Thai LGBTQ+ Community Hotly Anticipates Same-Sex Union Bills

snoop1130

Just now, connda said:

I have no problem with LGBTQ+ marriages.

Until the day that a Thai man marries a foreign man, and the foreign man is absolved of any financial requirements in order to obtain a visa based on marriage. 

That's the day that I declare that I identify as a woman, and my Thai wife identifies as a man, and she declares that as my husband she is supporting my marriage extension here in Thailand.

I'm all for it.  Let's do it!  :thumbsup:

If you can't beat them - join them!  ❤️????️‍????

Edited by connda

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're making up problems that do not exist. If it's two men and they present as men calling one of them wife is an obvious insult. Are you serious with these questions or playing games? 

Ok.  My Thai wife is now my Husband and I'm her Wife.

I want equal representation as a foreign woman (wife) married to a Thai man (husband).  But in this case I demand to be called The Wife and my spouse The Husband. 
And as The Wife, I have not financial requirements and can apply of citizenship after three years of marriage. 

It's only equitable.  Now where did I put my tampons.  ????

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No I don't. This conversation is over. Same sex marriage is no skin off your ass. You're not fooling anyone. Another one that wants LGBTQ people in the back of the bus FOREVER. 

No.  I don't.  I want to be identified as my partner's Wife and my partner as my Husband.  Absolutely.  Sexually I feel - so effeminate.  It it wasn't for these terrible social conformity I would have come out years ago. 

I am a woman.  And my Thai national partner is a man.
I want equality under Thai law! 

There!  I've been so afraid before, but now it's time to Come Out.  Thailand needs to do the right thing as far LGBTQ+.  I want my rights as a man who inside is really a woman.  And my partner is just such a hot man.  Such a hunk.  I love him!!!  ????

Edited by connda

9 minutes ago, connda said:

Ok.  My Thai wife is now my Husband and I'm her Wife.

I want equal representation as a foreign woman (wife) married to a Thai man (husband).  But in this case I demand to be called The Wife and my spouse The Husband. 
And as The Wife, I have not financial requirements and can apply of citizenship after three years of marriage. 

It's only equitable.  Now where did I put my tampons.  ????

LGBTQ foreigners have no immigration rights here based on relationships with Thais. They are not likely to in future either. So I consider your post tone deaf at best.  But definitely HOSTILE.

Edited by Jingthing

4 minutes ago, connda said:

No.  I don't.  I want to be identified as my partner's Wife and my partner as my Husband.  Absolutely.  Sexually I feel - so effeminate.  It it wasn't for these terrible social conformity I would have come out years ago. 

Inane hetero resentment.

20 minutes ago, connda said:

If you can't beat them - join them!  ❤️????️‍????

You want to be in a class of people with zero.immigration rights based on relationships with Thais and no marriage allowed? Dude that is cray cray.

6 minutes ago, connda said:

There!  I've been so afraid before, but now it's time to Come Out.  Thailand needs to do the right thing as far LGBTQ+.  I want my rights as a man who inside is really a woman.  And my partner is just such a hot man.  Such a hunk.  I love him!!!  ????

From now on I want to be referred to as my proper pronouns.

Me:  She/Her or Hers, Herself
My Thai national partner:  He/Him or His, Himself

It will make me very unconformable if members do no use our proper pronouns that we have chosen.

1 minute ago, connda said:

From now on I want to be referred to as my proper pronouns.

Me:  She/Her or Hers, Herself
My Thai national partner:  He/Him or His, Himself

It will make me very unconformable if members do no use our proper pronouns that we have chosen.

OK maam

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You want to be in a class of people with zero.immigration rights based on relationships with Thais and no marriage allowed? Dude that is cray cray.

No.  At the time being the Thai government only recognizes biological males and biological females.  So under current laws?  They see me as a "Husband" and my partner as my "Wife." 

But it needs to change.  He (my Thai national partner) need to be called my husband, and I his foreign national partner needs to be referred to as his 'wife.' 

It is the only correct and right thing to do when these laws changed. 
And I'm all for these outdated, sexist laws to change!!! They must change. 

Edited by connda

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

OK maam

You mock my sexuality and sexual identity?  Shame. 
You should seek the femininity within yourself. 
But don't mock me.  I've lived with this for years.  Downtrodden as a woman in a biological man's body.
I knew when I was 6 year old and my parent gave me a kilt.
I felt the woman in me.  I spun in circles.  I was ecstatic.  I embraced the feminine.  And my parents? No more kilts. Be a boy.
But I'm force to deny me sexuality due to social ostracization.
I am who I am!

