Thai LGBTQ+ Community Hotly Anticipates Same-Sex Union Bills

snoop1130

9 hours ago, connda said:

You mock my sexuality and sexual identity?  Shame. 
You should seek the femininity within yourself. 
But don't mock me.  I've lived with this for years.  Downtrodden as a woman in a biological man's body.
I knew when I was 6 year old and my parent gave me a kilt.
I felt the woman in me.  I spun in circles.  I was ecstatic.  I embraced the feminine.  And my parents? No more kilts. Be a boy.
But I'm force to deny me sexuality due to social ostracization.
I am who I am!

She/Her.  Respect that!

Sincerely, I guess he will reply directly, I do not think he was mocking you 

On the contrary he was abiding by your wish

12 hours ago, Puccini said:

If this acronym which started out as LGB and over the years gradually grew to LGBTQIAX+, or perhaps even longer, is intended to encompass everybody and everything that is not heterosexual, why do the adherents of this group or these groups not use the shorter and simpler acronym H- to signify non-heterosexual?

Funny thing is, since the "T" arrived it's actually started to alienate a lot of the LGB.  There are even some LGBs that want to move away from the group altogether, hence the LGB Alliance was formed.

The problem with the initialism is that each member wants to be recognised independently in the name.  It's really all about power.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Funny thing is, since the "T" arrived it's actually started to alienate a lot of the LGB.  There are even some LGBs that want to move away from the group altogether, hence the LGB Alliance was formed.

The problem with the initialism is that each member wants to be recognised independently in the name.  It's really all about power.

Yes, power and virtue signalling (which of course is another expression of the urge to power).

As a hetero male (sorry, Alphabeteers), I gain a lot of pleasure from the insurrection of the feminists against the trans men and their weird and vicious insistence on taking part in female sports' events.  3 cheers for J.K. Rowling....

• Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, Adelphi said:

Sorry but I don’t understand. Maybe you could tell the other half of the story so we can all understand what you mean.

ok. A poster said that being caalled husband and wife, in the case of same sex, would cause confusion. You said, oh no confusion at all, a man married to a man comes and introduces his partner as "my husband", indeed everybody expects to see a man.

I said that the opposite is less clear: a man married to a man comes and introduces his partner as "my wife", I think almost everybody expects to see a woman, hence the confusion.

The society has made enough progress to recognize same-sex marriages, the language not yet.

btw, the woman-woman couples are a bit different, often the one that is "the man" in the relationship does indeed dress and carry herself in a way to be easily seen as a male.

Edited by arithai12

7 minutes ago, arithai12 said:
On 6/10/2022 at 8:37 PM, Adelphi said:

Sorry but I don’t understand. Maybe you could tell the other half of the story so we can all understand what you mean.

ok. A poster said that being caalled husband and wife, in the case of same sex, would cause confusion. You said, oh no confusion at all, a man married to a man comes and introduces his partner as "my husband", indeed everybody expects to see a man.

I said that the opposite is less clear: a man married to a man comes and introduces his partner as "my wife", I think almost everybody expects to see a woman, hence the confusion.

The society has made enough progress to recognize same-sex marriages, the language not yet.

btw, the woman-woman couples are a bit different, often the one that is "the man" in the relationship does indeed dress and carry herself in a way to be easily seen as a male.

So men in dresses pretending to be a women is not the same as a women wearing trousers pretending to be a man in your eyes ? Why is that then ?

45 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Indeed,

And in Thailand 'the man' (Tom) in a woman-woman relationship seems to be able to pull very hot birds....

It's interesting for sure although i'm told it's normally just expirementing for some of these woman to try 'a Tom'.

4 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Indeed,

And in Thailand 'the man' (Tom) in a woman-woman relationship seems to be able to pull very hot birds....

It's interesting for sure although i'm told it's normally just expirementing for some of these woman to try 'a Tom'.

The western equivalence is college lesbianism.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

So men in dresses pretending to be a women is not the same as a women wearing trousers pretending to be a man in your eyes ? Why is that then ?

I think you are confusing man-man couples with man-ladyboy or man-transvestite couples. The former is the one we were discussing in my reply to the poster that asked me to clarify. I think in most married man-man couples at least in the west both will wear man's attire.

