Germinating your cannabis seeds the easy way.

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I went low budget (฿99), and arrived yesterday.  Hoping they are the

'Squirrel Tail' as advertise, as the low end of 15-20% will do me fine. 

Even came with instructions ... ????

Just have to enjoy half a doobie (fat one) instead of a hit or 2.

Now to source a decent 1 hit pipe / bong and activ. carbon filters.

Already spotted a few on LAZ, same pricing as AliExpress without

the wait, though think I have a few months.

image.png.7144e329e6b9cca9c17c8215558a3bc8.png

ST.png

Got a couple of pipes this past week or so, one metal, one glass (the same as you've shown).   Much prefer the glass one.

20220622_100412.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not long enough, 3-5 days, sometimes longer depending on age/quality/strength of seed.

Attitude seed took 3 days (Cheeselicious).

Shoppee seed took 4 days (Wiang Ping).

I've got 2 that probably won't come up (The Doctor, 2 years old and Cocoa Red, unknown Shoppee supplier).

And another 2 I just planted (Blueberry Cheesecake (Attitude) and OG Kush (Shoppee).

Seeds from Attitude are generally very fast and easy to germinate.

Burnt the leaves on Cheeselicious by leaving it in the sun too long (I think it'll recover), I'm experimenting to see if I can grow in full sunlight, but I think the Thai sun is too strong., so they're back on the windowsill partially shaded now.

The plants will need to be hardened to grow in the sun here I reckon. Could you use a screen or something to reduce the effect of the sun's rays?

I want to try a couple of autoflowers outside, see what happens. 

If purchased from "cassette_ranong22", the product description indicates feminized seeds. "Selected only female seeds".
Looks to be one of the four government approved strains. Hang Kra Rog Phu Phan ST1. If so, It has equal parts CBD and THC.
With a THC level of 12-14%. An excellent strain (high CBD with good level of THC). 

Greenlab.com sells the flower for 100bht/gr. Be aware they correctly say it has THC:CBD=1:1. But they incorrectly say it has "THC 18-22% CBD 0.8-1%" Looks like they are confusing with another government approved strain Hang Suea Sakon Nakhon TT1.

Greenlab also sells Tanaosri Kan Khaw WA1 (THC: 15–18% CBD: 0.5–1 %) for 100bht/gr.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My littlest 'free run' house rabbit ate my 'Cheeselicious' (Attitude) in the night ...... little monster.

OG Kush (Shopee) just raised it's head after 3 days.

Now I have to find somewhere in the house she can't jump or climb, which isn't easy.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My littlest 'free run' house rabbit ate my 'Cheeselicious' (Attitude) in the night ...... little monster.

OG Kush (Shopee) just raised it's head after 3 days.

Now I have to find somewhere in the house she can't jump or climb, which isn't easy.

ate my 'Cheeselicious'

Now I have to find somewhere in the house she can't jump or climb

The stew pot? ????

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, cgros said:

If purchased from "cassette_ranong22", the product description indicates feminized seeds. "Selected only female seeds".
Looks to be one of the four government approved strains. Hang Kra Rog Phu Phan ST1. If so, It has equal parts CBD and THC.
With a THC level of 12-14%. An excellent strain (high CBD with good level of THC). 

Greenlab.com sells the flower for 100bht/gr. Be aware they correctly say it has THC:CBD=1:1. But they incorrectly say it has "THC 18-22% CBD 0.8-1%" Looks like they are confusing with another government approved strain Hang Suea Sakon Nakhon TT1.

Greenlab also sells Tanaosri Kan Khaw WA1 (THC: 15–18% CBD: 0.5–1 %) for 100bht/gr.

https://thaigreenlab.com/en/

On 6/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, BritManToo said:

Your problem will be they're ordinary seeds, probably 2/3 male which will need to be identified and discarded after 4-6 weeks growing. I was given 4 seedlings by a Thai pal last year ..... all turned out to be male, a huge waste of my time.

4 weeks wasted work VS 5 quid for a female seed.

I'll take the female seed every time.

The local variety is notorious for males and hermes, seems most seeds go that way. With regular seeds it's more like 20% males and no herms.

5 minutes ago, Smithson said:

The local variety is notorious for males and hermes, seems most seeds go that way. With regular seeds it's more like 20% males and no herms.

Never had one plant that was germinated from a 'fem' or 'auto' seed that wasn't exactly as advertised. And I don't class myself as an experienced or expert grower.

Edited by BritManToo

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never had one plant that was germinated from a 'fem' or 'auto' seed that wasn't exactly as advertised. And I don't class myself as an experienced or expert grower.

I was referring to the plants you got from a Thai pal. The local variety brick weed, which may well be the same as 'squirrel tale' or other various names doesn't have a good rep for seeds.

Edited by Smithson

4 minutes ago, Smithson said:

I'm referring to the local variety brick weed, which may well be the same as 'squirrel tale' or other various names.

Never tried to grow that ......... at 5 quid for a big name fem seed from Attitude claiming 20% THC, that I can clone 100x, why would anyone waste their time growing anything less?

I did go along to MaeJo University to see if I could buy a few 30bht female clone seedlings for the garden, just as an experiment, but they have stopped selling those now. 

