Red-shirt leader protests against US Defence Secretary’s visit, Indo-Pacific strategy

webfact

49 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

I'm not predicting China's future, I'm using its past to frame its present - and yes, past events have a correlation to present.The only narrative I'm pushing is that the CCP cares about the party and it will sacrifice freedoms and rights to protect itself. There's too many examples to list, so I ripped this from Amnesty's website:

"The human rights situation across China continued to deteriorate. Human rights lawyers and activists reported harassment and intimidation; unfair trials; arbitrary, incommunicado and lengthy detention; and torture and other ill-treatment for simply exercising their right to freedom of expression and other human rights. The government continued a campaign of political indoctrination, arbitrary mass detention, torture and forced cultural assimilation against Muslims living in Xinjiang. Thousands of Uyghur children were separated from their parents. The National Security Law for Hong Kong enabled human rights violations which were unprecedented since the establishment of the Special Administrative Region."

By the way, I find it interesting that Hong Kong citizens went kicking and screaming back to the grip of the CCP; having tasted western freedom, they made it known they didn't want to go back.

I don't understand, are you defending China's human rights? What is your arguement?

Regardless of whether you wanna frame its future or present, the way you do it is totally biased. Doesn't mean you're wrong about human rights by the way. It's just that the world doesn't revolve solely around them. Never did. Never will. Not in China. Not in Thailand. Not even in the West where the concept was invented.

A great power never rises without violence.

China's rise has been pretty peaceful so far.

The relative decline of the West on the other hand...

That's the reason why I can't stand phony narratives about China.

That country brought prosperity to hundreds of millions around the globe and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.