Thai LGBTQ+ Community Hotly Anticipates Same-Sex Union Bills

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No problem. Say you're man and wife. Sorted. He was talking about a simple legal solution.

So I can still have "I now pronounce you man and wife" in the ceremony and "man" and "wife" on all legal paperwork?  Not based on what the previous user suggested.

Marriage is traditionally a ceremony of joining together a man and woman as man and wife.  If you want a civil partnership, with all the same rights and regulations as a marriage, go for it.  But when you say "I want to take something from you to make things better for someone else", obviously you're going to meet some resistance.

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You're complaining a total TRIVIALITY as if it would be OK to deny an entire class of people basic civil rights because of some petty language fetish.

Of course you need to pretend that it is trivial, or it appears trivial to you, it goes against something that you want.

I don't want to deny anyone anything.  You want to do that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

No I don't. This conversation is over. Same sex marriage is no skin off your ass. You're not fooling anyone. Another one that wants LGBTQ people in the back of the bus FOREVER. 

It's quite simple.  You can give give to some, but where you need to take from others to do it, it isn't fair.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blazes said:

I don't have a problem with gays marrying or whatever, but I do wish they would stop referring to their spouses as either husband or wife.  It causes unnecessary (but probably deliberate) confusion as one does a double-take.

(What's wrong with "partner"?)

i guess you're easily confused

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Orinoco said:

The way some poster are going on, on this thread, they would have you believe the whole world is gay.

well it's not.

Nobody said it is. LGBTQ represents a bunch of sexual MINORITIES that do indeed have an international political agenda  To be treated fairly, with respect, without discrimination or oppression, and with equal legal civil rights as the majority. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Children deserver a mother and a father. Same sex couples will never be able to give children what they deserve. One father and one mother.

And naturally they can't have children. Good.

Of course you are correct, its natures way also but of course mother nature's natural rules and laws mean nothing to those who choose to disregard it.

• Like 1

Personally,i could not care less if a man wants to have sex with another man or a woman wants sex with another woman,i have one of each in the family,they through the years have just got on with their lives ,sick of gaypride,gay marches rainbow flags rainbow zebra crossings and on and on .just get on quietly with your lives ,or should we have straight parades,straight flags on and on .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nobody said it is. LGBTQ represents a bunch of sexual MINORITIES that do indeed have an international political agenda  To be treated fairly, with respect, without discrimination or oppression, and with equal legal civil rights as the majority. 

Come on, you missed the plus (+) out.

i'm sure it counts as well. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So why cant us poor people have the same as rich people i want equality with them and the same amount of money and a mansion as well,it only fair.

Sometimes Jing minorities just have to get on with their lives,quietly.

Know your place innit.

15 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So why cant us poor people have the same as rich people i want equality with them and the same amount of money and a mansion as well,it only fair.

Sometimes Jing minorities just have to get on with their lives,quietly.

It's over rated,  it doesn't make me happy. :giggle:

Edited by Orinoco

Just now, PJ71 said:

Agree 100%.

Loving same sex marraiges do not offer this no matter how much they think they do.

Then there is the stigma, mocking that will inevitably happen in the playground.

Interracial couples shouldn't have children because of bigots. Sure thing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I know a gay couple, very good friends of me and my family. They explained it to me some time ago that it's not about the sex. It's about making decisions like whether or not to pull the plug should that dreadful day ever come. People should really take a bigger interest in minding their own business.

Equal rights

14 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

It's quite simple.  You can give give to some, but where you need to take from others to do it, it isn't fair.

What would be taken from you, your legal rights would not be impacted

I have no problem with LGBTQ+ marriages.

Until the day that a Thai man marries a foreign man, and the foreign man is absolved of any financial requirements in order to obtain a visa based on marriage. 

That's the day that I declare that I identify as a woman, and my Thai wife identifies as a man, and she declares that as my husband she is supporting my marriage extension here in Thailand.

I'm all for it.  Let's do it!  :thumbsup:

• Like 2