She/Her.  Respect that!

Edited by connda

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

I like Thailand,men are men and called he,women are women and called she end of( yes i know theres ladyboys ) and thats what their called sick of new " pronouns" being thought up daily in the west.

As I said earlier, the minority woke community think they are entitled to control the majority. If they can't get their own way they spit their dummies out, cry prejudice as that will always hit the headlines. This pandering has to stop sometime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I am old fashioned. I have many gay and lesbian friends, and most I know are really wonderful people. And I have met a number of ladyboys over the years, casually. Cannot really relate to that culture, but to each his own. It is a huge and highly accepted culture here. All good.

It is the other ones I am having an increasingly hard time comprehending. And not only all of the myriad of designations, but the whole PC culture surrounding the designation, the insistence on us using the right terminology, and all the rest that goes along with the uber PC acceptance stuff. 

When I grew up if you liked guys you were either gay or bisexual. Now? Here is a list of sexual descriptions, many of which are legally accepted within the US and the EU. What can one say?

AFAB

Acronym meaning “assigned female at birth.”

Agender

Someone who doesn’t identify with the idea or experience of having a gender.

Aliagender

A nonbinary gender identity that doesn’t fit into existing gender schemas or constructs.

AMAB

Acronym meaning “assigned male at birth.”

Androgyne

Someone who has a gender presentation or identity that’s gender-neutral, androgynous, or has both masculine and feminine characteristics. 

Aporagender

Both an umbrella term and nonbinary gender identity describing the experience of having a specific gender that’s different from man, woman, or any combination of the two.

Bigender

This term describes someone who identifies with two distinct genders. Bigender indicates the number of gender identities someone has. 

It doesn’t indicate which genders someone identifies with or the level of identification they have with a particular gender (such as 50 percent male, 50 percent demigirl). 

Boi

A term, primarily used in LGBTQIA+ Communities of Color, that typically describes someone who has a presentation, sexuality, or gender that’s considered “boyish.” 

Butch

Primarily used in LGBTQIA+ communities, this term typically describes someone with a presentation, sexuality, or gender that’s considered masculine. Butch doesn’t necessarily indicate the other terms that someone might use to describe their presentation, sexuality, or gender. 

Cisgender

A term used to describe people who exclusively identify with the sex and gender they were assigned at birth.

Cishet

A term that refers to someone who is both cisgender and heterosexual.

Cisnormativity

The assumption that a person identifies with the sex or gender they were assigned at birth, or that having a cisgender gender identity is the norm. 

Demiboy

This nonbinary gender identity describes someone who partially identifies with being a boy, man, or masculine. The term demiboy tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to someone at birth. A demiboy can be cisgender or trans. 

Demigender

This umbrella term typically includes nonbinary gender identities and uses the prefix “demi-” to indicate the experience of having a partial identification or connection to a particular gender. This may include: demigirl, demiboy, demienby, demitrans 

Demigirl 

This nonbinary gender identity describes someone who partially identifies with being a girl, woman, womxn, or feminine. The term demigirl tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to someone at birth.  A demigirl can be cisgender or trans. 

Dyadic

This describes people who have sex characteristics — such as chromosomes, hormones, internal organs, or anatomy — that can be easily categorized into the binary sex framework of male or female. Dyadic conveys information about someone’s sex characteristics but doesn’t indicate anything about their gender.

Feminine-of-center 

This describes people who experience their gender as feminine or femme. 

Some feminine-of-center people also identify with the word “woman,” but others don’t. The term feminine-of-center tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to them at birth. 

Feminine-presenting

This describes people who have a gender expression or presentation that they or others categorize as feminine. Feminine-presenting is a term that captures the part of someone’s gender that’s shown externally, either through aspects of their style, appearance, physical traits, mannerisms, or body language. This term doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about the way someone identifies their gender or the gender or sex assigned to them at birth. 

Femme

This is a label for a gender identity or expression that describes someone with a gender that is or leans toward feminine. 

Some femmes also identify with the term “woman,” while many others don’t. Femme indicates the way someone experiences or expresses their gender and doesn’t provide any information about the gender or sex assigned to them at birth. 

Female-to-male (FTM)

This term is most commonly used to refer to trans males, trans men, and some transmasculine people who were assigned female at birth. 

It’s important to only use this term if someone wants to be referred to this way, as some trans men and transmasculine people use terms that don’t include or indicate the sex they were assigned at birth. 

