Time to find a new hospital in CNX

sqwakvfr

On 6/13/2022 at 8:32 PM, SiamAndy said:

Does the staff speak sufficient english at Sriphat, McCormick, or Rajavej?

Yes! Also highly amused me (an atheist) whilst getting my Covid jabs, to see a portrait of Jesus at McCormick, where another prominent figure is usually found in public buildings all over the kingdom.

On 6/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, sqwakvfr said:

I did not bitch and moan about a 300 Baht charge because it was not medication.  In fact I was charged 1000 Baht for a 7 day supply of Amoxicillin.  This I am bitching and moaning about.  The 300 Baht was for a small bottle of saline and disinfectant.  I was a regular at Ram Gastro.  I have had 2 endoscopies and a colonoscopy and was very pleased with the doctor and procedures. Do not mischaracterize my comments because you are not qualified to judge me.. Also I don “sweat” over 300 Baht.  PERIOD.

So you  got it cheaper before?

On 8/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, sqwakvfr said:

???  The Antibiotic? Yes much cheaper at a pharmacy.  Does this answer your question? 

I can get antibiotics for only 150 baht at a local pharmacy. 1000 baht is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I can get antibiotics for only 150 baht at a local pharmacy. 1000 baht is ridiculous.

It depends on the antibiotic. Some antibiotics used just before and just after some surgical procedures are not stocked in pharmacies. I had to take one antibiotic for a few days before and after a procedure that cost 800 Baht per tablet.

4 minutes ago, elektrified said:

It depends on the antibiotic. Some antibiotics used just before and just after some surgical procedures are not stocked in pharmacies. I had to take one antibiotic for a few days before and after a procedure that cost 800 Baht per tablet.

What is the name of that antibiotic?

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

Yes but Amoxicillin is the most common and cheapest antibiotic available so I can't see how this information is relevant.

Edited by Mark1066

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 7:11 PM, EricTh said:

Some antibiotics can cost as much as 65,000 Baht for a 30-day supply at a government hospital in Thailand. Example: Linezolid, which in some cases is the only antibiotic that will treat Multiple Resistant Staphylococcus infection.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's perhaps worth pointing out that each of the private hospitals has over 350 doctors available for consultations, potential patients need only visit the hospital web sites to pick the one they want and to arrange an appointment. I'm pretty certain that only a tiny percentage of those doctors are employed by the hospital, the remainder have privilege's to practice there and most will have those privilege's at all the private hospitals. There is therefore little reason to stick with just one hospital when the same doctor can be consulted at almost any of them, even at government hospitals also. I think it all comes down to cost and convenience, which hospital is easiest to use and which is the cheapest.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, Lacessit said:

I used Rajavej when I lived in Chiang Mai, the woman dentist who is the head of the clinic is very good, speaks good English. The other doctors were for minor illnesses.

I come down from Chiang Rai every six months for a check cystoscopy at Bangkok Hospital, Dr. Wittawat Rawiyotai is the urologist. Very professional. Unlike many doctors here, he doesn't mind being questioned. 18,000 baht for the cystoscopy, which IMO is quite reasonable.

How are you now?

5 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

How are you now?

Thank you for asking.

I had a bit of a scare in September when my urine cytology came back "equivocal". A repeat test was clear. Finasteride seems to be keeping my BPH under control, it would be nice to avoid a TURP if I can. Which I would probably have done in Australia if time and circumstances permit..

IIRC, you were really in the wars on the same front. Have you healed up fully?