Germinating your cannabis seeds the easy way.

54 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

BMT, I have gotten my Jiffy pellets and my seeds are on the way.

After sprouting I intend to plant the seedlings to small pots by sinking the pellet into potting soil.

When the seedlings get bigger i then plan to move them to a 7 or 8 gallon fabric grow bag.

Can you recommend for me which type of soil I should use in the grow bag?

Never found any soil in Thailand that didn't kill the seedlings. I always do a hydroponic grow in coco coir. And use liquid chemical fertiliser once a day. Mix as specified on the packet, adjust PH to 6.8 using citric acid crystals and PH pen, pour around fabic pot (not on plant) until it drips through the bottom. 

This is the growing medium I use (G4 coco coir mix)

https://shopee.co.th/วัสดุปลูกรวมชุด-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-พีทมอส-5*-1*-10-ลิตร-(แบ่งบรรจุ)-*สามารถปรับปริมาณ-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-i.193303481.4004570476?sp_atk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8&xptdk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8

This for veg. 30-20-10.

IMG_20220613_135818.jpg

And this for flower 0-52-34.

IMG_20220613_135915.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, connda said:

How do you 'clone.'

I use a humidifier ...... 600bht.

https://shopee.co.th/-คืน59c.-ทักแชทรับโค้ด-Deerma-Air-Humidifier-5L-รุ่น-F600-เครื่องพ่นไอน้ำ-อโรม่า-ฟอกอากาศดักจับฝุ่น-i.44640034.6742598699

Cut a side shoot off the lower part of your plant, use a bit of poly foam to hold the plant gently in the mist.

Stick it in the top of the humidifier, don't let the 'steam' get hot.

Roots in the dark, leaves in the light, had to cover the one I bought in black gaffa tape.

I could fit 4 cuttings in the top at a squeeze.

Roots will be ready in 3-5 days.

IMG_20200330_164126.jpg

Not quite ready .......

IMG_20200410_071835.jpg

Stick it in a pot ........

picture_2020_4_11_17_38_56_343.jpg

Plant stem with 2 small leaves + oxygenated water = clone.

The Amazon clone tanks use water a water pump, sprays and a fish tank bubbler.

But I couldn't stop the nozzles available in Thailand from clogging with algae, so I played the same game in a humidifier. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Well, I've looked into what male and female plants look like in the post seedling stage.

So I'll do some planting tonight of the seeds from Shopee.  I'll let you know how it shakes out.
Male/female/both --- tomatoes.  ????

On 6/12/2022 at 7:59 AM, Bert got kinky said:

Also I have heard stories that the local brick-weed is full of chemicals.

if you saw what came out of the brick in oil form you would probably wish you never smoked it to begin with. i suggest staying far far away from all brick. 

On 6/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, BritManToo said:

Growing your own also gives you more that you could possibly use.

A 4x2 tent grew me around 16oz of 20% THC quality hybrid in 6 months.

In order of preference, Critical Orange Punch, Red Diesel, Amnesia, White Widow, Lemon Kush.

The Red Diesel and Lemon Kush were enormous plants, no room in the tent for them.

Red Diesel grew under the stairs, Lemon Kush took over the spare bedroom.

White Widow.

IMG_20200414_092044.jpg

Red Diesel (ScrOG)

IMG_20200614_103532.jpg

sorry my man none of the bud in those pics is 20 percent thc. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Looks good to me.

orange punch.jpg

whats all the brown spots on the underside of the fan leaves ? 

the bud is light and fluffy. not compact or dense. which will mean a low oil content. 

is that spider mite webbing on the top side left of the bud ?

bud rating. c grade with about 12 to 14 percent thc at best. in my humble professional opinion. 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Spider mites are a big problem in Thailand.

You should try to grow some here, before you knock others.

I've not seen one thread where you've contributed anything of worth.

So I'm putting you on ignore, no need for me to read posters who only spout negativity and bile.

i have grown here. never had mites. generally only sick, unhealthy or just bad grows get mites. 

you simply cant take the criticism that you are really not as good a grower as you think. its common. 

no harm or malice intended. i just don't dance around when it comes to this subject. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, BritManToo said:

Yes, at 250bht a seed I want a 100% germination rate, as I only buy one female seed then clone. Planting in soil is much harder and wastes a lot of seeds. 

I was at the Buriram cannabis fair on Sunday and was offered 10 seeds (whisper, 10% THC sir) for ฿100.-. If I do decide to plant I certainly won't be doing it this year, fantasy prices and uncertain police reactions prompt me to wait. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, BritManToo said:

Never found any soil in Thailand that didn't kill the seedlings. I always do a hydroponic grow in coco coir. And use liquid chemical fertiliser once a day. Mix as specified on the packet, adjust PH to 6.8 using citric acid crystals and PH pen, pour around fabic pot (not on plant) until it drips through the bottom. 

This is the growing medium I use (G4 coco coir mix)

https://shopee.co.th/วัสดุปลูกรวมชุด-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-พีทมอส-5*-1*-10-ลิตร-(แบ่งบรรจุ)-*สามารถปรับปริมาณ-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-i.193303481.4004570476?sp_atk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8&xptdk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8

This for veg. 30-20-10.

IMG_20220613_135818.jpg

And this for flower 0-52-34.

IMG_20220613_135915.jpg

Just ordered the growing medium and the two types of fertilizer.   For clarity, (understanding my complete novice status), fertilizer for 'veg' is used from when the seedling appears, and the 'flower' type for when the flowers appear?

• Like 2

Planted four seeds over a few days on 10th, 11th and 14th.

First seed up this morning, after 5 days, Wiang Ping from the Thai seller on Shoppee. 

Nothing happening with the others ....... yet.

IMG_20220616_064611.jpg

It's been slower this year, I'm thinking it's the lower temps.

My last germinating was done when it was 35c every day, this week it's hardly broken 30c.

Edited by BritManToo

The way I used to germinate seeds is to put some toilet paper in a small dish with a bit of water and cover it with saran wrap.  After a few days you should see roots.  After maybe a couple weeks when the roots are long enough put them in some soil.

Edited by shdmn

On 6/16/2022 at 6:55 AM, BritManToo said:

Planted four seeds over a few days on 10th, 11th and 14th.

First seed up this morning, after 5 days, Wiang Ping from the Thai seller on Shoppee. 

Nothing happening with the others ....... yet.

Cheeselicious has just entered the world, planted on the 14th, up today 17th.

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/europa-seeds-cheeselicious/prod_4001

Two left to raise their heads.

IMG_20220617_145341.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

BritManToo, thanks for an informative article.

I have a question about the seed. Back many years ago when experimenting with growing seeds, we never knew whether the seed was going to be a future male plant or a female plant, or hermaphrodite. Is it really possible now days to tell if the seed is actually female? I only ask this because of the lable on one of your seed bags says FEM, which I assume means female?

If so, that's impressive that science has come this far that one can determine the sex of a seed.

Also, I had been told that the growing conditions during the early stages of the plant could actually alter the sex of the plant. Not sure if that was an old wife tale or not. Have you heard this?

Thanks R