Gender apathetic

This term describes someone who doesn’t strongly identify with any gender or with any gender labels. Some gender apathetic people also use terms that indicate their relationship with the sex or gender assigned to them at birth — such as cis apathetic or trans apathetic — while others don’t. Generally, people who are gender apathetic display an attitude of flexibility, openness, and “not caring” about how gender identity or presentation is perceived and labeled by others. 

Gender dysphoria 

This is both a medical diagnosis and an informal term used to communicate challenging feelings or distress people experience in relation to gender. The medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria refers to a conflict between someone’s assigned sex (as male, female, or intersex) and their gender identity. When used informally, gender dysphoria describes interactions, assumptions, physical traits, or body parts that don’t feel affirming or inclusive of someone’s expressed or experienced gender. 

Gender expansive

An umbrella term that’s used to refer to people who subvert or don’t conform to society’s dominant view of gender. This could include trans people, nonbinary people, people who are gender nonconforming, and more.

Gender nonconforming 

This term is used to describe people with a gender expression or presentation that’s different from cultural or social stereotypes associated with the person’s perceived or assigned gender or sex. Gender nonconforming isn’t a gender identity, though some people do self-identify using this term. It doesn’t convey any information about the way someone experiences gender internally. 

More accurately, gender nonconforming is a term used to describe physical traits in relation to socially and culturally defined gender categories. 

People of any gender — cis, trans, or nonbinary — can be gender nonconforming. 

Gender normative 

A term used to describe gender traits or identities that are perceived to fall within social norms and expectations. 

Gender questioning

A person who’s questioning one or multiple aspects of their gender, such as their gender identity or expression.

Gender variant 

Similar to gender nonconforming, gender variant is an umbrella term used to describe people with a gender identity, expression, or presentation that’s different from the perceived social norm or dominant group. Some people dislike this term because of its potential to perpetuate misinformation and negative stigma about noncisgender gender identities and nonconforming presentation being less “normal” or naturally occurring. 

Genderfluid 

This label is used to describe gender identity or expression. 

It involves the experience of moving between genders or having a gender that changes over a particular period of time. For example, from moment to moment, day to day, month to month, year to year, or decade to decade.

Genderfu**

Similar to the term “gender bender,” this term involves the act of combating or dismantling the gender binary and stereotypes through a gender identity, expression, or presentation that challenges existing norms and expectations in a given cultural context.

Genderqueer

This nonbinary gender identity and term describes someone with a gender that can’t be categorized as exclusively man or woman, or exclusively masculine or feminine. People who are genderqueer experience and express gender in different ways. This can include neither, both, or a combination of man, woman, or nonbinary genders.

Gendervoid

A term that describes someone without a gender identity. Although it’s similar to agender, gendervoid is usually associated with a feeling of loss or lack.

Graygender

A gender term that describes someone who experiences ambivalence about gender identity or expression, and doesn’t fully identify with a binary gender that’s exclusively man or woman.

Intergender

A nonbinary gender identity that describes the experience of having a gender that falls somewhere in between woman and man or is a mix of both man and woman.

Intersex

An umbrella term that describes people who have sex characteristics — such as chromosomes, internal organs, hormones, or anatomy — that can’t be easily categorized into the binary sex framework of male or female. Intersex conveys information about a person’s sex characteristics but doesn’t indicate anything about their gender identity. 

Masculine-of-center 

This term describes people who experience their gender as masculine or masc. Some masculine-of-center people also identify with the word “man,” but many others don’t. The term masculine-of-center tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to them at birth. 

Masculine-presenting 

This term describes people who have a gender expression or presentation that they or others categorize as masculine. 

Masculine-presenting captures the part of someone’s gender that’s shown externally, either through aspects of their style, appearance, physical traits, mannerisms, or body language. This term doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about the way someone identifies their gender or the gender or sex assigned to them. 

Maverique 

This nonbinary gender identity emphasizes the inner experience of gender. It describes those who experience gender or have a core gender identity that’s independent of existing categories and definitions of gender, man or woman, masculine or feminine, and androgynous or neutral. 

Male-to-female (MTF). This term is most commonly used to refer to trans women and some transfeminine people who were assigned male at birth. It’s important to only use this term if someone prefers to be referred to this way, as some trans women and some transfeminine people prefer to use terms that don’t include or overtly indicate the sex they were assigned at birth. 

