Majority of ASEAN NOW expat viewers want to remain in Thailand

webfact

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

Nothing is for free in this world, and waiting for many hours to see a Free doctor may not be the best way to go.

People are still being treated free in the UK.... every day. 

The choice is to wait  or suffer on, as I see (and have seen) some do in Thailand. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Archie Baker said:

Definitely NOT the the country of choice any more

So where would you say is the country of choice Archie B.................

----------------------------------

I was looking at a survey of 30 countries a few weeks ago---

they  were asking their nearly retirees where they would like to live when the time comes.

The usual response from the POMS---Spain--Why? = "because its close to home".

Only one surprise came from the usual,  well traveled Germans

Germany  = Namibia

While no country in the world can claim to be free of crime,

Namibia ranks as one of the safest and most politically stable nations in Africa

6% population is white. ---Google

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

People are still being treated free in the UK.... every day. 

The choice is to wait  or suffer on, as I see (and have seen) some do in Thailand. 

Maybe you should have a listen to 60 miniates in Australia about their free hospital system going down the drain. This world is in chaos right now how long do you think the UK will be handing out lollipops?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Then you presumably have obtained some form of residency or worked in Thailand? I agree what you quote is great, but it is not readily available to most retirees in Thailand.

I am on --the same as him O visa renew every year 800K+ in bank etc ....

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I get frequent communications from a good friend in Australia who has a degenerative incurable disease and he speaks highly of the service he obtains. And a pal in the UK has just got the all clear after cancer treatment.

They have an insurance in Oz Jacko that most people take out.... its cheap, it is subsidized by the government, they call it Medi-care private. Medi-care public is when you dont have it & expect to wait a long time.

What it does is put you in front of the queue . Its a good insurance its well worth it, no age discrimination-- I tried to take it out so I could rush back there if anything goes wrong--but now everything computerized cant leave the country for a certain time without losing all privileges

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I get frequent communications from a good friend in Australia who has a degenerative incurable disease and he speaks highly of the service he obtains. And a pal in the UK has just got the all clear after cancer treatment.... 

But the subject is Thailand.... if you have run out of money here, getting medical treatment is unlikely. 

They treat you first than give you the bill and if you are on a pension like many of us are, they will let you pay it off monthly until finished.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Off course, most of the Asean Now expats want to stay in Thailand. What would they all do, if not have something to complain about on a daily basis?

It gives you something to read and errrr complain about!????

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

They treat you first than give you the bill and if you are on a pension like many of us are, they will let you pay it off monthly until finished.

Actually they determine you can pay first in my limited experience, and you pay PDQ.