinner. I would say they are very good so this leaves an open speculation on how good their breakfast is. If it is as good as their other food then this is a must try.

Important for us is as well the variety beyond "Western". My Thai Wife for example favours noodle soup and I like as well a Japanese touch. This can all be had at the Avani. Although living in Pattaya I was already thinking once to go for their breakfast buffet only ! The best buffet quality wise I would rate the one of the Centara Grand in Hua Hin and the one at the Amari Watergate in Bangkok might be the one with the largest variety although it comes along a bit chaotic. It is really big, this is maybe the reason why.

Overall (incl. style and setting) the Centara wins in my opinion from all I have tried myself. I have actually forgotten how the Mandarin Oriental was, but surely not the worst at all and maybe the best - but strange enough I really forgot (Alzheimer ?). Depends of course as well what you like. Things that BritManToo seems to enjoy do not fit my palate, but everybody on his own ! For us the breakfast buffet has a big importance. At the other end, the worst breakfast I ever had was in Rome in an otherwise quite luxurious venue, but you cannot believe what they regard as a decent breakfast there. Can choose between amusing and terrible.

10 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

some people are easily satisfied. to them rubbery eggs and a hot dog is a gourmet delight. 

I really hate the rubbish some serve up called an American B/F.  A fried hot dog, cold rubbery eggs and maybe a slice of cold ham....bitter coffee. Usually accompanied with surly service. 

On 6/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, BritManToo said:

Doesn't look awesome to me, this is awesome .........

IMG_20160820_082019.jpg

Sausage, bacon, eggs and a nice cuppa would normally constitute most of an excellent breakfast, but the effort put into your one seems to have been lacking by quite a bit.

7 hours ago, treetops said:

Sausage, bacon, eggs and a nice cuppa would normally constitute most of an excellent breakfast, but the effort put into your one seems to have been lacking by quite a bit.

A sausage that looks as if it is well passed it's sell by date, or more accurately, simply looks like it has been passed, maybe won't suit all!

On 6/10/2022 at 5:42 AM, bkk6060 said:

He wants a USA breakfast. For example, pancakes, bacon, eggs etc. with maple syrup and butter like you would get at a Denny's Diner in the USA. Not beans and weird sausages or hot dogs.

Edited by JimTripper

Centara have, but out of budget. There are a few guesthouses or used to be who had great breakfest, but post COVID no idea. 

Latest I visited during COVID was Vickans at Jomtien who still had great breakfest 2021 Nov.

Normally I book decent hotels without breakfest, and google nearby "best egg and bacon"

Breakfest club is an decent option