Multi-gender 

This umbrella term is used to describe people who experience more than one gender identity. Other gender labels that fall under the multi-gender umbrella include:

bigender

trigender

pangender

polygender

In some cases, gender fluid may also fall under this umbrella.

Neutrois 

This nonbinary identity and umbrella term is used to describe people who have a gender that isn’t exclusively man or woman. 

Neutrois can be a broader term encompassing other gender identities, such as nonbinary, agender, genderfluid, or genderless.

Nonbinary 

Also referred to as “enby,” this is a gender identity and umbrella term for gender identities that can’t be exclusively categorized as man or woman. 

Individuals who are nonbinary can experience gender a variety of ways, including a combination of man and woman, neither man nor woman, or something else altogether. Some nonbinary individuals are trans, while many others don’t. Whether a nonbinary person is also trans typically depends on the extent to which that person identifies, even partially, with the sex and gender assigned to them at birth. 

Novigender

People who use this gender identity experience having a gender that can’t be described using existing language due to its complex and unique nature. 

Omnigender 

A nonbinary gender identity that describes people who experience all or many gender identities on the gender spectrum simultaneously or over time. Similar to pangender.

Pangender (aka Pansexual)

A nonbinary gender identity that describes people who experience all or many gender identities on the gender spectrum simultaneously or over time. Similar to omnigender.

Polygender 

This gender identity term describes the experience of having multiple gender identities simultaneously or over time. This term indicates the number of gender identities someone experiences but doesn’t necessarily indicate which genders are included in the given person’s polygender identity.

Soft butch 

Both a gender identity and term used to describe the nonconforming gender expression of someone who has some masculine or butch traits, but doesn’t fully fit the stereotypes associated with masculine or butch cisgender lesbians. 

Stone butch 

Both a gender identity and term used to describe the nonconforming gender expression of someone who embodies traits associated with feminine butchness or stereotypes associated with traditional masculinity. 

Third gender 

Originating in non-Western and Indigenous cultures, third gender is a gender category that includes people who have a gender that can’t be exclusively categorized as man or woman, or is different from man or woman. 

Transfeminine 

A gender identity label that conveys the experience of having a feminine gender identity that’s different from the gender or sex that was assigned at birth. 

Transgender or trans

Both an umbrella term including many gender identities and a specific gender identity that describes those with a gender identity that’s different from the gender or sex assigned at birth.

Transmasculine 

A gender identity label that conveys the experience of having a masculine gender identity that’s different than the gender or sex that was assigned at birth. 

Transitioning 

The act of making physical, social, medical, surgical, interpersonal, or personal changes that help to affirm gender or address gender dysphoria. 

Transsexual 

Falling under the transgender umbrella, transsexual is a word that was medically and historically used to indicate a difference between one’s gender identity (i.e., the internal experience of gender) and sex assigned at birth (as male, female, or intersex). 

Transsexual is often (though not always) used to communicate that one’s experience of gender involves a medical diagnosis or medical changes — such as hormones or surgery — that help alter anatomy and appearance to feel more congruent with gender identity. Due to a fraught history, the word transsexual can be contentious and shouldn’t be used unless someone specifically asks to be referred to this way.

Trigender

This gender identity describes the experience of having three gender identities, simultaneously or over time. This term indicates the number of gender identities someone experiences but doesn’t necessarily indicate which genders are included in a given person’s trigender identity.

Two-spirit 

This umbrella term was created by Native American communities to bring traditional Indigenous understandings of gender and sexuality into Western and contemporary native education and literature. Each First Nation tribe has its own understanding and meaning of what it means to be two-spirit, so this term can have many definitions. Two-spirit generally refers to a gender role believed to be a common, acknowledged, accepted, and praised gender classification among most First Nation communities, dating back centuries.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

You mock my sexuality and sexual identity?  Shame. 
You should seek the femininity within yourself. 
But don't mock me.  I've lived with this for years.  Downtrodden as a woman in a biological man's body.
I knew when I was 6 year old and my parent gave me a kilt.
I felt the woman in me.  I spun in circles.  I was ecstatic.  I embraced the feminine.  And my parents? No more kilts. Be a boy.
But I'm force to deny me sexuality due to social ostracization.
I am who I am!

She/Her.  Respect that!

Yes i totaly agree you are who you are,a man. Sorry if this offends but its nature.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, zzaa09 said:

Like all the other pc/woke/social fashions, tends to be pushy with an intentional ott agenda.....and without substance.

