How soon can I renew my annual retire ext?

Expires on July 31. So how early can I go to Korat Imm and renew my annual ext retirement for another 12 months? I notice there's a bunch of public holidays in July, so the first week being holiday free would suit me best. Is that too early?

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 30 days early at most offices or 45 days at some offices.

No problem to apply during  the1st week of July.

Thank you ubonjoe for your reply.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Pawpcorn said:

We always do it a month early, too, just following the monthly SSA transfer from the USA, and THEN adding the 7 days the bank takes to request and receive the year's worth of official bank-certified monthly statements from the main bkk-bank branch in Silom (which has the impound account).

Earlier-the-better, IMHO, in case there are any new paperwork complications, dreamt up by Immigration, in the prior year.

Actually, here in Chiang Mai they seem to have finally admitted that they have been collecting way too much paperwork.  Over half of the documents I had were given back to me as they only need:

from the local bank, 2 documents one indicating it is my account only, and the 12 monthly transfers from overseas plus of course a copy of my updated bank book.  Nothing was needed to verify my retirement nor any banking statements from the US.  easier and easier it seems to me after 17 years of doing these extensions.

• Like 1

7 days in Samui or at least that's what they said last year.  Side note BKK bank told me the new option to download a 12 month bank statement for Immigration would be accepted by Immigration. Naturally it was refused and they insisted I order an official copy.  Caused a two week delay in processing my application which technically put me on overstay which is why I think their 7 days in advance rule is a problem.  But as always they know what's best...

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Sad 1