Yellow book/pink id and move to another province?

42 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Will the yellow book/pink id be valid/can use if we move to another province in thailand? Or is it only valid in the province it was issued? 

The yellow book belongs to the house, not to a person. So if the house stays where it is, the yellow book stays there as well.

• Like 2

I have a yellow book/pink ID still active from my condo in Bangkok, but I have lived in Ratchaburi for the past several years.  I went to the Ratchaburi IO and my current registered address and is that which I’ve been doing extensions of stay and 90 reports. The pink I’d is in my wallet and yellow book in the safe.  Until now (knock on wood) I’ve not had any issues.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not entirely true, the book is tied to the person listed inside of it and so is the Pink Non Thai ID card 13 digit number which is the same.  This number follows you, and would not change.  When I divorced and Moved to BKK, I bought a new residence here, The local Amphur in Udon had me keep the yellow book instead of canceling it because of this issue.  I was instructed, and given a document to give to the Khet here in BKK so they could remove the old Address, and using my condos bluebook change the address in the yellow book which is what they did.  It was just done at the end of last year.  Many have said the yellow book would be canceled and a new one issued with the same number with an annotation placed in the new book, but the Khet here just struck out the old residence and put in the new one with a handwritten annotation in the lower section.  Took a few days as the Khet had to verify everything with the upcountry Amphur, but in the end it was done.  This year my Pink ID card is up for renewal in November, and we shall see what the local Khet does for me at that time.  My DL's are also up for renewal then as well, and I am hoping to consolidate all of the addresses to my residence here in BKK.

Thanks for info! Btw for how long is the pink id valid after issued? 

6 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

If I remember correctly prior to 60 it is valid for 5 years but after 60 it for life, at least that is what they gave me last year.

Very strange as it's gives a valid from to until date on it. Lower front left...10 years 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

If I remember correctly prior to 60 it is valid for 5 years but after 60 it for life, at least that is what they gave me last year.

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Very strange as it's gives a valid from to until date on it. Lower front left...10 years 

It could vary by province... 

My Pink ID card has 10 years validity - it was issued in Bangkok)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mine was issued in Udon Thani....now re-registered here in BKK

7 hours ago, jackson2513 said:

I have a yellow book/pink ID still active from my condo in Bangkok, but I have lived in Ratchaburi for the past several years.  I went to the Ratchaburi IO and my current registered address and is that which I’ve been doing extensions of stay and 90 reports. The pink I’d is in my wallet and yellow book in the safe.  Until now (knock on wood) I’ve not had any issues.  

That doesn't sound right, as I thought you had to do your extension, in the province you reside.  For you, registered address/yellow book, that would be Bangkok.  How are you doin ext. at Ratchaburi.

Unless you are giving them a Ratchaburi address for you visa ext.

1 hour ago, sanook 1 said:

Yes for now. 

Then you should be good. That's what most Thais do when working somewhere else in the country and renting a flat, they keep their home addres with their family. 

Myself had address with their family for years even not living there only visiting. Open bank, bought car and motorbikes, and used the address for my first retirement visa and extension.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

That doesn't sound right, as I thought you had to do your extension, in the province you reside.  For you, registered address/yellow book, that would be Bangkok.  How are you doin ext. at Ratchaburi.

The yellow book has nothing to do with immigration. If somebody has filed a TM30 for him in ratchaburi then he is considered as staying in ratchaburi as far as immigration is concerned, so he does his extension there.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My previous card had a time validity, but the numbers were fading and becoming unreadable so I went for a replacement this is what the gave me, I'm assured by the wife it is for life.

pink card validity.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, KhunLA said:

Yes, I own a home in Ratchaburi and it's the address for which I have a residence certificate and registered with the immigration office.  I live a few Kms from the Ratchaburi immigration office so I'm there every 90 days.  Most of the folks in the office recognize and remember me and I'm usually in and out in less that 10 mins each time.  My last annual extension of stay and multi re-entry was done in about the same time too.  Btw, I gave a copy of my yellow book and pink ID to the Ratchaburi immigration office and as I mentioned earlier, I've not had any issues thus far.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, KhunLA said:

Just don't show your yellow book or pink card to immigration.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It saves you carrying your passport.

I used for hotel check ins when asked for ID, as they can't process that with Imm, since not having all info required on it.

Hence before they did away with the TM30 silliness, we didn't have to file one every time out of province, which was quite often.  As far is imm is concerned, I never leave home ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I used for hotel check ins when asked for ID

I did the same recently in Pattaya. My Thai wife and I were checking into the Dusit Thani, and my passport was with a carry-on bag, where the hotel 'porter' had taken the carry-on bag and placed with the remainder of the luggage of my wife and myself. 

At hotel reception I was asked for my passport and I started looking around for the porter ...  where did he disappear?

My wife said, just give the hotel receptionist your 'pink ID'.  I did, and they accept that. Copied the pink-ID, and returned it to me.

So on a rare occasion the 'pink ID' can come in handy.

(Eventually the porter did show up with our luggage in our room - and I'll be more careful next time with regard to my passport/luggage).

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

On 6/7/2022 at 4:34 PM, FriendlyFarang said:

The yellow book belongs to the house, not to a person. So if the house stays where it is, the yellow book stays there as well.

Blue Book: required to Buy & Sell House.

Yellow Book: not required to buy or sell house so in my case doesn’t exist for new house buyer .

Also , I don’t recall the “ house” expending blood sweat tears to get it … oh that was ME!

so YB stays with me as “ war booty”. New owner has to go through what I did in any case. Having an existing YB is of no help to any new owner. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

I did the same recently in Pattaya. My Thai wife and I were checking into the Dusit Thani, and my passport was with a carry-on bag, where the hotel 'porter' had taken the carry-on bag and placed with the remainder of the luggage of my wife and myself. 

At hotel reception I was asked for my passport and I started looking around for the porter ...  where did he disappear?

My wife said, just give the hotel receptionist your 'pink ID'.  I did, and they accept that. Copied the pink-ID, and returned it to me.

So on a rare occasion the 'pink ID' can come in handy.

(Eventually the porter did show up with our luggage in our room - and I'll be more careful next time with regard to my passport/luggage).

Thai Drivers License ( also Govt. Photo ID) is accepted everywhere so way more useful. Even Govt Hospital didn’t accept my pink ID and I hear national parks, outside pink card province of issue, won’t accept it either ! 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, Neeranam said:

It saves you carrying your passport.

Er, no. Thai Drivers License more common, easier to get and more widely accepted here )as Govt. Photo ID). Can use the rarer & difficult Pink Card for Domestic Flights & Hotels but even my local Govt. Hospital wouldn’t accept it !????

• Like 1