Now tell us, is 'woke' in the room with us now? Is the 'agenda' hurting you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Maybe I am old fashioned. I have many gay and lesbian friends, and most I know are really wonderful people. And I have met a number of ladyboys over the years, casually. Cannot really relate to that culture, but to each his own. It is a huge and highly accepted culture here. All good.

It is the other ones I am having an increasingly hard time comprehending. And not only all of the myriad of designations, but the whole PC culture surrounding the designation, the insistence on us using the right terminology, and all the rest that goes along with the uber PC acceptance stuff. 

When I grew up if you liked guys you were either gay or bisexual. Now? Here is a list of sexual descriptions, many of which are legally accepted within the US and the EU. What can one say?

AFAB

Agender

Aliagender

A nonbinary gender identity that doesn’t fit into existing gender schemas or constructs.

AMAB

Androgyne

Someone who has a gender presentation or identity that’s gender-neutral, androgynous, or has both masculine and feminine characteristics. 

Aporagender

Both an umbrella term and nonbinary gender identity describing the experience of having a specific gender that’s different from man, woman, or any combination of the two.

Bigender

This term describes someone who identifies with two distinct genders. Bigender indicates the number of gender identities someone has. 

It doesn’t indicate which genders someone identifies with or the level of identification they have with a particular gender (such as 50 percent male, 50 percent demigirl). 

Boi

A term, primarily used in LGBTQIA+ Communities of Color, that typically describes someone who has a presentation, sexuality, or gender that’s considered “boyish.” 

Butch

Primarily used in LGBTQIA+ communities, this term typically describes someone with a presentation, sexuality, or gender that’s considered masculine. Butch doesn’t necessarily indicate the other terms that someone might use to describe their presentation, sexuality, or gender. 

Cisgender

A term used to describe people who exclusively identify with the sex and gender they were assigned at birth.

Cishet

Cisnormativity

The assumption that a person identifies with the sex or gender they were assigned at birth, or that having a cisgender gender identity is the norm. 

Demiboy

This nonbinary gender identity describes someone who partially identifies with being a boy, man, or masculine. The term demiboy tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to someone at birth. A demiboy can be cisgender or trans. 

Demigender

This umbrella term typically includes nonbinary gender identities and uses the prefix “demi-” to indicate the experience of having a partial identification or connection to a particular gender. This may include: demigirl, demiboy, demienby, demitrans 

Demigirl 

This nonbinary gender identity describes someone who partially identifies with being a girl, woman, womxn, or feminine. The term demigirl tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to someone at birth.  A demigirl can be cisgender or trans. 

Dyadic

This describes people who have sex characteristics — such as chromosomes, hormones, internal organs, or anatomy — that can be easily categorized into the binary sex framework of male or female. Dyadic conveys information about someone’s sex characteristics but doesn’t indicate anything about their gender.

Feminine-of-center 

Some feminine-of-center people also identify with the word “woman,” but others don’t. The term feminine-of-center tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to them at birth. 

Feminine-presenting

This describes people who have a gender expression or presentation that they or others categorize as feminine. Feminine-presenting is a term that captures the part of someone’s gender that’s shown externally, either through aspects of their style, appearance, physical traits, mannerisms, or body language. This term doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about the way someone identifies their gender or the gender or sex assigned to them at birth. 

Femme

This is a label for a gender identity or expression that describes someone with a gender that is or leans toward feminine. 

Some femmes also identify with the term “woman,” while many others don’t. Femme indicates the way someone experiences or expresses their gender and doesn’t provide any information about the gender or sex assigned to them at birth. 

Female-to-male (FTM)

This term is most commonly used to refer to trans males, trans men, and some transmasculine people who were assigned female at birth. 

It’s important to only use this term if someone wants to be referred to this way, as some trans men and transmasculine people use terms that don’t include or indicate the sex they were assigned at birth. 

Gender apathetic

This term describes someone who doesn’t strongly identify with any gender or with any gender labels. Some gender apathetic people also use terms that indicate their relationship with the sex or gender assigned to them at birth — such as cis apathetic or trans apathetic — while others don’t. Generally, people who are gender apathetic display an attitude of flexibility, openness, and “not caring” about how gender identity or presentation is perceived and labeled by others. 

Gender dysphoria 

This is both a medical diagnosis and an informal term used to communicate challenging feelings or distress people experience in relation to gender. The medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria refers to a conflict between someone’s assigned sex (as male, female, or intersex) and their gender identity. When used informally, gender dysphoria describes interactions, assumptions, physical traits, or body parts that don’t feel affirming or inclusive of someone’s expressed or experienced gender. 

