Germinating your cannabis seeds the easy way.

I germinate broccoli seed using this method.

Put seeds in a mason jar.  Cover the seeds with water for 8 hours and cap.  Drain water and cover with gauze.  Place in a dark place. 

Just wonder if they can get you to "place sprout in a Jiffy moist Jiffy Pellet. 

Just wondering?

Given I'm a newbie, I'll tend to follow directions to start with.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, at 250bht a seed I want a 100% germination rate, as I only buy one seed then clone. Planting in soil is much harder and wastes a lot of seeds. 

thank you I didn't know, and where are te best seeds for you ? best but cheapest if possible ????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, at 250bht a seed I want a 100% germination rate as I only buy one female seed then clone. Planting in soil is much harder and wastes a lot of seeds. 

You will never achieve a 100% germination rate in the long run because the older the seeds the more difficult it is to germinate them. It is also important how they were stored. It really helps to soak them for 30-60 minutes in 3% hydrogen peroxide before putting them in a germination medium. Here are some links regarding germination because there are several methods:

https://sensiseeds.com/en/blog/best-way-to-germinate-seeds/

https://growithjane.com/how-to-germinate-cannabis-seeds/

https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/growing/how-to-germinate-cannabis-seeds

Edited by hanuman2543
  • Like 1

Nope. 9 stages! LOL

"Germinating your cannabis seeds the easy way."

Plant the seeds in soil outside and water occasionally.

Plant the seeds in soil indoor in plant pots in very good light.

Cannabis plants are very hardy, rugged plants that grow like weeds- are weeds depending on your classification. I have seen fields in India growing wild for miles and growing by the roadside. In England they grow by canals where fishermen have dropped seeds they use as bait. They sprout under bird feeders too in the UK.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, at 250bht a seed I want a 100% germination rate, as I only buy one female seed then clone. Planting in soil is much harder and wastes a lot of seeds. 

Didn't you get once get in a stoush with someone over being anti-drug and dismissing the Portuguese experiment as flooding your hometown with dealers? 555. I have a long memory with topics that interest me. Anyway, glad to see you're on the right side of history now and it's a very informative OP.

53 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

You will never achieve a 100% germination rate in the long run because the older the seeds the more difficult it is to germinate them.

Seeds last a really long time(1+ yr), even longer if you put in the frig.  Really not a problem here, but know people used to store for more than a few months, until the spring thaw.

2 hours ago, connda said:

Just curious - if you buy seeds or plants locally - how do you tell "male" from "female" plants. 

Why am I asking.  I'm betting that virtually all plants "donated" by the Thai government and their associates will me 'male', and possibly many provide by third-party Thai vendors. 

Just saying.  I really don't know.
But I tend to understand how the world works in general when you factor in greed and control.

Since we're in LoS they'll be "hermies". Or as my missus calls hermaphrodite trees; "ladyboys". ????

3 hours ago, connda said:

Just curious - if you buy seeds or plants locally - how do you tell "male" from "female" plants. 

Why am I asking.  I'm betting that virtually all plants "donated" by the Thai government and their associates will me 'male', and possibly many provide by third-party Thai vendors. 

Just saying.  I really don't know.
But I tend to understand how the world works in general when you factor in greed and control.

in simple terms males grow BALLS on the nodes ..females grow hairs on nodes...Balls appear fairly quickly on new male plants...as soon as u see balls destroy the plants or you will end up with females full of seeds..google has lots of pics to illustrate

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Seeds last a really long time(1+ yr), even longer if you put in the frig.  Really not a problem here, but know people used to store for more than a few months, until the spring thaw.

But do you know how the store where you bought the seeds stored them and for how long?

I bought seeds from RQS, zamnesia, Samenwahl and others and had some really bad and expensive  experiences where from 10 seeds not one germinated.

And they will not honor their "germination guarantee".

It will always be your fault.

Edited by hanuman2543

7 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

But do you know how the store where you bought the seeds stored them and for how long?

I bought seeds from RQS, zamnesia, Samenwahl and others and had some really bad experiences where from 10 seeds not one germinated.

I, we, never bought seeds before. Just saved from what ever great weed we had.  Those seeds you use, or saved if not spring.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I, we, never bought seeds before. Just saved from what ever great weed we had.  Those seeds you use, or saved if not spring.

Maybe the best what you can do. But if you have no male plants it's difficult. Possible with only female plants but not that easy.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

So, really boys? What is it with the sudden fever? Now everybody will be into growing their own. What=s the difference. I have been smoking it the last 15 years in this country. Its nothing new! Looks like its some kind of hi/so style life growing ganja. Really! Get a grip and continue smoke instead.

A man needs a hobby.

• Like 1

It would be interesting if you made a thread showing your process from germination to harvest. I'm feeling a bit miffed we moved from our 12 rai plot in the sticks to a condo in the city, not the best timing! Will try a balcony grow anyway, hopefully the 4 hours of direct afternoon/evening sun will be sufficient if not ideal conditions. Ordered some AK47 autos for the task.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

And I have smoked here for over 20 years but the quality/strength of the 'regular' weed here is NAF.

After smoking this stuff for so long, it's nearly impossible to get high now, just chilled.

Also I have heard stories that the local brick-weed is full of chemicals.

It manages to just take the edge off life, that's all.

I don't drink, so a good smoke is my escape from the harshness of reality.

Now that things have gotten more lax, there is more choice on the market but nowhere local to me and the prices are a bit shocking for a regular smoker.

I don't intend to spend my one day off a week travelling across to the other side of Bangkok to pay more than I spend on weekly groceries for my weekly weed.

Growing my own (if I can) would give me better quality at a better price.

Also, as suggested by BangkokReady, it would give me a hobby.

Ok, that=s all good. Just sad, that legalizing of drugs was the thing needed for you to find a hobby

• Haha 1

BMT, I have gotten my Jiffy pellets and my seeds are on the way.

After sprouting I intend to plant the seedlings to small pots by sinking the pellet into potting soil.

When the seedlings get bigger i then plan to move them to a 7 or 8 gallon fabric grow bag.

Can you recommend for me which type of soil I should use in the grow bag?

• Like 1