British / Thai boy - passport

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I countersigned U.K. Passport forms online for a friends kids, I was emailed by the Passport Office to verify I had known the kids, from what I remember they accepted my signature for the first child, renewal but rejected it for the second one for some reason, it was his first Passport.

The same friend went to VFS Global in Bangkok to get his older son a U.K. Passport, he forgot to get the photograph and form countersigned, fella in the queue signed them for him, received a Passport.

Yes, pretty much anyone, especially if they're British, can countersign.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You can register in the U.K. even if born in Thailand providing you have the relevant documents.

THAT was what I did for my son via UK Embassy Bangkok. Going around in circles here ….the “ relevant document” ( singular) is Thai Birth Cert ????

23 hours ago, nikmar said:

i should explain further that he was born in Bangkok, has never been out of the country but I did register his birth at the British Embassy. He has a certificate of registration but Im not sure if this equates to a birth certificate

I have never used this company, so this is no a 'recommendation', but there is some very useful information for you on this page - especially if you scroll down to "Documents Required" near the bottom of the page.

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/babies-first-uk-passport/

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

THAT was what I did for my son via UK Embassy Bangkok. Going around in circles here ….the “ relevant document” ( singular) is Thai Birth Cert ????

If you go to the U.K. Gov. website there is a list of documents required, quite a few more than just the Child’s Thai Birth Certificate,

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you go to the U.K. Gov. website there is a list of documents required, quite a few more than just the Child’s Thai Birth Certificate,

Yes.  Obviously the child's birth certificate (translated) is important.  But to prove eligibility for a UK passport, the child's British parent needs to produce their long-form birth certificate. I think the OP is aware of what's required now.