Gender expansive

An umbrella term that’s used to refer to people who subvert or don’t conform to society’s dominant view of gender. This could include trans people, nonbinary people, people who are gender nonconforming, and more.

Gender nonconforming 

This term is used to describe people with a gender expression or presentation that’s different from cultural or social stereotypes associated with the person’s perceived or assigned gender or sex. Gender nonconforming isn’t a gender identity, though some people do self-identify using this term. It doesn’t convey any information about the way someone experiences gender internally. 

More accurately, gender nonconforming is a term used to describe physical traits in relation to socially and culturally defined gender categories. 

Gender normative 

A term used to describe gender traits or identities that are perceived to fall within social norms and expectations. 

Gender questioning

A person who’s questioning one or multiple aspects of their gender, such as their gender identity or expression.

Gender variant 

Similar to gender nonconforming, gender variant is an umbrella term used to describe people with a gender identity, expression, or presentation that’s different from the perceived social norm or dominant group. Some people dislike this term because of its potential to perpetuate misinformation and negative stigma about noncisgender gender identities and nonconforming presentation being less “normal” or naturally occurring. 

Genderfluid 

It involves the experience of moving between genders or having a gender that changes over a particular period of time. For example, from moment to moment, day to day, month to month, year to year, or decade to decade.

Genderfu**

Similar to the term “gender bender,” this term involves the act of combating or dismantling the gender binary and stereotypes through a gender identity, expression, or presentation that challenges existing norms and expectations in a given cultural context.

Genderqueer

This nonbinary gender identity and term describes someone with a gender that can’t be categorized as exclusively man or woman, or exclusively masculine or feminine. People who are genderqueer experience and express gender in different ways. This can include neither, both, or a combination of man, woman, or nonbinary genders.

Gendervoid

A term that describes someone without a gender identity. Although it’s similar to agender, gendervoid is usually associated with a feeling of loss or lack.

Graygender

A gender term that describes someone who experiences ambivalence about gender identity or expression, and doesn’t fully identify with a binary gender that’s exclusively man or woman.

Intergender

A nonbinary gender identity that describes the experience of having a gender that falls somewhere in between woman and man or is a mix of both man and woman.

Intersex

An umbrella term that describes people who have sex characteristics — such as chromosomes, internal organs, hormones, or anatomy — that can’t be easily categorized into the binary sex framework of male or female. Intersex conveys information about a person’s sex characteristics but doesn’t indicate anything about their gender identity. 

Masculine-of-center 

This term describes people who experience their gender as masculine or masc. Some masculine-of-center people also identify with the word “man,” but many others don’t. The term masculine-of-center tells you about someone’s gender identity but doesn’t convey any information about the sex or gender assigned to them at birth. 

Masculine-presenting 

This term describes people who have a gender expression or presentation that they or others categorize as masculine. 

Masculine-presenting captures the part of someone’s gender that’s shown externally, either through aspects of their style, appearance, physical traits, mannerisms, or body language. This term doesn’t necessarily indicate anything about the way someone identifies their gender or the gender or sex assigned to them. 

Maverique 

This nonbinary gender identity emphasizes the inner experience of gender. It describes those who experience gender or have a core gender identity that’s independent of existing categories and definitions of gender, man or woman, masculine or feminine, and androgynous or neutral. 

Male-to-female (MTF). This term is most commonly used to refer to trans women and some transfeminine people who were assigned male at birth. It’s important to only use this term if someone prefers to be referred to this way, as some trans women and some transfeminine people prefer to use terms that don’t include or overtly indicate the sex they were assigned at birth. 

Multi-gender 

This umbrella term is used to describe people who experience more than one gender identity. Other gender labels that fall under the multi-gender umbrella include:

bigender

trigender

pangender

polygender

Neutrois 

This nonbinary identity and umbrella term is used to describe people who have a gender that isn’t exclusively man or woman. 

Neutrois can be a broader term encompassing other gender identities, such as nonbinary, agender, genderfluid, or genderless.

Nonbinary 

Also referred to as “enby,” this is a gender identity and umbrella term for gender identities that can’t be exclusively categorized as man or woman. 

Individuals who are nonbinary can experience gender a variety of ways, including a combination of man and woman, neither man nor woman, or something else altogether. Some nonbinary individuals are trans, while many others don’t. Whether a nonbinary person is also trans typically depends on the extent to which that person identifies, even partially, with the sex and gender assigned to them at birth. 

