Thailand to temporarily exempt immigration forms for international passengers

snoop1130

7fU4ctTFH3PaSZm3AxaE-696x391.jpg

PHOTO: Bangkok Biz News

The Thai Cabinet has agreed to temporarily exempt the use of immigration forms “Tor Mor 6” for foreigners entering and departing from Thailand at all international airports to reduce congestion at Immigration checkpoints.

Government spokesperson Traisulee Traisornkul said on Tuesday, June 14th, that the exemption aimed to facilitate foreign travelers and reduce the congestion at the airports as the number of incoming tourists has increased significantly after the country reopening.

Foreigners traveling by land and sea are still required to fill out the forms because the arrivals are not significantly increasing as by air. The immigration forms are still practical in terms of crime prevention and tracking. Without the form, the physical information of incoming tourists entering that country will be collected via biometrics and their tourism information/destinations will be collected from the tour operators and airlines.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/15/thailand-to-temporarily-exempt-immigration-forms-for-international-passengers-traveling-by-air-to-reduce-congestion/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

38 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Foreigners traveling by land and sea are still required to fill out the forms because the arrivals are not significantly increasing as by air. The immigration forms are still practical in terms of crime prevention and tracking. Without the form, the physical information of incoming tourists entering that country will be collected via biometrics and their tourism information/destinations will be collected from the tour operators and airlines.

I like the idea that it will help streamline immigration. 

Erm... so the forms are not scrapped...  Immigration are simply ‘shunting’ the data collection on to the airlines. 

I do not see in any way or form how these forms prevent crime - any criminal simply lies about his address on these forms... they are meaningless. 

Thailand would do well just to do away with them and rely on just the biometrics.

38 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

What happens when going to do a 90 day, asked to fill in a tm47 which requires the tm6 number. Try explaining to your local imm that they did not give you one at the airport. 

Did my 90 day report today which was the 1st one after returning from a UK trip in March & there is no longer any need to provide the TM6 number (even if it does have a space for it on the form, there's nowhere to enter it on the website) or Arrival flight details (do need to enter the date you arrived) when doing it online (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

FWIW submitted the online form & <40 minutes later had the approval so that's that done for another 90 days ????  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

What happens when going to do a 90 day, asked to fill in a tm47 which requires the tm6 number. Try explaining to your local imm that they did not give you one at the airport. 

Fill in a form?

How antiquated.????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

They ask for the tm6 when I do my 90 day either by post or in person, the online does not always work. In that situation how to explain to the local imm boss he does not need it. 

Have you tried the new site that I linked to above (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login) honestly much better success rate, only problem I've had since it was introduced was my last extension wasn't registered on the 90 day reporting DB so it had me on overstay (so I paid Maneerat 200 THB to do my 90 day for me). 

4 minutes ago, Bobtheblob said:

They ask for the tm6 when I do my 90 day either by post or in person, the online does not always work. In that situation how to explain to the local imm boss he does not need it. 

They will know..........................