Wonder what happened to my money?

streetlite

we booked and paid for 2 persons at a private hospital around the same time (June/July last year)

They called us 1 month ago to come but we don't want it anymore because of that we got the Government Free Pfizer shots.

Oke at the same time as we booked and paid for those shots my wife also paid for 2 shots at a Local Private Hospital (Foreigners weren't allowed to register at this particular Hospital)

Haven't hear anything from them and they said they would contact us around May.

I consider it a write off, but as I am going to the 1st Private Hospital for check-ups I will take the original bill with me and see if I can get a refund!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, streetlite said:

Last July (2021) I booked and paid for 2 doses of Moderna vaccine at Kasemrad Hospital in Bangkok. I never heard another word from them. Anyone else? 

"I've pretty much given up on Kasemrad and their lack of communication.

Have you asked them? We booked at THG in Bangkok and they keep the deposit if you don't follow up and take the vaccine. After 7 months of waiting we already had free government vaccines, so wrote the THG cost off.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

I will take the original bill with me and see if I can get a refund!

I already wrote both of them off, but It doesn't hurt to ask and for 6300 THB it's IMHO worth it, and also I am at the Hospital for a check-up so

Edited by MJCM
Wrong amount corrected
  • Like 1

Last July (2021) I booked and paid for 1 dose of Moderna vaccine at Kasemrad Prachachuen Hospital in Bangkok.

Communication was not a big problem.  I was able to transfer it to a friend,  but in the end my friend didn't need it (got a free one through work). I still can get it (that's what they say), just walk in.

If you’ve got the time and the motivation, you can also stop by the Office of Consumer Protection.. They are (in my first hand experience) VERY helpful and fair..: they go by the facts, the evidence and any applicable law etc…   IF you’ve got a legitimate claim against a business, thai owned or not, they will pursue it and they also do have the “teeth” to get resolution as the direct governmental agency and as i recall fall under the Prime Ministers Office. 

You would best be served to have thai speaker go with you, but it’s not necessary.  If you go that route, prepare all your documentation, proof, emails etc as you’ll have to give them copies as poof of your case.

Paid for mine at Bumrungrad, and unless you actively look out for communications from the hospital, you'd have missed many of the chances that they open up to let you book when to take your shots,

the first few lots were snapped up very quickly, we'd only manage to book ours as a 3rd shot after having had our government ones.

they have been quite irregular in sending sms or email to update when the appointment booking is being taken so unless you've been checking on them when you were waiting, you might have missed your chance, but the ones I paid for at bumrungrad is valid until the end of the year, so they would have claim that you can still 'take delivery' of the vaccine now that they're in regular supply and deny you any refund which I no doubt was off the table as terms and condition when you paid up in the first place. 

from Medpark page looks, like can get refund:

"Once the vaccine has been received, the vaccination sequence will be prioritized according to the chronological order of paid registration, and the hospital will send you a personal unique link to book your vaccination date and time in advance. However, your vaccination date will be adjusted according to appropriate recommendations based upon your vaccination history.

Nevertheless, if the hospital could not dispense you the vaccine by the committed dates below, you can request a full refund or wait for the next round of vaccine allocation:

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during July 2-4, 2021: April 30, 2022

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during August 17-27, 2021: July 31, 2022

The registration for vaccine reservation cannot be canceled, is not refundable and is final."

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/moderna-terms-and-conditions?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Jotform

12 minutes ago, internationalism said:

from Medpark page looks, like can get refund:

"Once the vaccine has been received, the vaccination sequence will be prioritized according to the chronological order of paid registration, and the hospital will send you a personal unique link to book your vaccination date and time in advance. However, your vaccination date will be adjusted according to appropriate recommendations based upon your vaccination history.

Nevertheless, if the hospital could not dispense you the vaccine by the committed dates below, you can request a full refund or wait for the next round of vaccine allocation:

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during July 2-4, 2021: April 30, 2022

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during August 17-27, 2021: July 31, 2022

The registration for vaccine reservation cannot be canceled, is not refundable and is final."

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/moderna-terms-and-conditions?utm_medium=email&utm_source=Jotform

this topic is about Kasemrad Hospital 

ok, I would imagine similar policy might be at all private hospitals offering moderna.

I quoted from Medpark for those, who have bought from them. Also the other hospitals were mentioned above in discussion.

There might be governmental rules about private vax distribution and all hospitals would have to follow them

Edited by internationalism

even if they had similar wording the 'could not dispense' could intend to mean that if they didn't have the vaccine in their possession to hold up their end of the deal, but the reality is that in most hospitals that did the for pay moderna there's enough to go round for a while now, it'd be hard to prove the lack of communication from the hospital, did you ever contact them to try to get an appointment to get your shot? 

I have contacted Medpark a month ago.

"Regarding your inquiry, we regret to inform you that we still don’t have the information when the 2nd generation of Moderna vaccine will be available. Please be informed that the vaccine that you’d reserved is for the 1st generation and you will be able to get this vaccine injection within September 2022.

Best regards,

phone +66 (2) 023 3333 | email [email protected]"

• 1 month later...

several days ago I wrote to medpark for full refund, as per policy terms.

Looks, like they are playing game in delaying refunds:

"We will try to find the customers who would like to get Moderna vaccine and transfer your rights to them.

It is going to be taken time, please provide us your local account # that we can deposit the money to once we can find the customers.

On the other hand, please attached us the copied slip transfer of 3,300 THB as the reference.

Warmest regards,

Patient Access Officer"