Novigender

People who use this gender identity experience having a gender that can’t be described using existing language due to its complex and unique nature. 

Omnigender 

A nonbinary gender identity that describes people who experience all or many gender identities on the gender spectrum simultaneously or over time. Similar to pangender.

A nonbinary gender identity that describes people who experience all or many gender identities on the gender spectrum simultaneously or over time. Similar to omnigender.

Polygender 

This gender identity term describes the experience of having multiple gender identities simultaneously or over time. This term indicates the number of gender identities someone experiences but doesn’t necessarily indicate which genders are included in the given person’s polygender identity.

Soft butch 

Both a gender identity and term used to describe the nonconforming gender expression of someone who has some masculine or butch traits, but doesn’t fully fit the stereotypes associated with masculine or butch cisgender lesbians. 

Stone butch 

Both a gender identity and term used to describe the nonconforming gender expression of someone who embodies traits associated with feminine butchness or stereotypes associated with traditional masculinity. 

Third gender 

Originating in non-Western and Indigenous cultures, third gender is a gender category that includes people who have a gender that can’t be exclusively categorized as man or woman, or is different from man or woman. 

Transfeminine 

A gender identity label that conveys the experience of having a feminine gender identity that’s different from the gender or sex that was assigned at birth. 

Transgender or trans

Both an umbrella term including many gender identities and a specific gender identity that describes those with a gender identity that’s different from the gender or sex assigned at birth.

Transmasculine 

A gender identity label that conveys the experience of having a masculine gender identity that’s different than the gender or sex that was assigned at birth. 

Transitioning 

The act of making physical, social, medical, surgical, interpersonal, or personal changes that help to affirm gender or address gender dysphoria. 

Transsexual 

Falling under the transgender umbrella, transsexual is a word that was medically and historically used to indicate a difference between one’s gender identity (i.e., the internal experience of gender) and sex assigned at birth (as male, female, or intersex). 

Transsexual is often (though not always) used to communicate that one’s experience of gender involves a medical diagnosis or medical changes — such as hormones or surgery — that help alter anatomy and appearance to feel more congruent with gender identity. Due to a fraught history, the word transsexual can be contentious and shouldn’t be used unless someone specifically asks to be referred to this way.

Trigender

This gender identity describes the experience of having three gender identities, simultaneously or over time. This term indicates the number of gender identities someone experiences but doesn’t necessarily indicate which genders are included in a given person’s trigender identity.

Two-spirit 

This umbrella term was created by Native American communities to bring traditional Indigenous understandings of gender and sexuality into Western and contemporary native education and literature. Each First Nation tribe has its own understanding and meaning of what it means to be two-spirit, so this term can have many definitions. Two-spirit generally refers to a gender role believed to be a common, acknowledged, accepted, and praised gender classification among most First Nation communities, dating back centuries.

You say you have a hard time comprehending the designations then post a list explaining comprehensively what each one is. ????

Who are these people who are constantly insisting you use all these terms? Can you name them please.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So I can still have "I now pronounce you man and wife" in the ceremony and "man" and "wife" on all legal paperwork?  Not based on what the previous user suggested.

Marriage is traditionally a ceremony of joining together a man and woman as man and wife.  If you want a civil partnership, with all the same rights and regulations as a marriage, go for it.  But when you say "I want to take something from you to make things better for someone else", obviously you're going to meet some resistance.

Of course you need to pretend that it is trivial, or it appears trivial to you, it goes against something that you want.

I don't want to deny anyone anything.  You want to do that.

Pronouncing a newly married couple 'man and wife' is actually quite sexist.  Why should the woman have to change and now be 'pronounced' as the 'wife', yet the man does not change in the pronouncement and remains a 'man', not becoming a 'husband'.   With that outdated thinking in mind, I guess when two males marry it should be "I now pronounce you man and man'.   Makes no sense, and neither does 'man and wife' in the 21st century.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Pronouncing a newly married couple 'man and wife' is actually quite sexist.  Why should the woman have to change and now be 'pronounced' as the 'wife', yet the man does not change in the pronouncement and remains a 'man', not becoming a 'husband'.   With that outdated thinking in mind, I guess when two males marry it should be "I now pronounce you man and man'.   Makes no sense, and neither does 'man and wife' in the 21st century.

That's your opinion, but it doesn't give you any right to decide how other people can behave.  ????‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Puccini said:

If this acronym which started out as LGB and over the years gradually grew to LGBTQIAX+, or perhaps even longer, is intended to encompass everybody and everything that is not heterosexual, why do the adherents of this group or these groups not use the shorter and simpler acronym H- to signify non-heterosexual?