6 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I think you are confusing man-man couples with man-ladyboy or man-transvestite couples. The former is the one we were discussing in my reply to the poster that asked me to clarify. I think in most married man-man couples at least in the west both will wear man's attire.

Definitely not talking about ladyboys, I would have said so if I were. Nor am I talking about cross dressers. The only thing I am confused about is why " men in dresses pretending to be a women is not the same as a women wearing trousers pretending to be a man in your eyes ? Why is that then ?"  I accept that it is not all, perhaps only a small % but nonetheless some do so please explain to me why it is any different ?

Edited by Excel

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Definitely not talking about ladyboys, I would have said so if I were. Nor am I talking about cross dressers. The only thing I am confused about is why " men in dresses pretending to be a women is not the same as a women wearing trousers pretending to be a man in your eyes ? Why is that then ?"  I accept that it is not all, perhaps only a small % but nonetheless some do so please explain to me why it is any different ?

Yes, if you want to discuss "men in dresses pretending to be a woman" then you are right, it should cause no confusion which one is called "husband" and which one is called "wife".

I have to admit that I am not too familiar with the differences between "cross dresser" or "men in dresses pretending to be a woman".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

If you castrate a bull, it does not become a cow. 

A castrated bull is called a “steer” in the majority of cases. Outside of North America, an old steer is referred to as a “bullock.”

So I repeat my point that a post op ex "ladyboy" is no longer a "ladyboy" but a lady!

Edited by DezLez

3 minutes ago, DezLez said:

A castrated bull is called a “steer” in the majority of cases. Outside of North America, an old steer is referred to as a “bullock.”

But it is still not referred to as a cow which was the point   @Yellowtail was making

11 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Yes, if you want to discuss "men in dresses pretending to be a woman" then you are right, it should cause no confusion which one is called "husband" and which one is called "wife".

I have to admit that I am not too familiar with the differences between "cross dresser" or "men in dresses pretending to be a woman".

Frankly I will not be familiar with any of them type but each to his or her own as they say ????

18 hours ago, tgw said:

I think your list of appellations lacks descriptive terms that center on a person's exterior aspect.

I have difficulties with terms whose meanign shifts over time, such as "androgyne", which in the past was understood as describing persons whose appearance is neither clearly masculine nor clearly feminine, without involving the person's own feelings about sexual identity.

Also, what about gynandromorph.

And then there are sexual orientations and roles.

Many of the terms in your list are based on "genders", which is either unhelpful in describing orientations and roles, or normative and restrictive, borderline intolerant towards what doesn't fit into gender roles or gender orientations.

A good example of this are persons who see themselves as "transwomen". Born male, they see themselves as 100% women within strict gender categories, hate any aspect of their body that doesn't conform to their vision (i.e. penis), do all operations to be as similar to as woman as possible. But they do not stop there, they are also completely intolerant towards others that don't fit into the classical male-female genders. For example, they see ladyboys who don't wish to have SRS as disgusting monsters.

This particular example struck me, that's why I remember it and write it here.

In my opinion, making more categories and labels is counterproductive, it just leads to having more boxes with which to subject people to more prejudice.

Of course. I agree with you, and it is likely so do most. The list was simply intended to amplify how ridiculous this whole thing has become. For instance - well, I am straight. But this morning I felt like being with a guy. But, I am not bisexual. I am pansexual. Big difference. LOL.

12 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Don't be fooled. The LGB Alliance are an anti-trans hate group with affiliations to anti-LGBT groups in the U.S.  See here for details:

Edited by Baht Simpson

5 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Don't be fooled. The LGB Alliance are an anti-trans hate group with affiliations to anti-LGBT groups in the U.S.  See here for details:

Don't be fooled, indeed. 

"Hate groups"  have become merely organizations or people with whom a different group disagrees.

The LGB Allliance was formed in opposition to the Stonewall group that seeks to encourage "transitions" in children.  So (natch) the Stonewallers would call the Alliance a "hate group".

It would not be surprising if, soon, contributors to Asean News threads start accusing each other of "hate speech" when they disagree on the latest hot topic.

I offer this Wiki link below, not because it is "better" than your Twitter reference, but because it shows how tiresome and hateful this transition "debate" has become.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGB_Alliance