Majority of ASEAN NOW expat viewers want to remain in Thailand

webfact

5 hours ago, Hummin said:

Why doesnt women post more on this forum? Thats a good question? 

Lets me see how many forum users talks nice about local women here, and especially those “fat ugly gals” back home? 

If you state positive things about women her, then the majority of the users who reply, have something negative to say and argue. I believe one to ten is positive about women who are active and reply or make topics. 

This fora is not exactly a positive fora of men, for men and by men. Negativity rules the forum. 

Well, I would estimate the number of independent western women living overseas (without the inevitable husband in tow) at less than 1% ( if that) of western expats. I’ve never come across one in fact. Most younger women would always return home to further career, marry & start families. A quite separate way smaller demographic with undoubtedly their own contact networks.

Women by evolutionary design are not “wanderers” ; they ultimately stay close to original home & family rather than seek new ones like many men obviously do here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Well, I would estimate the number of independent western women living overseas (without the inevitable husband in tow) at less than 1% ( if that) of western expats. I’ve never come across one in fact. Most younger women would always return home to further career, marry & start families. A quite separate way smaller demographic with undoubtedly their own contact networks.

Women by evolutionary design are not “wanderers” ; they ultimately stay close to original home & family rather than seek new ones like many men obviously do here.

Many women travels Asia, and also living in Asia, especially in Krabi, Phuket and Surat Thanis islands. Khao Lake as well 

Quite a few women in Chiang Mai and more in Pai.

Last condo I lived in Hua Hin, 10% was western  women out of the Western men living there.

You might not see them, since they do not hang out at typical western men favorite places but they are around, and more than you would think. ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

My mother just paid 13,000 pounds for a knee replacement. 

She could have got it here for half the price. 

Yes they were even on a special offer at the place in Sri Racha a month or so ago. Phyatgai Hospital. 

15 hours ago, RobU said:

I had to go private once £80 for an appointment with a consultant. No idea about health insurance, pre existing conditions and age make it very expensive

I was thinking that as there was a National Health Service, supplied free at point of need, supplementing that with some private cover might well be reasonable in the UK.  Insurance is a complicated thing in Thailand .....

10 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Why would you be asking me such a question? After all, I'm not the guy who claimed people were being treated free in the UK.... every day.

Stop trolling me..... 

What I said is true..... 

23 hours ago, Hummin said:

Many women travels Asia, and also living in Asia, especially in Krabi, Phuket and Surat Thanis islands. Khao Lake as well 

Quite a few women in Chiang Mai and more in Pai.

Last condo I lived in Hua Hin, 10% was western  women out of the Western men living there.

You might not see them, since they do not hang out at typical western men favorite places but they are around, and more than you would think. ????

It's weird how they are never "normal" women however.

They are always, bohemians, hippies, or some similar weird type. Not just a stereotypical woman you would see walking around a city in the USA, for example.

The ones I have met always seem to be lesbian, or asexual.

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

It's weird how they are never "normal" women however.

They are always, bohemians, hippies, or some similar weird type. Not just a stereotypical woman you would see walking around a city in the USA, for example.

It is a lovely bunch of different types of expats in Thailand that's for sure, women and men 

Edited by Hummin

On 6/18/2022 at 2:56 PM, JimTripper said:

<snip>

Well, that's what they tell you! ????

3 hours ago, oslooskar said:

No, what you said was not true! And if you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

I can take the heat just fine... just not your disinformation.

Hospital treatment is free of charge for people who are ordinarily resident in the UK.

Source.

On 6/19/2022 at 11:46 PM, jacko45k said:

I can take the heat just fine... just not your disinformation.

Hospital treatment is free of charge for people who are ordinarily resident in the UK.

Source.

REALLY??? Well, I must admit that is quite a shocker. So, if you don't mind my asking, when did British subjects stop paying income tax?

6 hours ago, oslooskar said:

REALLY??? Well, I must admit that is quite a shocker. So, if you don't mind my asking, when did British subjects stop paying income tax?

When they all went on benefits....or retired etc etc.

Edited by jacko45k

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

When they all went on benefits....or retired etc etc.

I see....so, according to you, nobody in the United Kingdom is paying taxes because everyone there is either retired or on benefits....is that correct?

14 hours ago, oslooskar said:

I see....so, according to you, nobody in the United Kingdom is paying taxes because everyone there is either retired or on benefits....is that correct?

No, what I said was UK health care at point of treatment is free....if you want to add the argument it is funded for by the public tax system go ahead, So are the street lights.....

Have you nothing better to do?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No, what I said was UK health care at point of treatment is free....if you want to add the argument it is funded for by the public tax system go ahead, So are the street lights.....

Have you nothing better to do?

It's not about me, it's about your nonsensical claim that medical care is free in the U.K. for its residents there.

Just now, oslooskar said:

It's not about me, it's about your nonsensical claim that medical care is free in the U.K. for its residents there.

For quite a lot of residents it is completely free...... only 30% of of UK citizens pay income tax. For others, they are no more out of pocket than before they sought medical assistance. Because it is free.

You don't know what you are talking about.... you are also trolling me so I shall put you on ignore. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

For quite a lot of residents it is completely free...... only 30% of of UK citizens pay income tax. For others, they are no more out of pocket than before they sought medical assistance. Because it is free.

You don't know what you are talking about.... you are also trolling me so I shall put you on ignore. 

The NHS is only funded by income tax.

It is also funded by other taxes such as corporation taxes and VAT.

• Like 1