Edited by BritManToo

11 minutes ago, Smithson said:

I would be interested to know about successful local strains. The original Thai stick is believed to be extinct. It's much sort after for breeding.

Far from extinct, though not dipped any more, or shall I say, I haven't seen that version offered, unfortunately ????  

But Squirrel Tail / Thai Stick is readily available.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Far from extinct, though not dipped any more, or shall I say, I haven't seen that version offered, unfortunately ????  

But Squirrel Tail / Thai Stick is readily available.  

What's being grown locally now is not the same as it was 40 years, they're just calling it the same name.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smithson said:

What's being grown locally now is not the same as it was 40 years, they're just calling it the same name.

What I've bought here, since living here, only twice, was pretty darn good.  What it was I haven't a clue, as anyone can call it anything they want, and I couldn't tell you the difference.  But I do see now, many calling it Squirrel Tail, and it looks pretty darn good.  Should be in the 15-20% THC range.

-Thai stick' sold now, will not be the same, as all we got 50 yrs ago was dipped. 

Extreme mango & papaya comparison.  With or without opium ... ????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smithson said:

Why not start your own thread, this one is about germinating seeds.

Back on topic,

After my 'rabbit attack' I still only have 2 germinated seeds

I like to have 4 strains growing, it's all about variety.

Wiang Ping is doing quite well for an unknown Thai seed.

So far 2 failed seeds, 1 eaten seedling, 2 growing, and 3 more just planted.

Can't wait to get to the cloning stage, I hate growing from seed.

IMG_20220623_120722.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

After my 'rabbit attack' I still only have 2 germinated seeds

I like to have 4 strains growing, it's all about variety.

Wiang Ping is doing quite well for an unknown Thai seed.

BritManToo, at this stage of the seedlings if you use your LED lights, how close to the seedlings do you bring your lights?

20 minutes ago, Bobsuruncle said:

BritManToo, at this stage of the seedlings if you use your LED lights, how close to the seedlings do you bring your lights?

My seedlings will be sitting on the windowsill out of direct sunlight for a few weeks until big enough to start cloning. Not worth the expense of using lights. 

Once I start with the lights, 18-24 inches from the small plants and turned down quite low. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 2:00 PM, BritManToo said:

Never found any soil in Thailand that didn't kill the seedlings. I always do a hydroponic grow in coco coir. And use liquid chemical fertiliser once a day. Mix as specified on the packet, adjust PH to 6.8 using citric acid crystals and PH pen, pour around fabic pot (not on plant) until it drips through the bottom. 

This is the growing medium I use (G4 coco coir mix)

https://shopee.co.th/วัสดุปลูกรวมชุด-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-พีทมอส-5*-1*-10-ลิตร-(แบ่งบรรจุ)-*สามารถปรับปริมาณ-เพอร์ไลท์-เวอร์มิคูไลท์-i.193303481.4004570476?sp_atk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8&xptdk=c7dbd3be-5b45-4293-b9b8-58283ddcefb8

This for veg. 30-20-10.

IMG_20220613_135818.jpg

And this for flower 0-52-34.

IMG_20220613_135915.jpg

In the Wesco fertiliser, is the "+TE" essential? Our local garden shop has a bag of 30-20-10, can I use that instead?

My OG Kush from the Shopee seller has sprouted from the Jiffy pellet this morning. Once it opens up a bit I will pot it in a small pot. ????

No sign of life from the Blue Dream and Cocoa Red seeds yet.

Seeds from Attitude Seedbank still to arrive...

5 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

In the Wesco fertiliser, is the "+TE" essential? Our local garden shop has a bag of 30-20-10, can I use that instead?

The trace elements ( TE ) are essential. If not included in the main NPK fertilizer then another source of these TE must be provided in addition to the NPK.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My OG Kush from the Shopee seller has sprouted from the Jiffy pellet this morning. Once it opens up a bit I will pot it in a small pot. ????

No sign of life from the Blue Dream and Cocoa Red seeds yet.

Seeds from Attitude Seedbank still to arrive...

Yeah, my Cocoa Red didn't sprout either, I've reused the Jiffy pellet with another seed.

Don't delay the potting, the roots are likely already out the bottom of the JP.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The trace elements ( TE ) are essential. If not included in the main NPK fertilizer then another source of these TE must be provided in addition to the NPK.

Many thanks for the advice, managed to find the fertiliser with TE, on Lazada!

10 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

We have liftoff! 

Another one for me this morning in this years 'troll grow' ........... Blueberry Cheesecake.

I'm putting mine outside in the morning sun until 10am, then they get moved inside near the window.

IMG_20220625_072310.jpg

• Like 1

My seedling seems to be stretching, she's in the sun near the window. I'm rotating the pot every couple hours or so.

True leaves have started emerging, and I have moistened the soil with ph 6.3 water.

Anything else I should be thinking of?

49 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

My seedling seems to be stretching, she's in the sun near the window. I'm rotating the pot every couple hours or so.

True leaves have started emerging, and I have moistened the soil with ph 6.3 water.

Anything else I should be thinking of?

Stretching usually indicates not enough light.

Not a big problem, just top the soil up another inch, the stem will grow roots once it's buried.

I moved my grow inside under leds, sun is either too hot or not enough at the moment. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2