I agree. But I don't see it happening. The alphabet inflation constantly invites homophobic derision seen here on every related topic. There really isn't a grand council of gay stuff. Things just develop in certain ways.

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I agree. But I don't see it happening. The alphabet inflation constantly invites homophobic derision seen here on every related topic. There really isn't a grand council of gay stuff. Things just develop in certain ways.

Considering that the alphabet inflations incudes every possible gender or orientation and letter sequence and the only sexual orientation that isn't included is heterosexual males , not sure how you claim others  are being homophobic , when its just one group being ostracised 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Considering that the alphabet inflations incudes every possible gender or orientation and letter sequence and the only sexual orientation that isn't included is heterosexual males , not sure how you claim others  are being homophobic , when its just one group being ostracised 

Total bull.

Its a list of sexual minorities who are marginalized to varying degrees internationally including sometimes the death penalty.

Of course cisgender heterosexuals MEN AND WOMEN are the overwhelming dominant MAJORITY in all nations so they would not be included in list of MINORITIES.

This is why straight people don't need a straight parade. Every parade except Pride is already a straight parade. Every month already straight month.

Straight people don't need marriage rights  They already have them everywhere.

If you're thirsty to be a marginalized minority well perhaps you can be satisfied but being straight isn't it 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Total bull.

Its a list of sexual minorities who are marginalized to varying degrees internationally including sometimes the death penalty.

Of course cisgender heterosexuals MEN AND WOMEN are the overwhelming dominant MAJORITY in all nations so they would not be included in list of MINORITIES.

This is why straight people don't need a straight parade. Every parade except Pride is already a straight parade. Every month already straight month.

Straight people don't need marriage rights  They already have them everywhere.

If you're thirsty to be a marginalized minority well perhaps you can be satisfied but being straight isn't it 

I sometimes get attracted to Ladyboys after a few beers , doesn't that include me in one of the minority groups ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I sometimes get attracted to Ladyboys after a few beers , doesn't that include me in one of the minority groups ?

If you identify as straight then no. If you identify as bi then yes. Maybe bed one and report back.

Edited by Jingthing

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

AFAB

Agender

Aliagender

AMAB

Androgyne

Aporagender

Bigender

Boi

Butch

Cisgender

Cishet

Cisnormativity

Demiboy

Demigender

Demigirl 

Dyadic

Feminine-of-center 

Feminine-presenting

Femme

Female-to-male (FTM)

Gender apathetic

Gender dysphoria 

Gender expansive

Gender nonconforming 

Gender normative 

Gender questioning

Gender variant 

Genderfluid 

Genderfu**

Genderqueer

Gendervoid

Graygender

Intergender

Intersex

Masculine-of-center 

Masculine-presenting 

Maverique 

Multi-gender 

bigender

trigender

pangender

polygender

Neutrois 

Nonbinary 

Novigender

Omnigender 

Polygender 

Soft butch 

Stone butch 

Third gender 

Transfeminine 

Transgender or trans

Transmasculine 

Transitioning 

Transsexual 

Trigender

Two-spirit 

I think your list of appellations lacks descriptive terms that center on a person's exterior aspect.

I have difficulties with terms whose meanign shifts over time, such as "androgyne", which in the past was understood as describing persons whose appearance is neither clearly masculine nor clearly feminine, without involving the person's own feelings about sexual identity.

Also, what about gynandromorph.

And then there are sexual orientations and roles.

Many of the terms in your list are based on "genders", which is either unhelpful in describing orientations and roles, or normative and restrictive, borderline intolerant towards what doesn't fit into gender roles or gender orientations.

A good example of this are persons who see themselves as "transwomen". Born male, they see themselves as 100% women within strict gender categories, hate any aspect of their body that doesn't conform to their vision (i.e. penis), do all operations to be as similar to as woman as possible. But they do not stop there, they are also completely intolerant towards others that don't fit into the classical male-female genders. For example, they see ladyboys who don't wish to have SRS as disgusting monsters.

This particular example struck me, that's why I remember it and write it here.

In my opinion, making more categories and labels is counterproductive, it just leads to having more boxes with which to subject people to more prejudice.

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I am not too sure .

I am straight usually  , but after four or more beers , I seem to get attracted to Ladyboys , do I fit into any of the LBTFTQIA+  categories ?

Up to you.

Enough already.